Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I made a Fire Emblem: Awakening marriage calculator program!  (Read 5075 times)

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile

Have you ever played Fire Emblem: Awakening and wrestled with the one question that everyone has?
"Who do I marry to whom to get the best second-generation characters"  :o
Me too! So I wrote a program to answer that exact question. You tell it what classes / skills / stats you want the kids to have, and it'll tell you which pairs of parents will produce children that have all those things.

The first screen is a marriage organizer. Drag and drop the father characters around to marry them off. You can right-click units and it'll tell you their stat growths, stat caps, and available classes. It'll even calculate the stats and classes for children characters, if their parents are married.

If you hit any key on your keyboard (except escape, which closes the program), it'll take you to the spreadsheet part of the program.
From here, you can click the buttons at the bottom to add a "heuristic" you want to search for: What class you want a child to be able to reclass into, what skills you want them to have available (including skills passed on from parents), what (minimum) growth rate you want them to have in a certain stat, or what (minimum) stat cap modifier you want them to have in a certain stat.
You'll have to represent each heuristic with a letter. Just type it in while you're in one of the "Add a Heuristic" screens. Since the class and skill lists are huge, the letter you have picked to represent the heuristic will highlight classes or skills that start with the same letter, so you can use it to search for what you want faster.

So if I wanted to know which marriage pairs would have children with, for example, access to the Barbarian class and the Galeforce skill?
These ones.

If you marry some characters together in the organizer screen, you can choose to cross their rows / columns out on the spreadsheet screen, or remove them entirely to reduce visual clutter.

I'm thinking of making a quick Youtube video illustrating how to use the program, but for now, here's the download links.
OLD LINKS REDACTED
EDIT: Whoops, forgot to include some folders that it needs to run. Here we go.
Windows x64: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6h0rqaq3sgzs0di/Matchmaker_win64.zip
Windows x32: http://www.mediafire.com/file/psy1q6tcc0bxdk8/Matchmaker_win32.zip

Tell me what you think! Or if you find any bugs.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 12:28:36 am by Shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!