Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: Assemblage (4/6; Possibly starting) - Turn 13  (Read 16953 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 7: I Ran Out of Interesting Turn Names
« Reply #105 on: June 18, 2017, 02:32:31 am »

Try and break free from whatever is holding me to the wall, whether it be through piercing the vale of space-time distortion, my telekinetic cube, or whatever else.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 18, 2017, 03:05:26 am »

having just dark-souls dodged out of the way of some projectile from what is clearly a gun, the obvious and sane thing is to find something that can act as cover and hide behind it. Closing the distance is probably not a option concidering they're armed and I'm not.
"Oi! I demand you not do that, I do have a life I want to live!"

Ooc: how come he's shooting at me from inside the anomaly when the corpse is outside of it at the stairwell and at the same time there is nothing dictating he has a line of sight on me to begin with?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 18, 2017, 12:47:05 pm »

OOC: He's mapped the anomalies enough to have a feel for where something will come out. Many times he's wrong. This time he was right.
So you might be able to escape the shots if you stay outside of the anomaly.
And he has a line of sight, albeit a distorted one, because the anomaly is not strong enough to fully distort light.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 12:49:16 pm by Eschar »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 18, 2017, 12:57:43 pm »

"I'm going to guess you Have problems with that Psy-er the Orator? he Seems to only want one thing; his Frickin' research to continue. Sent us out in groups of three, a group gets whatever he was researching back, they get to go free, the rest get the secondary prize of becoming "Subjects", and dying horribly."
I Say to the man with the gun.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 01:07:43 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 18, 2017, 01:02:17 pm »

Profanity

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2017, 01:11:48 pm »

Profanity
Reduced.
Accepted.

Let's see how far I can get with one-word posts.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 05:49:13 pm by Eschar »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2017, 05:50:07 pm »

Coolrune.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2017, 05:54:33 pm »

Juni just watches and waits
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2017, 06:30:25 pm »

Turn 9
Hints so far: research the COMPATH vial, determine if the guy with a gun is hostile, and Juni, investigate that emergency cabinet which you've been holding onto for five minutes already.
Try and break free from whatever is holding me to the wall, whether it be through piercing the vale of space-time distortion, my telekinetic cube, or whatever else.
You calmly attempt to get out of your spatial cocoon. (2) Not being Derm, you fail to disrupt the sane functioning of the universe.
(1) You try to mangle the aforesaid continuum with your NCE, but it can't get a grip on what is happening around you.
Having just dark-souls dodged out of the way of some projectile from what is clearly a gun, the obvious and sane thing is to find something that can act as cover and hide behind it. Closing the distance is probably not a option concidering they're armed and I'm not.
"Oi! I demand you not do that, I do have a life I want to live!"
(4) You hide behind the non-doorway area of the wall. It looks fairly tough.
"I'm going to guess you Have problems with that Psy-er the Orator? he Seems to only want one thing; his Frickin' research to continue. Sent us out in groups of three, a group gets whatever he was researching back, they get to go free, the rest get the secondary prize of becoming "Subjects", and dying horribly."
I Say to the man with the gun.
"Why does he want to run an experiment directly after you return, without restarting the facility's systems?" asks the man, attempting to aim his gun at you. He fails, seeing as his eyes are impaired.
Juni just watches and waits
You get yourself into a position wherefrom you can observe all entrances to the room.

Juni and Nix notice tiny...things...moving silently around the distortion. Then you notice tiny spots of rust on the wall. They weren't there a few minutes ago.

Player Characters
Nix, male
Abilities: Human Bloodhound | Untrained Telekinesis (conferred by non-conventional electronic, or NCE)
Inventory: NCE telekinesis extension | Damaged LED Flashlight | Vial labeled "COMPATH" | Antipsychotics(?) | Medkit | Dazzler
Currently: Still trapped in the distortion. Oh, and his mind is going...wrong.. from the time disruptions.
Health: Right eye temporarily blinded, distracted

Juni, female
Ability: Biological night vision
Inventory: Wrist-mounted Diagnostics Device | Repurposed Metal Weapon | Insignia Scrap
Currently: Still holding on to Emergency cabinet; in an alert position
Health: Normal

Erin Quill, male
Ability: Pushing up the daisies
Inventory: Nothing
Currently: Lying on the ground, outside stairwell
Health: Dead; electrocuted by the Orator

Dustan Hache, male
Ability: Quick Reflexes
Inventory: Scaldknife | NCE warning/ward coin
Currently: Taking cover beside the door
Health: Slight left wrist injury, mild pain

Bob, male
Ability: Poison Resistance
Inventory: Electronic scrap
Currently: Still floating in the distorted space
Health: Normal

Non-Player Characters
The Orator
Description: Last seen in the Cold Room, can remotely kill you, and is monitoring your minds. Comforting, isn't it?

Guy with a gun
Description: Has... well, a gun. Concerned that there may be stark raving mad! lunatics nearby. Seems to know about the Orator's kill-switches.
Health: Blinded temporarily, courtesy of Nix.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 18, 2017, 06:41:37 pm »

"I have no Clue, I think the guy may be more then a little screwy in the head. I mean, he Sent us out without any memorys, just with whatever was in our pockets when we got shoved in the deep freeze. I think he's runnin' on the assumption this place is workin' fine other then th' sink hole thing."
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 19, 2017, 02:11:59 am »

"Look, dude, you have to help us get down from here. Do you know what's messing with space-time around here? Some way to stop it?"

Continue struggling, laws of physics be darned.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: Assemblage - Turn 8
« Reply #117 on: June 19, 2017, 10:54:08 am »

Sigged.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 19, 2017, 11:01:10 am »

Is there still space left?
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 19, 2017, 11:05:52 am »

Yes, there is space left - two spaces are still open. Since there is a vacancy in both teams right now, you can choose which one you want to be on, and you will not  have to wait on the waitlist; you'll join immediately.
The rules and char sheets are at the OOC thread.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:13:58 am by Eschar »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12