Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Assemblage (4/6; Possibly starting) - Turn 13  (Read 16977 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 9
« Reply #135 on: June 25, 2017, 10:07:10 pm »

By the way, Crazyabe, Titans of the Ember Realm appears to have abruptly stopped.
Ah, That, I had some RL Problems & School Exams to go through, I will update tomorrow, if I don't then There is a problem.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2017, 11:33:21 am »

Juni, we need your turn...

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2017, 11:48:36 am »

I'd like to withdraw from this game. Sorry.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 02, 2017, 02:54:43 pm »

Thank you for playing, Juni.
I have some tentative ideas for a new RTD. If Assemblage dies, I will start working on that.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2017, 04:26:32 pm »

Ok, it appears that Assemblage is at death's door.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2017, 04:35:50 pm »

Ok, it appears that Assemblage is at death's door.
You need to post a turn or it will stay there.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 08, 2017, 04:06:30 pm »

I'm writing up the turn. It will be ready soon, probably today.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 08, 2017, 05:55:20 pm »

Turn 10

Summary: Interesting stuff happens.

"Well, thank you. We're going to need your help, anything at all would be appreciated."

BREAK FREE FROM THIS FREAKING WALL.
[6] You summon your incredibly high level of annoyance at being stuck on a wall for ten whole minutes, and use your slowly improving telekinesis to force yourself out of the anomaly. Though you are in an anomalous space and are unskilled at telekinesis, you succeed and land on the gun guy's side of the anomaly - er, except for your left foot. It remains floating inside the distortion. But something about exiting the anomaly seems to have cauterized your leg, and you are free of pain. Still, you don't have that foot.
"Ok, So whats that stuff Suppose ta do anyway?"
I Ask the nameless person while I try to make my way to that Emergency Cabinet.
[5] You carefully move towards the cabinet, as carefully as possible for someone who is flailing their arms around in a pocket of strange space, and land lightly beside it. Juni seems a bit catatonic, like Glass earlier, but you pay no attention for the moment. [4] As you hit the wall, you snatch at the cabinet's latch. The door swings open and reveals 3 dartguns and 3 of some sort of slender pistol. An instrument panel is set into the back of the cabinet.
"Ow...wait,a dart?"
Pulls the dart out of his foot
[5] You get the dart out without causing damage to the surrounding tissue, and throw it aside.
wincing as the dart jabbed him, he would pull it out of his arm and examine it carefully for any sings of what he tried to inject into me.
"The hell did you just inject me with?!"
immediately start making a tourniquet around the jabbed arm after removing the dart at the shoulder preferably. I'm not taking the chance that it's a poison.
[1] You can't get a good grip on the dart, and only injure the skin around it further. You do manage to wince convincingly. That doesn't make you feel better, though.
[6] You tear at your uniform, getting a strip of cloth off, and fumblingly tie a tourniquet - the rest of that dart's payload is not about to get anywhere else. Sadly, neither is your blood. Your arm starts tingling.

Juni becomes limp, but due to the anomalous nature of space, she her corpse does not fall. Her diagnostics thing blares one alarm, then silences itself. The Orator has two notable kills.
A few of the lights in the emergency panel begin twinkling. A roar erupts somewhere above you; it doesn't sound like any creature, more like a massive explosion. Above you. In a facility that could easily be structurally unstable. A shockwave blasts through the room then ceases abruptly when it reaches the middle, at the same time that the roar vanishes. Well, that was weird.
The guy with a gun relaxes slightly and looks at Bob. "Those darts carry three substances: an antipsychotic, a mild sedative, and a memory enhancer. The first is to ensure you aren't subject to psychoses which have been appearing since the sinkhole appeared. The second is only enough to keep you calm. The third is so you remember what I'm about to tell you.

The Device which disappeared was able to transfer entropy and energy between any two thermodynamic systems. Those who went crazy around it were being driven mad by the arrow of time not matching up - entropy increased more in random areas near the Device than in other areas. After a few of them died in the research room containing the thing, reports of a 'presence' near the device began to accumulate. It was an intelligence using air molecules as a substrate instead of flesh, and it began forming when order from ordered systems - the brains of the researchers who had died - accumulated near the Device. I don't know what it wants, but it caused the sinkhole collapse and every other abnormality which has begun to happen here.
Every so often, the intelligence uses the Device to mess with some pocket of time, and the changes slowly ripple throughout the facility. When they settle in one place, they become anomalies like the space in this room." He paused. "Also, the Device can be used to 'time travel', in a limited way: reverting parts of the surrounding area to former states. I've managed to partially escape some of the reversions, and I estimate that the future timeline of this facility has been reverted about 13 times.
As someone who worked with the Device, I want to investigate it, and so I will help you get there and back. I also need to talk to the ghastly Orator."
He looks at each of you, gauging your reactions.
Note: don't forget to get that insignia scrap from Juni.

Player Characters
Nix, male
Abilities: Human Bloodhound | Untrained Telekinesis (conferred by non-conventional electronic, or NCE)
Inventory: NCE telekinesis extension | Damaged LED Flashlight | Vial labeled "COMPATH" | Antipsychotics(?) | Medkit | Dazzler
Currently: Struggling
Health: Pain from dart wound in arm; left foot missing

Juni, female
Ability: Biological night vision
Inventory on death: Wrist-mounted Diagnostics Device | Repurposed Metal Weapon | Insignia Scrap
Currently: Singing with the Choir Invisible
Health: Dead; electrocuted by the Orator

Erin Quill, male
Ability: Pushing up the daisies
Inventory on death: Nothing
Currently: Lying on the ground, outside stairwell

Dustan Hache, male
Ability: Quick Reflexes
Inventory: Scaldknife | NCE warning/ward coin
Currently: Outside room, behind cover; applying !!logic!! to armed-guy
Health: Slight left wrist injury, mild pain; cutting off blood flow

Bob, male
Ability: Poison Resistance
Inventory: Electronic scrap
Currently: Investigating emergency cabinet
Health: Normal

Steveno, male
Ability: Parkour
Inventory: Duct tape
Currently: By Glass's corpse
Health: Pain from dart wound in foot

Non-Player Characters
The Orator
Description: Last seen in the Cold Room, can remotely kill you, and is monitoring your minds. Comforting, isn't it?

Guy with a gun
Description: Has... well, a gun. Concerned that there may be stark raving mad lunatics nearby. Seems to know about the Orator's kill-switches, and just gave y'all a large chunk of information.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:57:23 pm by Eschar »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 10
« Reply #143 on: July 08, 2017, 06:08:29 pm »

Grab the insignia from Juni, see if I can find some sort of walking stick to help me hobble around.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 08, 2017, 06:19:08 pm »

You might be able to compensate for the foot by using your telekinesis.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 08, 2017, 06:20:42 pm »

Constantly? That seems like a horrible drain on my body/mind.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 08, 2017, 06:45:47 pm »

Funny, I rolled a 6 for making a tourniquet, and by design it is meant to temporarily cut off blood flow to stop bleeding or poison from getting worse. I got exactly what it was supposed to do, but since this guy seems to know a bit about our goal...
reluctantly remove the tourniquet. Cut it with my knife if I have to, but don't turn on it's heating element, don't want to burn myself.
"Well, all I know is that he has some way of spying on us, and that he is willing to kill us off if we don't do what he wants. Also, don't you know it's rude to shoot people?"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage (two spots open!) - Turn 10
« Reply #147 on: July 09, 2017, 09:33:43 pm »

Steveno looks around the room serching for something useful
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage (two spots open!) - Turn 10
« Reply #148 on: July 11, 2017, 10:02:37 pm »

Loot Juni and the cabinet.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2017, 01:32:38 pm »

About that telekinesis, NRDL: you can set small tasks for it to do, and using it will eventually get easier.
Grab the insignia from Juni, see if I can find some sort of walking stick to help me hobble around.
[5] You tuck the insignia into your pocket, and take the metal shard from Juni. It isn't long enough to be a terribly efficient stick, but it'll help, and it is sharp. You also get her diagnostic wristwatch and put it on.
Funny, I rolled a 6 for making a tourniquet, and by design it is meant to temporarily cut off blood flow to stop bleeding or poison from getting worse. I got exactly what it was supposed to do, but since this guy seems to know a bit about our goal...
reluctantly remove the tourniquet. Cut it with my knife if I have to, but don't turn on it's heating element, don't want to burn myself.
"Well, all I know is that he has some way of spying on us, and that he is willing to kill us off if we don't do what he wants. Also, don't you know it's rude to shoot people?"
[2] You fumble with the knot, but it is tied too tightly to untie. [2] Your knife slips the first attempt, but [4] not the second. Feeling begins to return to your arm.
"These are not normal social circumstances," replies the guy calmly. You are surprised he even responded to that.
Steveno looks around the room searching for something useful
[2] Somehow, this doesn't work. There's that Emergency cabinet, though.
Loot Juni and the cabinet.
[2] Juni has already been looted and left unceremoniously on the floor.
[1] You accidentally hit some button on the cabinet's interior panel. You have no idea what it does...
In other news, Nix feels the strain of his telekinesis lessen slightly.

Player Characters
Nix, male
Abilities: Human Bloodhound | Dabbling Telekinesis (conferred by non-conventional electronic, or NCE)
Inventory: NCE telekinesis extension | Damaged LED Flashlight | Vial labeled "COMPATH" | Antipsychotics(?) | Medkit | Dazzler | The Insignia | Metal shard | Diagnostic Watch
Currently: Struggling
Health: Pain from dart wound in arm | Left foot missing

Juni, female
Ability: Biological night vision
Inventory on death:
Currently: Singing with the Choir Invisible

Erin Quill, male
Ability: Pushing up the daisies
Inventory on death: Nothing
Currently: Lying on the ground, outside stairwell
Health: Dead | Electrocuted by the Orator

Dustan Hache, male
Ability: Quick Reflexes
Inventory: Scaldknife | NCE warning/ward coin
Currently: Outside room, behind cover
Health: Slight left wrist injury, mild pain | Blood flow returning

Bob, male
Ability: Poison Resistance
Inventory: Electronic scrap
Currently: Investigating emergency cabinet
Health: Normal

Steveno, male
Ability: Parkour
Inventory: Duct tape
Currently: By Glass's corpse
Health: Pain from dart wound in foot

Non-Player Characters
The Orator
Description: Last seen in the Cold Room, can remotely kill you, and is monitoring your minds. Comforting, isn't it?

Guy with a gun
Description: Has... well, a gun. Concerned that there may be stark raving mad lunatics nearby. Seems to know about the Orator's kill-switches, and just gave y'all a large chunk of information. Has agreed to aid you in your probably hopeless search.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 02:30:33 pm by Eschar »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12