Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Assemblage (4/6; Possibly starting) - Turn 13  (Read 16972 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: ASSEMBLAGE - An RTD. Naturally.
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2017, 02:11:48 am »

Check pockets, inspect the body.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: ASSEMBLAGE - An RTD. Naturally.
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2017, 11:23:32 am »

Dustan, you are now waitlisted.
Turn 1: Through a Glass Darkly
Check what's in my pockets.
Conclude we just got out of hypersleep or something comparable.
Investigate things and stuff. All the things and stuff.
(Free action) You pull something out of your pocket. It looks like a coin - specifically, a quarter - but it is quite dense, and warm. You feel a prick on your finger, and a thin smear of blood disappears into the coin.
(5) You investigate the coffin further: the panel has a set of 9 buttons on it, though it does not look like a numerical keypad; the symbols on each key are changing as you watch them. A small screen is beside the pad. You search it for usable bits of scrap, and find none.
Anywho...
Juni feels in her pocket, figuring out what the object is. She then advances and looks for a release on the Cryo-Tube(?) object.
(Free) You remove a digital watch from your pocket. At least, it'd look like that if not for the lack of a screen - there's only a black panel where the screen would be, with a pinprick-sized hole. The hole is glowing weakly.
(4) I assume you mean the fridge of strange appearance. You open one, and see that it is filled with racks of vials, containing clear liquids. It is incredibly cold.
Check pockets, inspect the body.
(Free) In your pocket is simply a block, the size of a 9v battery, of black metal. It leaves a fine black powder on your hand.
(5) You inspect the body. The head is propped up out of the cloudy liquid. In the suit's pockets are an ordinary LED flashlight and a vial like those in the fridge. You remove them and place them in your pocket. You smell an unidentifiable odor coming off them.
Area Status
A rectangular room, small door at one end. Nothing is damaged.
Injuries
None at the moment.

At that moment, Erin's coin begins to vibrate wildly, creating a shrill sound. The room grows colder. With a high whine, the door begins to slide open. Then the lights go out. A chorus of alarms sounds in the distance. A panel lights up above the exit, reading simply Remain calm.
Juni, since you can see in the dark (and no one else may read it; you can ask her, in your turn, what she saw):
Spoiler: What Juni sees (click to show/hide)
Everyone else: There is a whirr and a click. A splashing noise comes from the back of the room.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:12:38 pm by Eschar »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: ASSEMBLAGE - Turn 1: Through a Glass Darkly
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2017, 12:42:08 pm »

Juni dashes to the corner and seeks cover, fearing the worst.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: ASSEMBLAGE - Turn 1: Through a Glass Darkly
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2017, 12:45:33 pm »

Look around in a frantic manner, telling yourself you are perfectly calm. 100% calm. Nope, no problem here.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 1: Through a Glass Darkly
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2017, 02:24:36 pm »

Another Event
A screen of thick wire silently moves down over the door, locks in place, and begin to glow with the characteristic orange of uncomfortably hot metal.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2017, 02:26:05 pm »

Another Event
A screen of thick wire silently moves down over the door, locks in place, and begin to glow with the characteristic orange of uncomfortably hot metal.
...do I have, say, a piece of random scrap that I can poke that with? Because I'd like to do that, to make sure whether it's actually that hot, or if it's fake. Not with my bare hands, though.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2017, 02:31:48 pm »

Another Event
...do I have, say, a piece of random scrap that I can poke that with? Because I'd like to do that, to make sure whether it's actually that hot, or if it's fake. Not with my bare hands, though.
You have your coin. You could also stab it with Nix's (really, the corpse's) flashlight.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2017, 02:49:43 pm »

I'll wait until I have something else.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2017, 02:52:35 pm »

Anyone know if Nix is posting from a different time zone? Of course, he's probably just busy.
EDIT:
I'll wait until I have something else.
Not sure where you're going to get that. You are in a room with one (possibly very painful) exit. Then again...hmm...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 03:15:56 pm by Eschar »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 1 (Waitlisting open): Through a Glass Darkly
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2017, 04:57:34 pm »

Poke heated metal wire with flashlight, check if it's superheated.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 1 (Waitlisting open): Through a Glass Darkly
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2017, 06:14:44 pm »

Turn 2: Keep your Wits
Juni dashes to the corner and seeks cover, fearing the worst.
(2) You fail, finding no cover. You settle for occupying the center of the room.
Look around in a frantic manner, telling yourself you are perfectly calm. 100% calm. Nope, no problem here.
(2) You find nothing to hold your interest, as the room is completely dark except for the glow of the wire screen. (2) You also fail to calm yourself.
Poke heated metal wire with flashlight, check if it's superheated.
(6) You poke the screen with your(?) flashlight, but jam it a bit too far in. All metal touched by the wires vaporizes, scalding your hand slightly. The flashlight is barely usable now; the connection between the LEDs and the battery is tenuous. Still, it will give you a chance if Erin and you are separated from Juni.

Spoiler: Area Knowledge (click to show/hide)

The overhead lights flicker for a second, then begin shining steadily. At the end of the room containing the life-support-coffin, the corpse has stood up. He - you can tell it's a 'he' now - is still dripping cloudy liquid.
    "Good to see that you are up. The last few days have been touchy."
With those words, the madness begins.
    "You three have just been resuscitated after a month of...storage. In that month, we, a self-contained research facility, have undergone a massive" -he hesitates- "accident. Our systems have sustained severe damage; you will find out why later.
And a sinkhole has opened up under our most important project, plunging the project several miles into the complexes under this building. I brought you back to consciousness because of your abilities. You have noticed that you memory is gone: you were some of our employees who... transgressed. So we removed your memory, put you in the mindbank, and assigned you as fair game for research and experimentation. Our automated fail-safes then put all of us in suspended animation after the accident, except for me.
Now I chose you for this task: survive through miles of the complexes, get the Project, and bring it intact to here as if your life depends upon it. It does, in fact; I'm not wasting my time helping you get there, and if you balk at any time, I will electrocute you from here using a tiny device in your spinal cord. If you succeed, I will remove your condemned status once the facility is operating again. There will be several teams coming after you; they will have the same goal and I will only reward one team. You - the teams - are all enemies. This reward is, basically, exemption from a prolonged execution. They will do all they can to take it."

The metal screen has not retracted yet. You can now talk to this ghastly orator (this dialogue will cost no turns and, like looking at the Items, has no roll); I will reply to each query immediately, instead of putting all the replies in the next turn report. So y'all will need to tell me, when you have all sated your curiosity, when you will start your normal turns.
The other teams will be composed of sequential groups of three on the waitlist. You have a slight advantage, as Nix has that vial from the Orator, and you will probably get to any potential supplies first. You can also look for supplies in the fridges before you leave, but don't do anything to anger the Orator. And please do not attack him; remember he can electrocute you with a thought.

Good luck. You'll need it.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 06:20:23 pm by Eschar »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn Two (Joining open): Keep your Wits
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2017, 06:23:08 pm »

Juni practically ignores the Orator, opening the fridge and grabbing several vials of cold stuff.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2017, 06:24:54 pm »

I guess I'll count that as your, non-dialogue, turn?
You can of course still talk to the Orator. This turn only ends once everyone has finished 'turn-ing' and talking.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2017, 06:29:27 pm »

"First of all, $%@# off. Now with that out of the way, what are these items *show the black cube and vial* for?"

Take as much stuff as possible from the refrigerators, try and identify what they are.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 08:29:58 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2017, 06:38:03 pm »

Permission to "go it alone" out of misguided overconfidence and a fear that the waitlist time will be too long?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12