Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Our Glory Eternal (Fallen Empire SG)  (Read 4454 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Our Glory Eternal (Fallen Empire SG)
« on: June 10, 2017, 10:32:47 am »

Our Glory is Eternal.

Our Empire has stood for eons. Thousands of years, our ships first crossed the galaxy. We have seen all worlds and all stars. We saw the birthplaces of Empires before they arose, we saw their ashes after they fell. We have seen war rage across the galaxy, and ended by mere presence alone. Our scientists have discovered all there is too know, our engineers have build wonders unparalleled by any other species. Our fleets are undefeatable, each ship the equal of whole navies from lesser civilizations. Our factories can create anything we desire. Our scientists manipulate the very fabric of space itself.

Through the galaxy, we're know, in myths and tales as old as many civilizations. Their tales have been fragmented by age and confused by their imperfect memories, but yet they speak of us. They have given us many names, and many titles, but at it's core there's only thing. We're know by what we are, and they know us as :

A : Holy Guardians
B : The Keepers of Knowledge
C : The Militant Isolationists
D : Enigmatic observers
E :  Decadent Hierarchy
F :  Wayward Traders
G : The Honorbound Warriors
H : Serene Starfarers
I  : Ancient Consciousness

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Hetalaxian Empire (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:40:25 am by 10ebbor10 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Our Glory Eternal (Fallen Empire SG)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 02:07:25 pm »

G : The Honorbound Warriors

Edit: actually lets look at whats on offer

Holy Guardians = Fanatic Spiritualists
Keepers of Knowledge = Fanatic Materialist
Militant Isolationists = Fanatic Xenophobes
Enigmatic Observers = Fanatic Xenophiles?
Decadent Hierarchy = Fanatic Authoritarians?
Wayward Traders = Fanatic Egalitarians?
Honorbound Warriors = Fanatic Militants
Serene Starfarers = Fanatic Pacifists?
Ancienet Consciousness = Hive Mind

« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 02:14:46 pm by Ghazkull »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 02:10:19 pm »

H:  The Serene Starfarers.  I like the idea of a nomadic Fallen Empire.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 02:19:03 pm »

I

We the ancient one, alone, unstoppable.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2017, 02:57:31 pm »

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2017, 10:25:18 pm »

I

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2017, 03:54:47 am »

G : II
I :II
H : I
Tiebreaker : G

In tales and legend, you're spoken of as the honor bound warriors. You see glory in combat, exemplifying your excellence through martial prowess. Your armies are strong, and your fleets are numerous. They stand ready for glorious warfare. But there's only honor in the fight against a worthy foe, as to fight against weaklings and newborn races is below you. A foe that can not or will not defend themselves is beneath your attention, not even worth your disrespect.

It has been a very long time since there's been a worthy challenge. Occasionally, you send out a small fleet to test the strongest of the younger races, but they rarely rise to the challenge. Until a worthy foe arises, your fleets will languish in their ports, and your soldiers rest in their barracks.

But there's more besides war. Your empire has achieved many great things, worthy of legend in their own rights. It's these accomplishments that grant you your superiority over the lesser races, and that allow your fleets to dominate so thoroughly in war. They are many and varied, and some have even been lost to time, but the greatest are still visible to all.

Select 4 :

A : Mastery of Flesh : The shackles of evolution bind you no more. You have total control over your form, and that of others. (Counts as 2 options)
B : Synthetic Ascension : The flesh is weak and fragile. Machine bodies and machine minds will replace them. (Counts as 2 options)
C : Psionic Transcendence : It is not the body, but the mind that is weak. Ascend, and see the truth behind existence (Counts as 2 options)
D : Defenders of the Galaxy : Sinister Powers of unimaginable power hide in the void between galaxies. You fought them once, but they'll be back.
E : World Shapers : You have crafted worlds into pearls of pure perfection, every aspect to your design
F : Master Builders : You are experts in construction, enriching your empires with artificial planets and massive wonders encompassing entire stars.
G : Hidden Armada : A massive armade was prepared in ancient times, and lies preserved on a number of shielded worlds
H : Void Titans : A single ship the size of an entire fleet, capable of destroying entire empires by itself.
I : Technological Mastery : Field Manipulation You can manipulate the very fabric of space; shielding vessels from harm and allowing them to jump through space
J : Technological Mastery : Particles You can unleash incredible powers, both as beams of destruction and to power your vessels
K : Technological Mastery : Military Theory Your military prowess is unmatched, every commander a tactical genious
L : Technological Mastery : Statecraft Your knowledge allows you to manipulate lesser nations with terrible ease
M : Technological Mastery : Materials You can create materials that should not be, making your ships impenetrable, and your shots unstoppable
N: Technological Mastery : Rocketry Your knowledge of propulsion ensures your vessels will not be caught, and your enemies will not escape
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 02:34:55 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2017, 08:11:33 am »

A Mastery of the Flesh
K Military Theory - because its not just about our incredible ships or gene-engineered warriors, a true warrior can defeat the enemy without suffering a single loss
M Materials - because it can make ships impenetrable, shots unstoppable and probably can also be extremely light weight, making it a combination of N,J and to some degree I

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2017, 08:41:55 am »

D,F,H,K
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2017, 09:36:30 am »

A Mastery of the Flesh
K Military Theory - because its not just about our incredible ships or gene-engineered warriors, a true warrior can defeat the enemy without suffering a single loss
M Materials - because it can make ships impenetrable, shots unstoppable and probably can also be extremely light weight, making it a combination of N,J and to some degree I
+1
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2017, 09:37:09 am »

B, H, K, I
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2017, 10:06:37 am »

D - Defenders of the Galaxy
K - Military Theory
I - Materials
F - Master Builders
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2017, 10:31:26 am »

if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2017, 12:02:31 pm »

D - Defenders of the galaxy
H - Void Titans
I - Field manipulation
I(?) - Materials

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2017, 01:42:19 pm »

B : Synthetic Ascension
D : Defenders of the Galaxy
K : Technological Mastery : Military Theory

It would be terrible if our immortal Creed+ level ship-AI-folk got bored.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4