Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17

Author Topic: Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous CRPG  (Read 35751 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Pathfinder: Kingmaker CRPG
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2018, 08:25:49 pm »

If you manage to beat the Stag Lord and return to Restov within a month, you get a fancy sword.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, Amiri bugged out on me. She has two portraits, and is invisible and uncontrollable.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2018, 11:07:17 pm »

I now find myself stuck at the newest difficulty wall in the game... where to place my village?

I mean, I get the feeling it doesn't matter, but it's gotta look good and be reasonable, y'know?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2018, 12:44:07 am »

is there any list of which weapons work with finesse?
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2018, 01:24:30 am »

Partial list, since I'm cutting out things I'm pretty sure aren't in the game, so it might be missing things or weapons that aren't in the game are on the list:

Dagger
Punching Dagger
Light Mace
Sickle
Kukri
Light Hammer
Handaxe
Light Pick
Light Shield
Starknife
Short Sword
Kama
Elven Curve Blade
Rapier

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2018, 09:16:51 am »

Yeah I got that spell selection thing too. Happened with 1.04.

Ok so its not just me
I am hesitating between an alchemist, an archeologist, and a sorcerer. Thlughts?

Magus
Spell scion?

Yes!
I'm not 100% happy with spell scion due to overlap with the orc guy. But I kind of want my pc to be a caster with good persuasion, if possible char based spellcasting. And while I would like to play feyspeaker, alignment restrictions  are a pain in the ass (mostly because I like how it was done in P: Torment, where you start off as neutral and your actions speak for you. Having to metagame your roleplay in order for your char to be playable is frustrating..  even if in practice your alignment wont shift enough to matter).  I dunno to what extent I find sorcerer/wiz to be a better alternative to a magus.  I dont want a priest. I'd consider an inquisitor but you already have Jaethal, who has a fascinating background history.

I'd kind of like an alchemist... but I find the early game frustrating. Particularily if you dont minmax
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2018, 09:25:19 am »

I shoved Orc guy into a corner as soon as I saw he dared to infringe on my identity-space by having the same class as me. If I'm lucky I'll get a chance to sell the worthless copycat back into slavery sometime in the future, a fitting punishment for his crimes.
Love, scriver~

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2018, 09:55:22 am »

... yes! you do understand me!

stupid orcish guy... wait till I find the next Technic league rep.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2018, 02:05:34 pm »

I've been really enjoying this--taking a few days off until 1.06 is fixed (all boni and mali become cumulative, including things never meant to stack+e.g. cloak of the wolf giving you another bite attack at +1d6 every time you put it on.)

I am in chapter 3 with a Sword Saint and I am having a blast--my team I leveled with zero regard for what the game designers intended, lots of vivisectionist dips everywhere and a bunch on animal companions (I went with mastadon for style)

Some encounters are questionably designed, but it is closer to BG I than any game in recent memory, and props to the indy dev studio that cranks out anything this ambitious!
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2018, 02:28:45 pm »

ve been really enjoying this--taking a few days off until 1.06 is fixed (all boni and mali become cumulative, including things never meant to stack+e.g. cloak of the wolf giving you another bite attack at +1d6 every time you put it on.)
Sweet jebus how can this game be so buggy????  ??? :o

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2018, 02:31:28 pm »

ve been really enjoying this--taking a few days off until 1.06 is fixed (all boni and mali become cumulative, including things never meant to stack+e.g. cloak of the wolf giving you another bite attack at +1d6 every time you put it on.)

The project is enormously ambitious and introducing fixes as fast as they can, instead of taking a month for a full fix release, because such a month would murder their reviews and fanbase and probably the whole studio by extension.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2018, 03:10:19 pm »

The project is enormously ambitious and introducing fixes as fast as they can, instead of taking a month for a full fix release, because such a month would murder their reviews and fanbase and probably the whole studio by extension.

It seems from reviews and comments that a bunch of these bugs were also noticed during beta.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2018, 03:35:13 pm »

I do get the feeling that for all practical intents and purposes this is early access. I mean it's obviously good that they provide quick support, but it doesnt't withdraw from the state being very buggy...

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2018, 01:26:52 am »

Honestly, their support and the number of bugs sort of makes sense. They released a game with 100+ hours of content with a small team. Of course there are bugs, but they are also doing their level best to fix them as quickly as humanly possible.

As for the game being released in a 'beta' state... welcome to the last ten+ years. Nothing is released in good quality anymore. At least it isn't another mediocre AAA title that costs $70 and lasts 20 hours...

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2018, 03:54:25 am »

While the game is extremely buggy, at least it is getting fixed constantly. This is a jarring difference to, say, Creative Assemble and Warhammer Total War, where bugs are only fixed when a paid DLC comes out. And where quite critical bugs (like the reinforcement bug) have stayed in the game for literally years. 

If you are unfamiliar with the game, reinforcement bug means that reinforcements entering battle come from random direction instead of the direction they should. So, say, you are besieging a city and you are attacked by an enemy army from the north, with the city to the south. So you expect the enemy garrison to sally forth from the south to join the battle. Instead the garrison comes from the west or the north, wtf? This happens all the time. Sometimes it can be an advantage to you (your reinforcements mysteriously teleport behind the enemy battleline), but it is still infuriating.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2018, 11:38:01 am »

So I no longer have councilor.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Is there a way to get a new one? In general, I find having only one option for some positions very annoying. I'd even say it is shitty game design. I trawled online and it seems if I had picked a different envoy in the beginning, I'd have a second councilor option. However, the young noble I picked only takes the regent slot and no others.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 17