Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: Assemblage (4/6; Possibly starting) - Turn 13  (Read 17010 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 6: Interesting Topological Exercise
« Reply #90 on: June 15, 2017, 04:18:19 pm »

Nix tries to move towards the corpse, and take the weapon. If not possible to move, use Telekinesis cube to try and get the weapon from his dead, emaciated hands.

"IF ANYONE CAN HEAR ME, THERE'S SOMETHING DANGEROUS ABOUT. I THINK IT BREATHES FIRE. BE CAREFUL", Nix yells, hoping somebody can hear him.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 15, 2017, 04:54:20 pm »

"Oh what in the hell is this..."
stick my hand through the doorway, and keep it there for about a minute or until something happens that justifies pulling it back out again. Best to test the effects of this doorway-fog effect.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 15, 2017, 04:56:43 pm »

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 15, 2017, 07:14:03 pm »

Whenever any of you do an action which needs to be hidden from the others, you can (probably should) message it to me.

By the way, Glass has left this RTD. If Nix or Juni want to appropriate his character, they are welcome. If no one does, it will be electrocuted by the Orator.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 09:29:06 am by Eschar »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2017, 12:36:02 pm »

We need a consensus on the issue of Glass before I post the next turn.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 02:19:14 pm by Eschar »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2017, 08:35:19 pm »

Turn 7: ...no turn name. Again.
Glass has officially gone, and his character is dead. That's one less person on Juni and Nix's team.

Juni enters the room
(5) You enter the room, start twisting through space, and are propelled towards the Emergency cabinet. (5) You secure a firm hold on the cabinet. Your mind feels mostly normal, but you are still floating. A diagnostic alarm on your device starts to go off again.
Nix tries to move towards the corpse, and take the weapon. If not possible to move, use Telekinesis cube to try and get the weapon from his dead, emaciated hands.

"IF ANYONE CAN HEAR ME, THERE'S SOMETHING DANGEROUS ABOUT. I THINK IT BREATHES FIRE. BE CAREFUL", Nix yells, hoping somebody can hear him.
You cannot, in fact, move to the corpse(?), as you are currently being pressed against a wall. (2) You try prying the weapon from the corpse's hands with telepathy, but can't focus past the noise of your mind trying to process three (exactly three - remember this) manifestations of time at once. (2) You start yelling, but your message cannot escape the shreds of distorted time surrounding you. You dimly remember hearing the words something dangerous about a few minutes ago. Or do you?
"Oh what in the hell is this..."
Stick my hand through the doorway, and keep it there for about a minute or until something happens that justifies pulling it back out again. Best to test the effects of this doorway-fog effect.
You stick your hand in and feeling an excruciating tingling; it feels as if your hand doesn't match up with your arm. You feel that this counts as "something...that justifies pulling it back out again", and (4) are able to pull your hand away.
Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
(6) You grab Glass from the staircase and try to drag him down; he seems oddly catatonic. In your enthusiasm for eliminating threats to your chance of un-Condemnation, you slip and go flying into the room yourself! Well, blast. You are now floating between Juni and Nix, an uncomfortable position should they choose to act on this attempt at reducing their team. Oh, and Nix has telekinesis.
The RNG hits! The GM stops referencing NetHack.

Two things happen at that moment. Without warning, Erin falls dead. His corpse tumbles over the stairwell, slamming his head into the diamond-plate floor with a crack. The Orator has electrocuted him.
Then, the eyes of the corpse in the room open. He quickly gets to his feet and stands up against the far wall. "What are you doing here?" he demands, readying his weapon. After the four of you do not reply immediately, he hisses, "If you give the slightest hint of lunacy or psychosis, I will fire. I don't care how normal you actually are; if you even look deranged I will consider you a threat. So I politely suggest you answer clearly and quickly."

Characters
Nix, male
Abilities: Human Bloodhound | Untrained Telekinesis (conferred by non-conventional electronic, or NCE)
Inventory: NCE telekinesis extension | Damaged LED Flashlight | Vial labeled "COMPATH" | Antipsychotics(?) | Medkit | Dazzler
Currently: Still exploring the joys of non-Euclidian geometry and non-Einsteinian time.
Health: Normal

Juni, female
Ability: Biological night vision
Inventory: Wrist-mounted Diagnostics Device | Repurposed Metal Weapon
Currently: Holding on to Emergency cabinet

Erin Quill, male
Ability: Pushing up the daisies
Inventory: NCE ward/warning coin
Currently: Lying on the ground, outside stairwell
Health: Dead; electrocuted by the Orator

Dustan Hache, male
Ability: Quick Reflexes
Inventory: Scaldknife
Currently: Standing cautiously outside the room, testing effects
Health: Slight left wrist injury, mild pain

Bob, male
Ability: Poison Resistance
Inventory: Electronic scrap
Currently: Floating in the remains of what was once a normal space, just inside of room

« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:38:45 pm by Eschar »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2017, 08:52:36 pm »

scavenge through Erin's corpse for anything usable.
"Hey Orator, there's some sort of spatial anomaly taking up the next room. I know you have eyes or ears on me, so if you can communicate with me, give me some advice here!"
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2017, 08:55:42 pm »

"Whoa. Hey. Look. I'm normal. Yeah. Normalllll... Now just put down the weapon of death and pain...."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2017, 09:10:16 pm »

As with the Orator, dialogue with this guy is replied to by a normal post from me. This doesn't apply if you're trying to persuade him/her/it, similar to the rules for computers. Dustan, for example, is trying to get the Orator's help, and this will use a roll.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2017, 09:15:08 pm »

Reply to Juni:
The man tightens his grip on the weapon, moves it to point at Juni, and asks merely "What killed that corpse over there, in the stairwell?" He shifts his attention to it Glass's corpse for a moment, studying it with an unusual amount of interest. He is, in fact, studying the area of the spine where you recall that the Orator's kill-switches are implanted, even there is no mark there, as the kill-switch worked by internal means. Then he looks back at Juni, aiming carefully in case he decides she's psychotic.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2017, 09:17:32 pm »

"I... Don't... Know... He was alive when I entered the room... But judging by our conversations with the most psychotic man I've met so far, 'The Orator', he was probably zapped by that man. Using some kind of electroneural cortex or... some jim-jam or other."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2017, 09:21:51 pm »

Dazzle this dude holding the weapon in the eyes. If I can't actually aim the dazzler, use telekinesis to rip weapon out of his hand.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 7: I Ran Out of Interesting Turn Names
« Reply #102 on: June 17, 2017, 04:17:50 pm »

3/4 actions posted. We have Crazyabe's left.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 17, 2017, 04:27:00 pm »

Look around?
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 18, 2017, 02:28:19 am »

Turn 8
scavenge through Erin's corpse for anything usable.
"Hey Orator, there's some sort of spatial anomaly taking up the next room. I know you have eyes or ears on me, so if you can communicate with me, give me some advice here!"
(5) You look through Erin's uniform (ahem) and retrieve his warning coin. However, it doesn't seem to recognize you.
It doesn't seem like the Orator has any means of communication with you other than killing you remotely, which I assume is not what you want. Or if he does have some other means, he isn't using it (or can't). (6) Startled at your shout, the guy standing on the other side of the room aims his weapon at you and fires. (4) You dodge out of the way. You could not tell what the weapon fired.
"Whoa. Hey. Look. I'm normal. Yeah. Normalllll... Now just put down the weapon of death and pain...."
The reply is in the thread but I'll put it here for my own reference:
The man tightens his grip on the weapon, moves it to point at Juni, and asks merely "What killed that corpse over there, in the stairwell?" He shifts his attention to it Glass's corpse for a moment, studying it with an unusual amount of interest. He is, in fact, studying the area of the spine where you recall that the Orator's kill-switches are implanted, even there is no mark there, as the kill-switch worked by internal means. Then he looks back at Juni, aiming carefully in case he decides she's psychotic.
"I... Don't... Know... He was alive when I entered the room... But judging by our conversations with the most psychotic man I've met so far, 'The Orator', he was probably zapped by that man. Using some kind of electroneural cortex or... some jim-jam or other."
The man apparently deems this answer sufficient, but you notice he became very tense at the mention of the word "Orator."
Dazzle this dude holding the weapon in the eyes. If I can't actually aim the dazzler, use telekinesis to rip weapon out of his hand.
(6) You jerk the dazzler's dazzling end at him and fire (light?) it at him, but in the process you also got a glimpse of the end. Your eyes are temporarily impaired.
Look around?
You observe the room, but in your dizziness you hit your head against...some surface. You can't tell if it's where the ceiling, floor, or a wall should be.

The man now has decided that Juni is not insane. He hasn't confirmed the same about the rest of you, and although Juni's not insane, that has remarkably little to do with whether she might attack him or not. Tread carefully.
You also notice a small badge or icon sewn into his uniform. It reads "Researcher-Level Access: Region 18." And then you notice that a place on the shoulder of his uniform where a scrap of insignia should be has been neatly cut out. The hole exactly fits the shape of the insignia-scrap Juni picked up a few turns ago.

Player Characters
Nix, male
Abilities: Human Bloodhound | Untrained Telekinesis (conferred by non-conventional electronic, or NCE)
Inventory: NCE telekinesis extension | Damaged LED Flashlight | Vial labeled "COMPATH" | Antipsychotics(?) | Medkit | Dazzler
Currently: Just tried to blind anti-psychotic-man
Health: Right eye temporarily blinded

Juni, female
Ability: Biological night vision
Inventory: Wrist-mounted Diagnostics Device | Repurposed Metal Weapon | Insignia Scrap
Currently: Still holding on to Emergency cabinet

Erin Quill, male
Ability: Pushing up the daisies
Inventory: Nothing
Currently: Lying on the ground, outside stairwell
Health: Dead; electrocuted by the Orator

Dustan Hache, male
Ability: Quick Reflexes
Inventory: Scaldknife | NCE warning/ward coin
Currently: Just outside of doorway
Health: Slight left wrist injury, mild pain

Bob, male
Ability: Poison Resistance
Inventory: Electronic scrap
Currently: Floating in the remains of what was once a normal space, just inside of room

Non-Player Characters
The Orator
Description: Last seen in the Cold Room, can remotely kill you, and is monitoring your minds. Comforting, isn't it?

Guy with a gun
Description: Has... well, a gun. Concerned that there may be stark raving mad lunatics nearby. Seems to know about the Orator's kill-switches.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 02:34:17 am by Eschar »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12