Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Our Glory Eternal (Fallen Empire SG)  (Read 4460 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Our Glory Eternal (Fallen Empire SG)
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2017, 02:35:35 pm »

Heh, whoops.

I fixed the alphabet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 07:41:08 am »

A 2
B 3
D 4
F 2
H 4
I 3
K 7
M 4

D : Defenders of the Galaxy : Sinister Powers of unimaginable power hide in the void between galaxies. You fought them once, but they'll be back.
H : Void Titans : A single ship the size of an entire fleet, capable of destroying entire empires by itself.
K : Technological Mastery : Military Theory Your military prowess is unmatched, every commander a tactical genius
M : Technological Mastery : Materials You can create materials that should not be, making your ships impenetrable, and your shots unstoppable

More than a thousands years ago, an enormous threat almost engulfed the Galaxy. In that time, your Empire encompassed nearly one third of the Galaxy. Your fleets were innumerable, your forces undefeatable. When the threat first arose, the galaxy was unaware. It had arisen in the territory of one of your greatest enemies, and they hid it for fear that you would exploit their weakness. They battled both within and without for many years, but with their attention split they could not hope to gain victory. When the shell of their Empire finally collapsed and revealed the threat that had been growing within them, it was almost too late.

These days, little is known of the war that followed.  There are archives with records of battle and dozens of details about the enemy's ships and tactics, but they're sealed on the order of your greatest Generals, not to be opened unless the threat arises once more. You know of the war from the losses that occurred, and the devastation it wrought. The entire Galaxy united against a single threat, and yet the war lasted decades. Hundreds of civilizations simply disappearing, entire empires vanishing without a trace.

Your fleet were savaged, your armies nearly destroyed, our planets bombarded into rubble. Once, there were 12 great Void Titans, enormous vessels each capable of destroying entire fleets and scattering planets, but by the end of the war only one remained. Their hulls had been made with solid neutronium and living metal, near-impenetrable and capable of repairing itself from any damage, yet still they fell.  Even now, your brightest tactical minds imagine countless scenarios that could have led to such destruction, and devise solutions to battle that ancient enemy.

These days however, there are no more grand battles. The last Void Titan rests in the dock where it has lain for the last 200 years, as do most of your fleets. Occasionally, an Empire arises to challenge us, but they're rarely worth our attention. You have become withdrawn from the universe, but there are always those who wish to change that.

Nation Name : Write-in?

Species description :
A : Mammalian Mammalians are fairly strong and always active, but require much sustenance to support that activity
B : Reptilian Cold-blooded creatures, whose slow activity belies enduring strength
C : Avian  Their bodies and minds build for flight, avian races emphatizes mobility above all else
D : Molluscoid More at home within the water than on land, untill technology allowed them to conquer both
E : Arthropoid A strong exoskeleton protects these hardworking creatures
F : Fungoid Though detested by some, fungoid species are extremely hardy and adaptable
G : Plantoid Living for ages, Plantoid species do not generally consider their limited mobility a problem
I : Write-in

One leader, in particular, sought to change the course of all that came to pass. Their name would be remembered, but whether in infamy or glory is unknown.
Leader name : Write In

Leader Title :
A : Consul (Regularly elected by the citizenry "Service equals citizenship" )
B : Strategos (Elected by the War council of all Captains and Generals to lead as long as you can maintain support )
C : Warlord  (A strong leader rules without absolute power, elected by nothing but the strength of his army)
D : Imperator (Title passed by succession)
E : War Champion (Title passed by rite of combat)

((Last start-up section, I promise))

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2017, 09:04:22 am »

I: Amphibians: inseparable from Water until shortly before they become adults.
D
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2017, 10:22:18 am »

D

+1
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 11:17:18 am »

A (succession is never good)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2017, 11:27:19 am »

I, D

We might've had a more democratic or meritocratic government in the past, but like everywhere else, the decay has set in. Ave Imperator!
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2017, 12:09:19 pm »

D

Civ name: Hetelaxia

Leader name: Vecastion.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2017, 12:56:11 pm »

F
E

becuse who doesnt want to be a War Champion Mushroom with armor and a monocle
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 01:54:18 pm »

I: Amphibians: A creature of two worlds, and neither, changing over a lifetime.
E: Entrance into upper leadership is contingent on winning a certain simulation game, recounting the great war.  Failure means death and a high score means ruling the empire.  All that matters in leadership is the power to defeat the great enemy.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 02:51:46 pm »

I: Amphibians: A creature of two worlds, and neither, changing over a lifetime.
E: Entrance into upper leadership is contingent on winning a certain simulation game, recounting the great war.  Failure means death and a high score means ruling the empire.  All that matters in leadership is the power to defeat the great enemy.
+1 to that. That sounds really awesome and very Ender like

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2017, 05:47:57 am »

ID
Civ name: Hetelaxia
Leader name: Vecastion.

You are Imperator Vecastion, leader of the Hetelaxian Empire. As direct descendant of the Greatest General, you continue a tradition that has stood for hundreds of years. Since the moment you first hatched in the Imperial Spawning pool, you have been prepared for this moment. The best warriors trained you in their arts, the best generals thought you their tactics. As years passed, your grew and prospered. By the time you came of age, you'd fought and bested each of them in battle.

Now, you command the Empire. The Imperial fleet sails forth at your command, a thousand vessels clad in shining, gleaming living armor. The crown jewel of the fleet, The Last Titan, will serve as your flagship, should the empire ever go to war again. The enormous vessel is as much a sign of regalia as a warship, a solid confirmation of the oaths you took to preserve the Empire.

Fifty billions citizens look towards you for guidance, spread over the 5 main worlds of the Empire and a dozen minor colonies. Gleaming cities and towering manufactories extend over the surface and deep into the seas. Ancient complexes made from living metal change themselves to whatever the population desires, while automated mines provides rare resources the metal can not replicate.

As you enter the throne room, ancient machines activate. The walls flicker and turn into silvery liquid, reforming themselves to display the status of the Empire:

Stability : 1
Population :5
Economy :5
Fleet : 6
Legitimacy : 1

It is as you feared.

Your succession has been unusual. Your father did not die in combat, or of old age. His ship simply disappeared on a routine voyage. The ensuing uncertainty surrounding his death delayed the succession for nearly half a year, paralyzing the Empire. The people are uncertain, and in their hearts many still cling to the old Imperator.

Actions:

A. Your father is dead. Do the ceremony, build the statues, and all that. The sooner we get this over with, the sooner they'll forget.
B. Your father is dead. Officially. Send a small naval detachment to figure out what happened to his ship.
C. This must have happened before. Consult the Imperial archives to find some obscure rule to cement your legitimacy.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2017, 05:59:32 am »

B, whatever made him disappear might be a threat in the future.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2017, 07:44:39 am »

C
THIS must have happened to someone else in the past right?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2017, 07:49:52 am »

A

Anyone claiming to be the old king must be a fake...

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2017, 07:52:16 am »

B, whatever made him disappear might be a threat in the future.
+1
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4