Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: College abroad, need some advice on studying in Western Europe.  (Read 1860 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: College abroad, need some advice on studying in Western Europe.
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2017, 08:45:28 am »

What martinuzz said.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 10:01:47 am »

I seriously considered taking a year off before, but mentioning it I received no support. On the contrary, I heard that it'd be better for me to go straight to college rather than take my time to travel and work for college. I like working, but I don't care about social ladder and getting rich is not my goal. I seek stabilisation - I want to earn enough to live just well and pursue my interests. And that's something I can achieve without college with my current qualifications, but I still want to improve (and everyone's pressing me to go to college).

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2017, 10:19:52 am »

I've heard good things about the University of Leipzig, both in terms of courses aimed at international students, and tuition/living expenses. I know for a fact that they have a veterinary medicine faculty. Check it out.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2017, 11:50:23 am »

Bear in mind that public unimight be more expensive for him than for locals
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2017, 01:50:10 pm »

Bear in mind that public unimight be more expensive for him than for locals

Not in Germany at least. Usually in the EU countries are required to treat all EU citizens the same re:university access. (Some do get partially around that by tying access to residence rather than nationality, like the UK, but I think it's an exception).

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 [2]