Machine
- 0 (0%)
Frame
- 2 (28.6%)
Paladin
- 5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: (RTD) Knights of the Stars  (Read 8578 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: (RTD) Knights of the Stars
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2017, 07:08:01 am »

Designing a battleframe:
Spoiler: Vision 1 (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 01:34:20 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2017, 09:45:40 am »

@Lenglon

That is way too many drones for a single Battle Frame to feasibly hold unless you were absolutely dedicated to that purpose which would make you unable to hold a Linear rifle and even then, it'd be a hard bargain to hold 20 Drones that can both move fast and act according to their designated function. I would prefer it to have a single drone with a Phazon Pistol, a single drone with a  cyber interface and four with manipulative arms and amped up scanning equipment, with six drones in total. They'd be about the size of a backpack with the ability to fly, scan, etc. They'd be fast but they'd be restricted due to the compact nature of ship boarding, but since your making them out to be scouts that will be fine. To prevent me from having a headache in managing all the drones,  I am going to say that you can only use the primary secondary tertiary actions with them,  IE you can use the primary action to fire your linear Rifle after using your secondary and Tertiary action to get the drones into place so you can fire your weapon.

By essentially being a box on wheels your gonna be a little weak to two things: Small doors, and Decompression.

If a door is too small for you to fit, then you have to have someone cut it for you to fit. If Decompression happens, there is a very high chance that you'll be knocked onto your side unless something like a Gecko clamp or a spike which anchors you tot he ground is installed.

Would you prefer your drones a little beefy but made with parts that you can't replicate or "wimpy" drones made out of some prefabricated parts and Materials from a built in Fabricator? Things like a Phazon Pistol gun can't be replicated due to the complex nature of essentially being a gun that shoots magnetically contained bolts of plasma, but things like the frame, the electronics and other such would be fabricated on the fly, allowing for easier repair times for downed drones.

When a Drone is not in flight its docked to what essentially amounts to an external clamp, so if you get shot at there is a chance a drone may get hit instead or with you.

I'm sorry if I look like I am nerfing your character but I can't let you have eight different drones with firearms and four with the ability to hack, that would wreck the game balance I had intended, not to mention the Linear Rifle.

I would also be okay with you acting as a Hive for a large amount of bee-sized Micromachines that act as both "scouts" and mobile razorblades if you so prefer.

@Beirus
You nerfed yourself too hard, I would advise that instead of a -1 to mental actions for  (Which include gunplay.) I would suggest a single action of "taking a breath" where you can't aim your weapon properly or other tasks after the Abilities "active" timer is over.

@NAV
Welcome to my humble abode, don't read the books with blood on them or you might lose your fingers, they bite.

Double Edit: Whoever wants to preemptively select colors for their text that'd be great, those of you who got accepted.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 09:59:32 am by Blood_Librarian »
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2017, 10:26:07 am »

((I'll pick purple shadow for my text))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2017, 10:28:34 am »

I'll take darkred or maroon.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2017, 10:56:21 am »

The main reason the drone count was so high is I expect them to get swatted like flies. Ill drop their count down like you asked, and am a fan of the fragile but replaceable variant. can I still have one model that doesn't require atmosphere to move and has manipulator arms? uexpected lack of atmosphere is what the viper wheeled models were meant for, because copters dont work without gravity and air.

Could I have my wheels be magnetized to act as clamps?

doorway issues is exactly the kind of thing a prototype encounters :p, Im fine with it. gives Vision an upgrade path, in addition to more/better drones/fabricators.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2017, 11:24:53 am »

@Lenglon  I was thinking that in addition to the rotor's, they'd  have little coiled up "legs" that they would use to bounce around in zero gravity, along with said "thrusters".

When I said Fragile, I meant less "throw a softball at it and it's down" and more "hit it a couple times with a sledgehammer".  The kind of equipment that the drones are equipped seems delicate compared to what amounts to mobile tanks that the Augmented should be. the Republic doesnt send toys into what is fully expected to be a meat grinder where only the best can survive, that'd be a waste of equipment.

The Drones, which will for now be six. four observers, one gun drone, and one interface drone. They'll be relatively speaking fragile, but they are essentially backpack size rotary helicopters with very heavy duty equipment onboard. When one gets damaged, an Observer drone will manipulate it back onto your Frame and you're built in fabricator and nano swarm will attempt to fix it.  Sounds reasonable?

Yeah, sure the wheels can act as magnetic clamps.

update your character sheet, I trust you can make the Item Pack, and PM me the drones with their item descriptions, I'll place them in the Item Catalogue.

@crazyable understood

@coolrune206 Got it.

After Lenglon and Beirus are confirmed we will start.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2017, 11:33:46 am »

sounds good to me, modifying sheet.
reserving mediumorchid color
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 12:03:45 pm by Lenglon »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2017, 11:57:09 am »

My sheet should be complete now.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2017, 01:26:30 pm »

Mission will commence shortly.

@Coolrune206, Wake up.
Spoiler: Introduction (click to show/hide)

@Lenglon, You are in. Wake up.
Note: remove the Nanorobot Internal repair system and the remote viewing tablets, Starknights have Hud-based access to information, not hand-held tactical PDA's, and the repair system is something innate to all BattleFrames, so it is not required to state that you have such.

@Beirus You should be waking up. You're in the program.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2017, 01:35:31 pm »

Frunk blinks a few times, looking at his hand and flexing his digits.

((Am I in the same room as the Battleframes?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2017, 01:59:08 pm »

//Boot
//sysdiag... good.
//fabdiag... good.
//wpndiag... good.
//drndiag... good.
//startup
"WELCOME to our VISION of the future!"
"Deploying!"
Deploy Eye 1 to scan my surroundings and gain situational awareness. deploy Raptor 1 for security due to lack of situational awareness.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2017, 01:59:47 pm »

Let me finish writing up the mission stance.

I'm gonna skip the "I'm in a bed and recovering aaaaaah." and skip straight to the gruff and buff talk on the shuttle as you get to the enemies home.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2017, 02:22:32 pm »

Mission 001: Operation Pandora's Box
Post 001: Pandora's Box

On October 4th, 2128, 25GS, The Yaerians entered into a war with the Unitarian Empire.  The Stardew Vast was forcefully boarded, all hands presumed lost after the captain released a distress signal over the FTL communications array. The exact contents of the message are not known to the general public, or yourself. The SummerSet Protocol was initiated, and despite all the monumental resources that the SummerSet Protocol places behind the Yaerian Republic, it was not enough.

On October 11th, Uriegal Tu’Siegh  was attacked, the entirety of its orbital infrastructure and the entire population, be they in the ring or on the surface were all killed by a combination of long range orbital bombardment and falling orbital debris from the “ring” that was built around the planet over the duration of the colonies existence. Of the estimated 700 million Yaerians in Tu’Seigh, the number of survivors recovered in between the First UNitarian Exploration Fleets assault was numbered in the thousands.

On October 12th, the Starknight Program began, in the backroom dealings between the Director of Ethics and the Director of the Entire Yaerian Republic.

On November 13th, A break was finnally given tot eh Yaerian People, despite the seven planets that were purged and glassed of life.

The Yaerian war fleet had crippled a Dreadnaught long enough for the Starknights to board.

The entire 20 man team of Starknights would be deployed in different Sections,  with four squads total. Star 1 was to take the Engines. Star 2 was to take the WarpDrive, Star 3 was to take the reactor, and Star 4 was to take the Bridge, the arguably most heavily guarded of them all.

You are Squad Star 4.

You and ten other regular marines sat in a simple boarding shuttle, while the pilot and the accompanying ShipFrame narrowly dodges fire while heading to their intended destination.

You are either strapped into a “lifeseat” or magnetically clamped onto the wall, depending on if you're made of metal or carbon.

Come to think of it, you haven’t really spoken to each other much until now.

Cast a vote if you want this ship to crash and burn or “dock”.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2017, 03:02:20 pm »

"Finally, a chance to really test out these augmentations. And we get to kill some Unitarian bastards too. This should be fun. I'm Guwat, by the way." Guwat speaks up on the ride, his eagerness noticeable in the tone of his voice.

Spoiler: Guwat (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 03:04:16 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2017, 03:04:29 pm »

"I'm... Frunk. I'll be uhhh... repairing the Battleframes if they go down, and hopefully killing some enemies.

Uhhh... sorry if I'm a little nervous or jittery. I don't do well with working as a team.
"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11