Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Titanium and furniture coloring?  (Read 2900 times)

Alkmayix

• Bay Watcher
  • God Red Mage
    • View Profile
Re: Titanium and furniture coloring?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 11:57:54 pm »

Well I tried to dye some things and it doesn't seem to work like the information the manual provides :( You need the item you want to dye, the dye itself and apparently a "mushroom powder containing item" Not sure what it wants there so I've not been able to try the embroidery to embroider say a bed. I figure the item and dye was what it wanted until I tried....drat I can't have a shiny bed with blue accents sewn in or something else right now it seems...can't find anything on that powder either so I'm a bit stumped with what it's wanting besides the dye...unless mushrooms can be milled into a powder?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 10:41:01 am »

the containing item would be the bag holding the dye... the dye is a powder made from a plant.  other than that I can't help you there right now, don't have access to raws.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Alkmayix

• Bay Watcher
  • God Red Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 11:20:02 am »

the containing item would be the bag holding the dye... the dye is a powder made from a plant.  other than that I can't help you there right now, don't have access to raws.

I thought it was that but it wasn't as I have bags of dye and they are listed as dye not a mushroom powder which had me for a loop. I'll post a screenie of it to at least show that. Colored powders are the dye themselves I found out.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 03:04:08 pm »

well it doesn't surprise me another bug to squash... I'lll look into this weekend.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Alkmayix

• Bay Watcher
  • God Red Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2017, 12:32:29 am »

well it doesn't surprise me another bug to squash... I'lll look into this weekend.

Just curious did you figure this out yet by chance? Was hoping to dye stuff without this issue, can't seem to dye thread at all but I have seen traders with that too, though idk if that's actually how that works in regards to thread. Would be neat to say have a black cloth bed with decorative stitches done in say...blue but still cannot get this dying stuff to work yet.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2017, 03:22:03 am »

I apologize I have family who come in during the summer, and it makes it hard to sit down and read through and test the raws...  Its on my to do list, just not immediate.  Basically consider it my summer vacation.  a small hiatus considering my break neck pace... additionally if anyone else solves the issue and sends me the fix, I'll post it, but the updates over the next 6 weeks or so will be mostly whatever the community provides.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Alkmayix

• Bay Watcher
  • God Red Mage
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2017, 04:08:51 am »

I apologize I have family who come in during the summer, and it makes it hard to sit down and read through and test the raws...  Its on my to do list, just not immediate.  Basically consider it my summer vacation.  a small hiatus considering my break neck pace... additionally if anyone else solves the issue and sends me the fix, I'll post it, but the updates over the next 6 weeks or so will be mostly whatever the community provides.

Oh no that's fine I was just curious if you maybe had some ideas as to what was going on or whatever. You and the others working on this have been working really hard, Meph especially since he/she started this with the original masterwork. I'm not saying you've done less work by any means; keep up the good work and enjoy your well earned break.
Pages: 1 [2]