Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Titans of the Ember realm IC (TURN 2)  (Read 1359 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Titans of the Ember realm IC (TURN 2)
« on: June 12, 2017, 07:30:14 pm »

Into the "New" Realm, eight Sparks, Eight tiny embers fell from above...
The First to land Burnt of Fate, and formed the Titan Clay.
The Second Blazed of Chaos, and twisted into Euzaruoch.
The Third Grew into The Crawling Mass, And was Formed of Balance.
The Forth Was again of Chaos, and made Rust.
The Fifth was of Order, and created The Perfect Record.
The Sixth was Split of the same, and made Assembly.
The Seventh Bore more Balance, and forged Balanos.
The final Spark, was again of Balance, and grew into Súly.
Upon this World, No other things Clung to life, And from this world they would build all they desired...

Spoiler: A Map of the world (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Features of the world (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Titans (click to show/hide)
LINK TO OOC
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:09:08 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Titans of the Ember realm IC (TURN 1)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 02:35:26 am »

The Crawling Mass

A gurgling chaotic noise can be heard, from below, gradually changing in pitch and tone until thoughts and concepts can be heard, then a single voice emerges.

Well met, other who are not part of me, I crawl below.  My purpose is to create life on this barren ground, to grow and change and create.

With that, parts of the crawling mass begin to break off, thick ropes that struggle towards the surface, breaking into smaller parts until they are alone and breach the surface.  The small black worms crawl along for a bit then die, splitting open and revealing a mass of strange tube like organs.  Some move, twist and plunge back into the earth, drawing minerals and water out, others stretch, grow and reach out towards the sky.  Soon great wing-feather like fronds grow from each, sucking in the sunlight of the surface for nourishment.  Then each individual changes color, red, blue, green, yellow, orange, purple, brown, teal.  And begins to die, cut off from vital resources used in their growth.

They remember the others and reach out, through the ground, linking up into a network that shares the chemicals the others can not produce.  The mind-link and minds are gone, but instinct creates cooperation.  They grow and flourish and change and compete.  Some grow great, blocking out the light from others, some create hostile tubes, sucking out the nutrients from others.  Acids and toxins are produced, poisoning the ground and forcing out competitors.  Soon in each patch a single type is dominant and can produce new versions of itself.  Then it dies back, lacking the means to support itself.

This continues onward and outwards, cooperation, growth, change, conflict, dominance, reproduction, death.  The land around the great lake has small frond growths, some areas with great larger ones, and others with dead patches where the competition reached it's climax.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A good base life form to build on.  Ordered conflict.  Chaotic cooperation.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 02:39:09 am by VoidSlayer »

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 02:49:08 am »

Out of thin air, several wisps of a ghostly blue flames appear. These flames, in time, start to close the gap between them. Once finished, the fire amplifies in size and manifests as the endless blaze Euzaruoch.

"..."

Euzaruoch says nothing, but does put one fiery knee to the ground. He drags a single finger across the ground beneath him, observing the embers that stick behind and slowly but surely burn out. "From dirt... to stone... to life."

Strike the ground with a spray of chaotic fire, making an effort to twist the dirt into a more malleable form before transmuting it into a statue of a rocky humanoid figure roughly 6 feet tall, with two holes in the face where eye sockets would be. Fill these with some of my flames, imbuing the statues with movement and letting the fire burn indefinitely inside their hollow earthen skull. If I can, use additional resources to make as many of these animate effigies as possible.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 06:42:50 am »

The record existed. In previous moments it had existed elsewhere. And in future moments it will exist elsewhere. In this moment though it existed hanging in the frozen air hundreds of feet above the peak of the northern mountain. The record observed the mountain, a seemly useless and impossible task for an object with no sensory organs, but observe it it did. And thus, as this observation took place, the mountain changed. One moment what was simply a windswept pinnacle of ice and rock jutting from the word. In the next moment a great fortress build directly into the side of the mountain existed. A grand staircase hewn directly into the stone traveled from the valleys up the mountain, terminating near the peak in a gigantic stone gate set into a sturdy rock wall that surrounded in a half ring the magnificent stone keep built almost at the top of the mountain. Although impressive enough as fortresses built into a remote mountainside go, the inside of the keep was the true marvel of this place. The passages of the keep sloped down and around, deep into the heart of the mountain. A massive three dimensional catacomb of tunnels, rooms and semi-natural caves the size of a large city riddled throughout the heart of the mountain. Names for this place might change with time and cultures, but for now the only being that knew of it, the Record itself, thought of it as "The Library." And with that, the record no longer existed above the mountain. It's presence no longer required.

Create the Library. A massive collection of tunnels and rooms set within the northern mountain. Accessible via a fortress near the peak of the mountain.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 07:41:56 am »

Súly comes down from the sky
There shall be the pray and predators
Creates basic ocean lifeforms from algea to sharks
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 08:10:26 am »

Ha Ha Ha Ha... Rust, Rust, Rust. Turn Everything into dust! ♪♫♬
Dust, Dust, Dust. Turn everything into rust! ♪♫♬

Ahhhhh!!!! It Burns!!!!
Rust shouts as he touches the water I need somewhere safe from this blue disease.

Rust appears on the small desert island and using his power starts moving it to the center between all the four continents.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 04:30:47 am »

Create a sealed cave system underneath the north ocean. Lowering the entropy of the caves, and begin creating.

Create 20 identical small beings akin to myself, but who survive by sucking a tiny amount of energy from the area around them. They are like spheres of incredibly dense dust in appearance, with a glow at the center. Anything that comes near encounters a force exerting a push away from the creatures. They are my servants. Give them the ability to change over time, their abilities and memories diverging.

Create ten giant humanoid statues made of icy rock, with a hollow space in their chests lined with tungsten (I assume we have the same elements as normal?). Give the statues to ten of my servant-beings to take up residence in the tungsten-lined cavity and control the statues. These ten will now be my champions against the works (or anti-works) of Chaos.

After the statues, create as many servants as I still can.

Leaving my champions sealed in the hidden cave, go to the Library's fortress with two of my non-enstatued servants.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 11:38:57 pm by Eschar »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 05:35:47 am »

On each island, create a pool of magically infused clay. People using this clay are in for a suprise as the clay has its on sentient will and does not want to be formed into just anything

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Titans of the Ember realm IC (TURN 2)
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 02:08:45 am »

The First to act, was the Crawling mass, Who spread the first form of True life upon the world, Simple in form, Complex in function it Spread easily upon the world. (-100CE / +330 Hexagonal miles of Fronds)

The Second, Was Euzaruoch, Who made men of stone, and gave them life from his own body. In effect, Creating the first sapient life. Though this was at a price: he used part of himself in their creation. (-100CE / -25BE / +5 Immortal, Smart, Earthen beings)

The Third to act was the Record, Who took the mountain in the north, and carved a fortress into the side with but a thought, unlike the creation of life, the movement of the earth in the now perfectly carved fortress was much easier. (-10CE / The Library has been made)

Súly Works next, forming in the sea (Roll for Recognizability:52) Plants, which feed upon the sun's light, Massive creatures capable of living in the depths of the endless ocean, And Fish of many types. (-100CE / Many fish were made in the sea, Some less generic than others)

Rust acts upon the world, he Tears the singular desert island up by its roots and Drops it in the center of the world’s ocean. (-5 / Island moved)

Assembly acted next, forming An empty cave under the sea he set to work, he created his servants, 20 creatures capable of changing with time, and 31/2th of the stone statues he intended to create for them. (-100CE, Price breakdown: 100 - (10 +20*1+0X +20*10) / +1 Sealed Cave system to the north / +20 Nameless, Adaptive, Servants / 3 and a half stone golem statues lined with Tungsten)

And the final Titan to act was the first to appear: Clay, who Spread magical Clay upon each island continent, Bending the rules only slightly for it to work. (-40CE / +magical, Sentient, Clay)

And with a Crack, the single titan to not move broke, Striking off the still cooling ashes and forming two new Titans, less powerful though that was for them being formed of lesser materials....

Spoiler: Titans (click to show/hide)
LINK TO OOC
Everything which has been made.
Spoiler: MAP (click to show/hide)
[/spoiler]
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2017, 02:55:19 am »

use the clay to create a being known as the Potterer. The Potterer is an immortal humanoid being that is reforming itself on will. It needs no food but it can dehydrate becoming a statue. If rehydrated it can move again. Just like its body it can also reform its personality though its permanent trait is the will to create further clay figurines and sculptures. It lives and is created on the southeastern island

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2017, 03:04:00 am »

"Spread these embers far and wide, and when you feel the heat of the Blaze, remember your Father."

Give that commandment to the 5 golems. They should attempt construction of a temple or some place of worship and revere me. In turn, I will protect them from threats to their kind. Help them in constructing an Eternal Pyre, where a small ember of mine shall be tended to burn forever by the golems. From that fire they may harness a fragment of my chaotic fire and spread it to other places as a form of worship.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2017, 06:59:18 am »

"...well, I have no idea where I am, nor where or what everything else is. Time to remedy that."
Travel far and wide, discovering all there is to discover in this world at the present moment in time.

(In terms of what this should accomplish, well, every titan and civilization should be encountering me this turn.)

[EDIT: When I encounter Rust, attempt to harvest their power when they, well, rust away.]
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 05:24:29 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2017, 07:50:17 am »

Now,there are in the sea,time for the land
Creates vermin on every island
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2017, 05:21:52 pm »

Place a creature like my servants on a random island; it has not the knowledge or power of my servants but appears (now) the same way. Make sure it is sapient and has its own mind. Give it the ability to create others of its kind and communicate with them. Let them form their own bodies from matter around them.
Communicate to it the history of the world so far.

((Hopefully they will with time become a society.))
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 04:38:24 pm by Eschar »