Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: AU Mission 3 [Turn 3: Hello To You Too]  (Read 1191 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
AU Mission 3 [Turn 3: Hello To You Too]
« on: October 06, 2017, 12:01:49 am »

This is the third mission thread for Arcane Utopia.

Current Mission: World 3
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 09:48:30 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 3
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 12:06:27 am »

Turn 0: Illuminating

You arrive in waist-high water, or... well, it doesn't look like water, but that might be because the sky is composed of haphazardly placed, giant ribbed cylinders of glowing yellow, flickering and crackling with power occasionally. The 'water' is similarly yellow (possibly due to the light) and smells off, though you can't place it in particular. It is gently churning, though you can't see any particular source for the disturbance and it doesn't feel windy.

The place otherwise appears to be completely indoors. This particular "room" is rather expansive, and doesn't terminate cleanly; past the truly gargantuan, metal-looking supports and just general stuff that defines this place, you're pretty sure you see more liquid and more flickering lights.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 3 [Turn 0: Illuminating]
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 12:10:36 am »

Attempt to draw life mana from the odd liquid. The liquid wouldn't happen to be a form of, ah, "excrement", would it?

Activate my fight enchantment, float 10 feet or so above the strange liquid, and draw in air mana from the air nearby me to replace the air magic charge that I just spent.

Also, is the "room" large enough to be considered to have a "sky"?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 3 [Turn 0: Illuminating]
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 12:27:36 am »

Turn 1: Hrm

Attempt to draw life mana from the odd liquid. The liquid wouldn't happen to be a form of, ah, "excrement", would it?

Activate my fight enchantment, float 10 feet or so above the strange liquid, and draw in air mana from the air nearby me to replace the air magic charge that I just spent.

Also, is the "room" large enough to be considered to have a "sky"?
[1] It's definitely pee.

You consider flying up above the obvious pee and then sucking in air mana to sustain yourself, but it occurs to you that it'd take far, far longer to drain that much mana out of normal air than you'd be able to keep alight.

The topic of sky is a little ambiguous. The cylinders are high enough up that if they're "ceiling," it's an absolutely titanic building. On the other hand, you're not sure how far up the space goes, but it looks pretty dense with cylinders to call a proper "sky."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 3 [Turn 1: Hrm]
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 11:51:22 am »

Keep trudging through the pee until I find something interesting, I guess.

Consider if the "pee" might actually be gasoline or something.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 3 [Turn 1: Hrm]
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 01:55:51 pm »

Turn 2: Knock Knock

Keep trudging through the pee until I find something interesting, I guess.

Consider if the "pee" might actually be gasoline or something.

[1] You discover an interesting sight indeed: A raised platform, seemingly a very broad path leading from one giant circular door in a wall to another on a nearby, perpendicular wall.

Also it opens and a giant hunched squid-thing regards you for a moment. It's probably a good 20 feet tall.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 3 [Turn 2: Knock Knock]
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 05:54:11 pm »

"Hello!"

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 3 [Turn 2: Knock Knock]
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2017, 09:48:21 pm »

Turn 3: Hello To You Too

"Hello!"
[3] It shifts slightly, and there's a series of clicking and whooshing sounds from a source you can't place.

[1] It raises one tentacle mass/arm, a mechanical thing unfurling from its palm. It glows alarmingly before discharging, your attempts to fake it out failing miserably. You take a bolt of fuzzy blue energy right in the chest, which seems to enter you before violently smacking you backwards much faster than the bolt was moving. You skip several times on the surface of the yellowish fluid before coming to a graceful stop by slamming into a metal section of wall with a resounding thrum.

You fall into the liquid a moment later, not much a fan of this particular plane's greeting methods.

-2 HP
now [Discordant]
+1 Diplomacy
Now +2 Diplomat

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 3 [Turn 3: Hello To You Too]
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 03:26:16 pm »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g

Get back to the portal and go home, because I really don't want to PO squids with advanced tech that shoot people like me on sight.