Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Battlevoid: Sector Siege. A methodical straight into action RTS game.  (Read 3840 times)

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Battlevoid: Sector Siege - A methodical straight into action real-time strategy game for PC and mobile.

Commanders. It is my absolute pleasure to show you the first screenshots of a completely new Battlevoid game. This game was built from scratch using another game engine. We did this because we knew we had fans that wanted more to the Battlevoid series. For the past 9 months I have worked 6 or 7 days a week, 10 hours or more every day to bring this game alive. All the while our 2 other guys have been committed to Space Haven. We didn't want to announce anything prematurely, since we weren't sure we could pull this off. But we did! The game is going to be released on both PC and mobile, and it's looking like a game with great potential. Enjoy the screenshots along with a short start for a story.

When humans decided to form colonies in space, the mission was to find new resources, find more room for a growing humanity and make contact with new life forms. Humans quickly found out they weren't alone, and that the other life forms weren't friendly. The galaxy was in chaos, each new race humans encountered quickly turned hostile. It was like an aura of suspicion existed around humanity, marking humans as the cause of something evil.

A fleet of 5. You can command up to 12 or so ships in the game.

The crew selection screen. Your crew composition will affect various statistics in the game, like build rate, research, resource gathering and marine attack and defense.

A Trolgar mothership entering the zone.

The build window for the Battlestation.

Boarding a Guardian Light assault ship. Victory! This ship will be ours.

The reinforcement window, plenty of ship designs to choose from. Each ship can be customized with point defense turrets, main turrets and hangars.

Trolgars surrounding human fleet.

The build window for a human ship.

Celestials defending their mine against Wanderer attack.

The research window. The game currently has over 10 tech trees, consisting of stat bonuses, new turrets and hangars, as well as new units.

Celestials defending against a Trolgar attack

The Celestial Battlestation showing who's boss!

Human Battlestation can't withstand a Trolgar attack.

Features:

• Campaign and skirmish.
  • Two game play modes. Domination and Under Siege.
  • Command a fleet of up to ~10 ship units and up to ~12 stations.
  • Battle for capture points spread across a sector.
  • Choose your own crew composition.
  • Research new technology.
  • Board and capture alien ships and clone them.
  • All the familiar races from Harbinger, and a new race called "Guardians".

You can subscribe below to the Bugbyte community to be the first to play:

http://bugbyte.fi/forums/showthread.php?tid=302
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 12:14:55 pm by AdmiralGeezer »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your link has random numbers in it.  Seems interesting enough for a try though.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your link has random numbers in it.  Seems interesting enough for a try though.

Ahh yes, the link was in wrong format. Should be working now :)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Looks fairly neat, and I'm not terribly unenthused about some of the previous works. Thaaaat said, spoilers for those images would be pretty great. They're kinda' gigantic for us folks with relatively lower screen resolutions, and do somewhat horrible things to the thread when you start scrolling down.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Looks fairly neat, and I'm not terribly unenthused about some of the previous works. Thaaaat said, spoilers for those images would be pretty great. They're kinda' gigantic for us folks with relatively lower screen resolutions, and do somewhat horrible things to the thread when you start scrolling down.

"Not terribly unenthused." - Would it be possible to use that quote in marketing?  ;)

Alright yes. I made them to 800 width now, perhaps that works better?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

Feel free, heh. And yeah, much improved.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile

I'll have a crack at it. The last one wasn't bad, though a little limited in its leveling scenario and workable builds. If this one is a step up from that, should be a fun little game. Plus it'll give me a way of funding this AND Space Haven's development. One for now and one in the future, what more could I ask for?

I'll take a look at the forums when I've got a bit of time off, so I can give some decent feedback and thoughts.
It's a game. Have fun.

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Battlevoid: Sector Siege. A methodical straight into action RTS game.
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 12:17:23 pm »

Greetings!

We have been busy bees all summer, developing both Sector Siege and Space Haven furiously to get them into your hands. Space Haven is still long ways to go, but Sector Siege is in good shape!
I updated the opening post with the newest screenshots, since they have come a long way. Here are the latest, the game is starting to be close for a release, and I'm really happy with how it has turned out.

Looking forward to show you guys a trailer soon and hoping some of you will grab the game at some point!

A fleet of 5. You can command up to 12 or so ships in the game.

The crew selection screen. Your crew composition will affect various statistics in the game, like build rate, research, resource gathering and marine attack and defense.

A Trolgar mothership entering the zone.

The build window for the Battlestation.

Boarding a Guardian Light assault ship. Victory! This ship will be ours.

The reinforcement window, plenty of ship designs to choose from. Each ship can be customized with point defense turrets, main turrets and hangars.

Trolgars surrounding human fleet.

The build window for a human ship.

Celestials defending their mine against Wanderer attack.

The research window. The game currently has over 10 tech trees, consisting of stat bonuses, new turrets and hangars, as well as new units.

Celestials defending against a Trolgar attack

The Celestial Battlestation showing who's boss!

Human Battlestation can't withstand a Trolgar attack.

You can subscribe below to the Bugbyte community to be the first to play:

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 08:40:26 am »

Finally I have some time to post new screenshots and share some great news. We're aiming to release the game at the end of October. Exciting times ahead! It has been a lot of work to get the game this far, finally the game is performing and running without major issues.

Really hoping the release will go much smoother this time compared to that of the release of Battlevoid: Harbinger. It's looking promising.

Enjoy the latest screenshots, we love lasers!

Guardian forces meets human forces.

Battlestation under attack by a Celestial destroyer and heavy carrier.

Explosion on impact! Laser beam cutting through a celestial heavy carrier.

Two celestial ships attacking the human Battlestation. Who will win?

Human fleet moving in for attack.

Posting a teaser trailer soon! Stay tuned.

Subscribe here below to be notified when the game is released!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 08:50:34 am »

Hee :3 I love this so much,that I'm happy in seeing all the activity being poured into it!

...Problem being my bloody time schedule :I If I had seen this thread earlier I'd be posting and cheering more.

Cheers there AdmiralGeezer :) I'm really hoping the release will be smoothened out. As I see it, currently seems pretty great \o/

AdmiralGeezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2017, 07:37:03 am »

Teaser trailer is out, and we have a release date set at October 25th!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neU5X6rUJsk

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2017, 11:55:14 am »

After playing it for a couple of hours, I must say the largest problem in the game is the lack of variety in maps. Enemies offer variety and I like the random events that spawn other factions in the fight. Maybe there should be even more events. Unfortunately the maps seem all the same. It would be more interesting if the regions of the galaxy were split in territories with different types of maps.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 12:13:18 pm »

After playing it for a couple of hours, I must say the largest problem in the game is the lack of variety in maps. Enemies offer variety and I like the random events that spawn other factions in the fight. Maybe there should be even more events. Unfortunately the maps seem all the same. It would be more interesting if the regions of the galaxy were split in territories with different types of maps.

If there's a way to create environmental hazards, say a zone that helps/hinders ships, affecting shield strength/ship speed/weapons damage. IDK if it's capable within the game's engine, but I would imagine you would be able to create a coordinate-space in maps that give modifiers to ships inside; I guess I would just have coordinates of the ship being checked all the time (I think that's relatively low resource since it's only two floats(?)) I'm sure the programming team knows a better solution than mine, and there are certainly at least five different examples available on the internet.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2017, 12:15:55 pm »

The game already has random elements that create a black hole in the map or an asteroid hazard or the like. But it is different from what I meant; I meant the basic map layout. It is always just a bunch of asteroids you can claim for resources and a battle station and the ends of the map. That gets old. It would be fun if you sometimes fought on the orbit of a gas giant with different effects from being on outer limits of a solar system or near a star giving out flares or the like.