Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17

Author Topic: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous CRPG  (Read 35759 times)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker CRPG
« Reply #120 on: October 21, 2018, 09:42:23 am »

Does Freedom of Movement protect you from them?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 21, 2018, 09:53:14 am »

No freedom of movement potions that I could see... and as far as I can tell none of my wizards or priests have that.

In the end I managed to do this by makinh my frontliners drink heroism potions (which improve saves), bringing my two priests to summon undead meatshields (in the case of one of them it should go against their religion), bumrushing the Silky, and then throwing bombs at the doomspider till dead. Still I ended up with 4 KO chsrs and one in death's door.
This was not a "tactically difficult" fight. There was little enough in tactics. This was simply an stupidly out of depth encounter that I sorted by spending more than 2000 GPs on materiel.

Then again, you could argue that I wasnt doing too much with my gold, I have a stock of 12000, and I got reimbursed with 3000gp after the fight so.. mrhm
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 21, 2018, 10:03:23 am »

Freedom of Movement is a fourth level cleric spell. There is a heavy mace that grants it as a constant effect. It is nice. I don't remember that fight though, maybe you are at lower level.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 21, 2018, 10:25:24 am »

I think Chairman means the first "boss" battle at Baldtop Hill. Like he said, it's not a tactical challenge, just a matter of whether you save against her spells or not. If she gets your weak-Willed frontliners Held then the Doomspider chops them down fairly quickly.

I remember I had trouble defeating her on my first play through. It went fairly quickly on my second, with just the ordinary buffing of my party (Linzi Courage-song plus cleric casting Bless).
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 21, 2018, 10:42:45 am »

Ah shit. I totally forgot about linzi's song (because while I like the concept of a jack of all trades char, I hate that it's bards, and I hate the stupid songs).
Anyhow, heroism plus bless did the same, albeit in a more expensive fashion

I keep having this feeling that I dont quite like this game in its current state... holding up for ck2 hf.

I might actually shelve it and move onto oxygen not included. Or battletech, even. I heard they patched in a new mode which spares you the asinine story

*edit: yep, giant trolls from nowhere who have tremendous HP, and keep spawning in odd places, sometimes five at once. ... yeah I'm shelving this game for now
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:21:06 pm by ChairmanPoo »
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 21, 2018, 03:28:06 pm »

I seem to have hit a wall. In the Season of the Bloom quest, where you have to put a specific item in a container and then use a nearby object. Instead of actually progressing, I get a consistent bug where I either get a unity-error that throws me back to the main menu, or a crash. It says something along the lines of a transform error.

Another bug in the same area, if I use the object before putting the item in the container, almost all the selectable objects in the area are no longer selectable. Including the quest-related container.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 03:29:41 pm by BlackFlyme »

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 21, 2018, 05:11:21 pm »

Weird, I played through that area in 1.07 without problems. I think the newest patch is 1.0.10 or something. Are you playing Linux version, I've heard it lags behind in patches? If not and you are up to date, you should report it, sounds like a new bug.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2018, 05:43:34 pm »

I'm on Windows, with patch 1.0.10b, according to the title screen.

I restarted my computer, and tried it again, and now it seems to work.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2018, 07:41:43 am »

A question for the other Magi out there : is it normal that I could only pick the "extra arcane pool" feat 3 times ? I don't get it as a choice anymore.

By the way, in my book Magus is the most powerful caster by far : at lvl 11, with Improved spell recall and a pool of 16, I can cast level 3 spells 21 times in a single day if I spend my whole arcane pool on that. That's 21 fireballs a day! For comparison, a Wizard with the same Int and level as me would only get 5 fireballs per day and a sorcerer would get 7 (with equivalent Cha as Int).

What's more, I don't even need to sleep to change my spell slots. And I can also choose to spend my arcane points on a range of temporary weapon enhancements, to adapt to my current enemy. Crazy versatility.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2018, 10:17:59 am »

The problem is that you probably don't need 21 fireballs a day, and the wizard is casting a handful of level 6 spells by then.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2018, 12:14:22 pm »

21 Shocking Grasps a day sounds good though
Love, scriver~

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 22, 2018, 12:44:42 pm »

21 Shocking Grasps a day sounds good though
Jesus, 21? My best was 11, and that was as a teenager!

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 22, 2018, 01:24:32 pm »

My Magus would probably be spending those points on extra Mirror Images, if he weren't an Eldritch Scion and actually had the spell recall ability in the first place.  For my game that spell has turned into the main factor in deciding whether it's time for the party to rest or not.

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 22, 2018, 07:11:40 pm »

Soo... I'm having my first military problem crop up, and I don't have a General to solve it.

Right now, my only available party members are Tristian (only character that I like so far) and Linzi (couldn't get rid of her). I'm playing solo, so I didn't feel like keeping a bunch of drama queens around, basically.

Also, in the coronation, I picked Lander as an envoy, he seemed more interesting than the alternatives.

Problem : after a quick online search, it seems that I am now missing all possible candidates for the General advisor position (Amiri, Regongar and Kassil Aldori).

Am I 100% screwed and need to restart the game, or is there a way out of this ?

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 22, 2018, 07:51:40 pm »

You could just like fail the problem, couldn't you? If it isn't one of those "do this or the game ends" problems that the game hints about existing, then it doesn't really matter too much?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 17