Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14

Author Topic: (Open) Insanity II - Anything (Still) Goes - Chapter 1: New Neighbors  (Read 23798 times)

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile

INSANITY II - Anything (Still) Goes
Chapter 1: New Neighbors
You wake up in your house, or at least, what looks to be your house. Hey, look, there's some new neighbors, also waking up!

You should probably go out and meet them, make some coffee, chat about life. Let's just hope things don't get too crazy, though...

Hey, wait, I remember this! What happened to the old one?
Basically, real life came up, and by the time I was done taking care of it, I had completely forgotten this was here.

But never fear, lads! I have slain the beast of Real Life, and we shall sail once again!
(Oh, quick note, I may have also cut up Physics and Logic a little in the battle. Whoops. Hopefully that shouldn't affect too much, though!)

What about that other game, Unsanity?
It's a hostile takover that happened after I accidentally abandoned this. I don't see any problem with it being there, though. Yay, parallel universes!

Rules
laughing uncontrollably

Sorry, I didn't realize you actually needed those.

Essentially, you can try anything you want, whenever you want, for whatever reason you want. You'll still be constrained by what's physically possible... mostly.

On the flip side, I also get to do whatever I want, provided there is some correlation between your action and it - if you say you eat a pancake, I can make the pancake actually be a CIA top-secret camouflaged hoverboard. Basically, you do whatever you want, and I make it turn out however I want. Expect a lot of funny dialogue, references, 4th-wall breaks, and bad puns.

I also encourage you to play while angry, sad, right after you drank six coffees, up at 3 AM realizing how weird hands are, or all of the above. I'll probably be GMing the same way.

Rolls
All actions are determined with a d10, through random.org. (If you don't like your roll, blame Mother Nature.)
Modifiers will be added based on your current state (i.e, if you're trying to charm a toaster collector, wearing your sarcastic toaster graphic tee will give you a +1 modifier.)

You can also over-do it, causing things to backfire. For example, getting a 10 with a +3 strength modifier while trying to pet a fluffy kitten will end up exactly how you think, unless your version doesn't involve getting the mop.

Spoiler: Roll meanings (click to show/hide)

Buffs/Debuffs
Buffs and debuffs last for a set number of actions or turns.

Turns are based on how many updates I write - if I write two updates for everyone (or nearly everyone), that's two turns. However, if I write one update for half the players, the other half post, and I write one update for the other half, that's one turn.

Actions are based on how many events of yours require rolls involving that buff. Searching for something and punching an enemy in one turn is two actions. However, if you just talk to someone (and you're not trying to charm them), that's zero actions.

The exception is buffs/debuffs induced by your physical state - if you're wearing a bracelet of +1 Cold Resistance, you keep it as long as you wear the bracelet.

They do not have any specific stat types, they are all context dependent - wearing a -2 Glove of Dirtiness will affect rolls requiring you to be clean, or not to get something dirty.

Sign-Up Sheet
You can sign up at any time you want. The "open" in the title is just there to make sure people don't think it's closed.

Name:
Appearance:
Appearance of your house:
Inventory: (limit 5 basic items, you'll get more later on as you explore your house/the real world)
Personality:
Do not write in this space: _____
List three of your favorite things:
Fill in the blanks - _____: Now with 20% more _____!
Place whatever you want here:

Player Roster
Spoiler: Player Roster (click to show/hide)

Notable NPCs
Spoiler: Notable NPCs (click to show/hide)

Other Noteworthy Things
Spoiler: Noteworthy Things (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:06:33 pm by Tymewalk »

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile

Name: Charles
Appearance: Quite average, slightly tall, brown hair.
Appearance of your house: One of those modern, smaller houses. Very black and white colours.
Inventory: A bottle of water, swiss army knife, spare jacket and a random book
Personality: Quite peaceful, but when he gets angry... you don't want to be near him.
List three of your favorite things: Soccer, paper, pasta
Fill in the blanks - hi: Now with 20% more hii!
Place whatever you want here: how weird are hands, man
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile

Name: Charles
Appearance: Quite average, slightly tall, brown hair.
Appearance of your house: One of those modern, smaller houses. Very black and white colours.
Inventory: A bottle of water, swiss army knife, spare jacket and a random book
Personality: Quite peaceful, but when he gets angry... you don't want to be near him.
List three of your favorite things: Soccer, paper, pasta
Fill in the blanks - hi: Now with 20% more hii!
Place whatever you want here: how weird are hands, man
Accepted.

You wake up in your room, painted a nice-looking blue color. On the desk lies your trusty Swiss Army Knife - after that time you binge-watched MacGyver, you've never left home without it.

You appear to also be the first one awake, but there's plenty more houses on the block.

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile

Charles goes for a morning jog, taking his swiss army knife and water bottle with him.
"If magic can't solve a problem, the answer is always more magic." - Whisperling

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

Hey, this is back.

Name:Subject XX121
Appearance:A xenomorph.
Appearance of your house:A nest hidden under the dump.
Inventory:5 eggs. One is a Royal facehugger.
Personality:HIVE.
Do not write in this space:I surpass all limits.
List three of your favorite things:Hive, hosts, Queen.
Fill in the blanks - Xenomorphs: Now with 20% more stabbing!
Place whatever you want here:SssSsss...
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile

Charles goes for a morning jog, taking his swiss army knife and water bottle with him.
Run: 1d10 = 7

You manage to look like a completely awesome dude while doing it, jogging down the street.

Oh yeah. You are burning so many calories right now.
Hey, this is back.

Name:Subject XX121
Appearance:A xenomorph.
Appearance of your house:A nest hidden under the dump.
Inventory:5 eggs. One is a Royal facehugger.
Personality:HIVE.
Do not write in this space:I surpass all limits.
List three of your favorite things:Hive, hosts, Queen.
Fill in the blanks - Xenomorphs: Now with 20% more stabbing!
Place whatever you want here:SssSsss...

Accepted!

You wake up in your nest.

This is the part where you would look out the window, but your underground nest has no window.

You gain a Cardboard Window artfully drawn in about 15 seconds with some crayons.

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile

Charles attempts to knock on doors and find a nuke.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile

XX121

Stealthily explore the environment.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile

Name: The Manworm
Appearance: Its body is humanoid, wearing a tailored suit, while its "head" is a slug/worm like appendage with a cavernous mouth filled with teeth.
Appearance of your house: A large pirate ship made of reinforced glass.
Inventory: Pencil, paper, spatula, playing cards, pepper spray.
Personality: A very hungry individual, Manworm just wants to eat, discover the meaning of life, eat some more.
List three of your favorite things: Eating, classical music, philosophical musings
Fill in the blanks - Creepy: Now with 20% more Crawly!
Place whatever you want here: foodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfood
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile

Charles attempts to knock on doors and find a nuke.
1d10 = 2

You swing your arm out blindly into thin air, expecting a door to be behind it. Instead, you faceplant into the ground.

Nice going, genius.
XX121

Stealthily explore the environment.
1d10 = 9

You explore the neighborhood with the utmost stealth, hiding behind bushes and such.

Unfortunately, it looks like there's not much to explore. Just some houses and a road out into the city.
Name: The Manworm
Appearance: Its body is humanoid, wearing a tailored suit, while its "head" is a slug/worm like appendage with a cavernous mouth filled with teeth.
Appearance of your house: A large pirate ship made of reinforced glass.
Inventory: Pencil, paper, spatula, playing cards, pepper spray.
Personality: A very hungry individual, Manworm just wants to eat, discover the meaning of life, eat some more.
List three of your favorite things: Eating, classical music, philosophical musings
Fill in the blanks - Creepy: Now with 20% more Crawly!
Place whatever you want here: foodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfoodfood
Accepted!

You wake up in your large glass pirate ship, spatula sitting on your nightstand, playing cards neatly tucked in one of your suits.

You look outside, and hear some commotion. You hope it's not those noisy kids on your roof again.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: (Open) Insanity II - Anything (Still) Goes - Chapter 1: New Neighbors
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2017, 07:02:43 pm »

XX121

Find some hosts and spawn a Queen.
My mods and forum games.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2017, 07:20:48 pm »

Manworm:

Look for some squirrels outside to add to the stew.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2017, 07:36:06 pm »

Charles attempts to fly into the air like Superman. If that doesn't work, just pick self back up and continue looking for nukes.

Tymewalk

• Bay Watcher
  • Tyme Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2017, 07:41:41 pm »

XX121

Find some hosts and spawn a Queen.
Find Hosts: 1d10 = 6

You locate a few Redshirts to become the next queen.

Spawn Queen: 1d10 = 1

You slip while trying to and destroy a couple of your eggs. The queen egg is mostly intact, but unless you're planning on having scrambled Xenomorph the other two are toast.
Manworm:

Look for some squirrels outside to add to the stew.
Search: 1d10 = 2

You found some squirrels... some very large, very hungry squirrels, ready to put you in their stew.

Better start running.
Charles attempts to fly into the air like Superman. If that doesn't work, just pick self back up and continue looking for nukes.
Fly: 1d10 = 7

Hey, it works! You can fly!

...for about a minute, until you start plummeting back down. Focus, focus, focus! Unless you want to be turned into a fine red puddle, that is.

TheLastDino

• Bay Watcher
  • Prefers not to die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2017, 07:43:39 pm »

Charles attempts to fly again, trying to recreate the feeling he had when he first flew. If that doesn't work, redirect plummet to soft landing.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14