Machine
- 0 (0%)
Frame
- 2 (28.6%)
Paladin
- 5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: (RTD) Knights of the Stars  (Read 8771 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: (RTD) Knights of the Stars
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2017, 03:05:59 pm »

"I'm Ognip, Nice ta meet ya. I hope this goes well."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2017, 03:26:34 pm »

One of the Marines in the lifeseats next to the group shuffles uncomfortably, looking particularly at the fact that your hard suits are pretty much ten grades higher than his, while another one snickers at Ogni'Pish.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2017, 05:56:13 pm »

//Standby mode
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2017, 06:18:25 pm »

"This Unit is designated Thunderbolt IV" The BattleFrame vocalized scanning its squadmates.

Spoiler: Thunderbolt IV (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:30:47 pm by Slick »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2017, 06:23:35 pm »

Frunk seems interested with the BattleFrame that spoke.

"Thunderbolt IV? What level of intelligence do you possess? Do you have emotions? Regrets for killing? Or are you a 'dumb' AI, and simply compute the most efficient method of slaughter?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2017, 06:44:24 pm »

Frunk seems interested with the BattleFrame that spoke.

"Thunderbolt IV? What level of intelligence do you possess? Do you have emotions? Regrets for killing? Or are you a 'dumb' AI, and simply compute the most efficient method of slaughter?"
The BattleFrame turned its attention to Frunk. "Thunderbolt IV is this Units given designation. This Unit possesses a gamma level Positronic Intelligence. This Unit does not have the faculties needed to process emotions. Regrets are illogical given mission parameters. Computational abilities devoted to squad survival."

(OOC: First time writing something described as non-sentient at least right now anyway. By the way I made a minor addition to Thunderbolts' backstory.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 06:46:04 pm by Slick »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2017, 07:03:20 pm »

"Squad survival. That includes me. That's reassuring. Wow. Who would have guessed that a simple conversation with an advanced killing machine would be so therapeutic?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2017, 07:26:53 pm »

Mission 001: Pandoras Box
Post 01: Into the breach

The Shuttle shakes vigorously, and suddenly the shuttle begins exercising in a series of high gravity maneuvers. the equivalent of Inertial Dampeners makes a harsh whine at these maneuvers while the Pilot curses to himself, before swiping at the Holographic interface and his voice booms over the speakers in the walls.

"This landing ain't gonna be pretty, we're gonna hit a shuttle hanger HARD, the starboard engines cut and I don't think I can slow us down as we should be without it!"

A klaxon emanates from the interface of the pilot, and he makes a hard left bank. the shuttle starts spinning,  and for a brief moment the Gravitational systems are overloaded, and around eleven G"s worth of force pulls you to the front of the shuttle as the ship pulls a full burn to stop as fast as it possibly can.

The Shuttle slams into the floor of the Hangar Bay, clogged open from a  stray plasma round from a Yaerian Frigate, it makes a perfect entry point to the bridge.

[1] The pilot lets out a scream before a wet squelch is heard from the cockpit, followed by a loud metal screech as the shuttle makes a resounding stop, by hitting a wall.

[4]Of the five Starknights, the Ten Marines did not seem to have fared very well to the shrapnel that flew in the shuttle, one of them has a suit breach, the others are more or less unconscious from the extreme maneuvers pulled by the late pilot.

[6] Beirus survived the crash just fine, Not even a single bruise, you swore that some shrapnel headed your way though...

[1] One of your main sensor bulbs had been completely shattered. Although you have two more, the amount of shrapnel that lodged into both your frame and said sensor bulb is undiscerning.

[3]No Shrapnel has collided with Thunderbolt IV's frame, but one of their HE grenades was dislodged from the magnetic harness and has rolled into a corner.

[3] A shard of metal the size of a piece of unboiled spaghetti was inches away from landing inside Ognip's head.

[6] Although Guwat was not hit with any shrapnel, a spatter of blue blood had somehow lightly coated his left gauntlet, likely from the suit breach wound of the Marine right next to him.

the Port airlock of the shuttle opens, just as the harnesses holding everyone release, letting everyone stand if they so choose. A Marine right next to the door shouts over his comm that he sees the enemy.

There are four Unitarian soldiers outside of the ship, confused and unsure what has just transpired, while 8-16 "civilian" personnel are either dazed, confused or half dead.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 08:01:31 am by Blood_Librarian »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2017, 07:35:03 pm »

"Someone tend to the marines! Everyone else, let's make some kibble out of these Uni's!"

Frunk grabs his Plasmatic Thrower, leaps out of the ship into close quarters, and begins spraying the hostiles with plasma. Of course, he might be discarding any cover he might've had, but he also had a very close range weapon. Thus, he had to be a bit rash.

Spoiler: Frunk (click to show/hide)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2017, 07:39:23 pm »

((Darn, if only I could have tried to cushion us with dark matter. At least most of the marines are fine. As far as range, can I hit the Unitarian soldiers from here or do I need to spend a secondary or tertiary action to move first?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2017, 07:47:36 pm »

Only the marine who reported them can actually see them, everyone would need to make a teritary action to move.

I might actually come up with a map to be helpful.

Slick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2017, 08:13:40 pm »

Thunderbolt turns before asking. "Requesting retrieval of lost munition." The BattleFrame then maneuvers towards the shuttles exit.

Thunderbolt requests someone to grab his lost HE grenade, then he maneuvers forward through the exit of the shuttle, towards the enemy combatants with shield at ready and Snubnose rifle drawn.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2017, 08:18:39 pm »

I'll grab the 'nade, and go wait beside the door.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:19:31 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 06, 2017, 08:35:05 pm »

"What an auspicious start! Looks like it's time to kick this party off."

Guwat moves to cover where he can see all the Unitarian soldiers and uses his psionic to immobilized them with dark matter in a way that would keep them from bringing their weapons to bear. Or he just psionically crushes them with dark matter. Either one works, really. As long as he does so from cover. If he cant do that from suitable cover, he'll just turn his tertiary move into a secondary move to jump into the middle of the Unitarian soldiers while wrapping himself in dark matter to try to deflect attacks and then explosively releasing it outwards at them at close range, or doing some other suitably flashy attack with it for added intimidation.

In short, if suitable cover and line of sight: Dark matter squish.
If no suitable cover: Dark matter encased charge and pulse/blast

Spoiler: Guwat (click to show/hide)
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 06, 2017, 10:25:43 pm »

//Immediate threat detected.
Deploy Raptor 1, Activate Linear Rifle
"WELCOME to our VISION of the future!"
And open fire
"We are delighted to ensure your safety!"

Spoiler: Vision 1 (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11