Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Junon.io - Multiplayer Space Colony Game  (Read 2409 times)

simpleyuji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Junon.io - Multiplayer Space Colony Game
« on: June 19, 2020, 04:04:04 pm »

About

I've been working on a multiplayer focused space-station survival game for the past 1.5 years. In the game, you land in an asteroid and your goal is to mine resources, build your base, and defend against hostiles. Needs such as food, oxygen, and stamina has to be satisfied, and resources such as power, fuel, and ore supply has to be managed. You control a single character, and the focus is on collaborating with other online players. Later on, you can buy bots/slaves and they can automate tasks such as cooking, farming, refilling turret ammo, etc.

You can try the game using the link below. Let me know what you guys think. Any feedback is appreciated. There's definitely a lot of room for improvement, especially when it comes to multiplayer interaction. I want more cross-world visits/interaction/collaboration and more diversity of events and challenge. I'll be adding PvP to the game soon. Hopefully it'll make things a little more exciting.

Website
https://junon.io

Discord
https://discord.com/invite/T6rPXtw

Future Plans
  • Adding PVP
  • Bosses + more enemies
  • More weapons (rockets, lightsabers)
  • Events (solar flare, infection, meteor shower, nuclear fallout)
  • Breeding pets
  • More resources (nuclear/uranium/radiation/meteorite)
  • NPC visitors who'll pay for accomodation/entertainment
  • Slave Skills + Training + Combat
  • Happiness/Culture (maybe a global attriute instead of per citizen)
  • Custom Games

Screenshots

room with ATM, vending machine and some nice light display

base entrance with turrets guarding and solar panels on the side

rail tram system that can transport player and mobs

in the room, there are 2 alien slaves + 1 cleanbot + 2 slimes

Just burning some corpses using a lighter

the slaves would automatically plant seeds, water plants, and harvest crops for you

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Junon.io - Multiplayer Space Colony Game
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2020, 10:55:53 pm »

Looks like SS13 meets Rimworld. Interesting! Will give it a try later.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2020, 11:01:05 pm »

Hey this is pretty fun! The map is larger than I first realized, and the mechanics are light enough that it's not a chore to gather resources. I would love a mode where there are two teams spawned at opposite sides of the starfield, and you had to mine and build before setting out to loot resources and fight the enemy players.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2020, 07:10:38 am »

Looks interesting Post To Watch.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

simpleyuji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2020, 09:07:38 am »

Hey this is pretty fun! The map is larger than I first realized, and the mechanics are light enough that it's not a chore to gather resources. I would love a mode where there are two teams spawned at opposite sides of the starfield, and you had to mine and build before setting out to loot resources and fight the enemy players.

Sounds like a starcraft 1v1 match haha. It sounds interesting, although not sure whether the game is quite balanced for that yet. But I think it might be something worth experimenting in future.

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2020, 03:08:39 pm »

p2w. very neat! I'm promoting this in the various SS13 communities I'm part of right now.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 12:34:51 am »

This seems like a less cancerous and more mechanical version of SS13. I'll try it out.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

simpleyuji

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2020, 09:14:13 pm »

So i've finally added a PvP mode to the game. You basically spawn in a 512x512 tile map, and you fight against other players while building your base. You can team up with other players and use weapons such as turrets, grenades, shotgun, assault rifle, flamethrower, etc to raid your opponents. You do have to make sure that you have enough food/stamina/oxygen while doing all those. Here are some screenshots in game. Right now, the winning strategy seem to rely heavily on pure combat. It'll be nice if there are alternative ways of sabotage such as virus infections, natural disasters, espionage :D

« Last Edit: July 21, 2020, 09:19:15 pm by simpleyuji »