Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Culture Shock: New Idea! (Not sure if this should be in Mod Releases...)  (Read 2369 times)

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile

My new idea is race expansion packs. Effectively, these would be files that you could add into your DF game along with the base mod of Culture Shock.

These files would have:
  • 1 or 2 creature files for the civs.
  • 1 or 2 entity files.
  • More weapons and armor files, maybe.

Ideas for races in packs:
1. A Fantasy Counterpart Culture to China or Japan. (Fantasy Counterpart Culture link for those who do not know: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FantasyCounterpartCulture)

2. Civilized gnomes with technological wonders for weaponry and the like.

3. Some sort of angelic people to mirror the Hellspawn (which are to be removed and worked on, then put into the same pack as these angelic folk.

4. The Earthbound, remnants of an ancient empire of Sky Elves (A fanciful race only seen in engravings that will appear in the next update.)

So...
What do you think of this idea?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 06:54:04 pm by Asin »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Culture Shock: New Idea! (Not sure if this should be in Mod Releases...)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 12:31:28 pm »

Hello?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 08:32:59 pm »

Just a suggestion, but you might want to just put this in your mod thread. Anyone interested will get a notification that the thread's been updated, and anyone not interested still isn't. 10 years from now any interesting ideas raised in this thread (and others) will be scattered throughout the forum instead of in one simple to search thread.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:29:48 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Asin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 08:57:06 pm »

Just a suggestion, but you might want to just put this in
your mod thread. Anyone interested will get a notification that the thread's been updated, and anyone not interested still isn't. 10 years from now any interesting ideas raised in this thread (and others) will be scattered throughout the forum instead of in one simple to search thread.

Ah, thanks for the tip.

sethtnt

• Bay Watcher
  • Who knows
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 03:56:28 pm »

The idea of adding expansion packs that players can pick and choose from is brilliant (Not sure why nobody has thought of this before.) I would recommend having themed expansions like you seem to be doing, the heaven and hell expansion (Just what I'm calling it for now), adding other genre's would mean that players who like certain things in the mod don't have to also get the things they don't like. The only issue may be if for example somebody wants to get a large amount or all (Totally would be me) of the expansions. I would also recommend having having the packs and then also having larger packs that have more of the smaller packs packaged in it, in ways that they complement each other without having the same themes. (^I may have explained this badly or misinterpreted what you are saying, so sorry if I got the wrong idea XD)
*Dwarf Magic*
*Elf Magic*
*[insert relevant word here] Magic*