Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: ERRANT: UFO Defense Redux  (Read 11423 times)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT: UFO Defense Redux
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2017, 01:28:37 am »

Mission 1:

A flying saucer has landed in the middle of a small farming town called sweetwater. A panicked resident called the police, who panicked and called the FBI who panicked and called you! It is up to us to save the day!

Enemy strength is about platoon size. If they get airborne they have a chance of escaping. It is possible that cattle and people might have been abducted for experimentation.

The town has a simple nucleic layout with services in the centre, workers' housing on the periphery, and ranches in the country side. The flying saucer is in the middle of the highschool football field.

The area of operations is littered with thousands of civilians, although the urban build up is of a low density. But there are more civvies than hostile targets on the ground. And you are expected to deal with this surgically and expeditiously, and bring glory and honor to Pepsi Cola.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2017, 04:42:10 am »

I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2017, 07:18:52 am »

I think I said something about also getting myself a thermal camera...

Locate a good sniping position.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2017, 07:21:30 am »

Find a safe hiding hole, my job is to come in after the action, have my mook get into a good position for when the fight starts, but wait for someone else to start shooting.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:31:48 am by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2017, 10:47:31 am »

...Well, since that seems to be all we're getting, guess I'll give tactical orders.  I'll assume we come from the south, in lieu of any other points of reference.  All five billboarded copters are to fly in formation, pepsicopters in front, valuable copter in back.  The lead two pepsicopters are to fly in an exaggerated X pattern, meeting over the UFO, while their occupants drop tons of teargas below them.  If they manage to survive, they are to drop off their pepsimen on the tallest nearby buildings to the northwest and northeast of the saucer, then fly away from the area.  Those squads are just intended to overwatch the UFO, and make sure no ayys can retreat away, or reinforce from the north/east/west.

Meanwhile, the remaining three choppers will deploy south of the UFO.  Our chopper will remain in the air, providig fire support while the one pepsicopters deploys pepsimen on our landing zone to clear it, and the other deploys pepsimen on the tallest nearby building to act as overwatch/rearguard.  The area should be *heavily* teargassed, and once it's relatively safe, we should deploy from our chopper.  The two pepsicopters then leave, and our choppper might be best off following; we'll see depending upon what happens.

Oh, Trump will man one of the doorguns on the way in, but will have Sokolov take over once he deploys.  Edit: He will also make a rousing speech about how today, the conservative forces of Capitalistic America defeat those dirty alien invaders, full of lots of blanket ad-hominem about the aliens and self-aggrandizement.  The speech is broadcasted to all the pepsicopters too, and whatever recording infrastructure Pepsi is using, of course.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2017, 10:59:29 am »

...Well, since that seems to be all we're getting, guess I'll give tactical orders.  I'll assume we come from the south, in lieu of any other points of reference.  All five billboarded copters are to fly in formation, pepsicopters in front, valuable copter in back.  The lead two pepsicopters are to fly in an exaggerated X pattern, meeting over the UFO, while their occupants drop tons of teargas below them.  If they manage to survive, they are to drop off their pepsimen on the tallest nearby buildings to the northwest and northeast of the saucer, then fly away from the area.  Those squads are just intended to overwatch the UFO, and make sure no ayys can retreat away, or reinforce from the north/east/west.

Meanwhile, the remaining three choppers will deploy south of the UFO.  Our chopper will remain in the air, providig fire support while the one pepsicopters deploys pepsimen on our landing zone to clear it, and the other deploys pepsimen on the tallest nearby building to act as overwatch/rearguard.  The area should be *heavily* teargassed, and once it's relatively safe, we should deploy from our chopper.  The two pepsicopters then leave, and our choppper might be best off following; we'll see depending upon what happens.

Oh, Trump will man one of the doorguns on the way in, but will have Sokolov take over once he deploys.

I approve of this.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2017, 03:37:41 pm »

Oh, Trump will man one of the doorguns on the way in, but will have Sokolov take over once he deploys.  Edit: He will also make a rousing speech about how today, the conservative forces of Capitalistic America defeat those dirty alien invaders, full of lots of blanket ad-hominem about the aliens and self-aggrandizement.  The speech is broadcasted to all the pepsicopters too, and whatever recording infrastructure Pepsi is using, of course.

Too much teargas.

If we're going to spew teargas around thousands of civilians, we're going to be hit with hundreds of lawsuits. The one from Pepsi alone would bankrupt us.

The sniper goes in on foot first and finds his vantage point.

As soon as he's ready, we fly in, heading for the UFO. We'll return fire when shot at, or to clear the area around the target. The Pepsimen will deploy tear gas immediately around the UFO. The Pepsimen and whoever is fighting will repel down and charge into the UFO. A breeching charge of 10kg C4 might be needed, I don't know.

I will be flying the main helicopter, and my minion will man a doorgun when nobody more useful is.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2017, 03:44:31 pm »

Please avoid damaging the UFO. It'd be best if we could keep that thing.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2017, 03:58:39 pm »

If we just damage the doors, we could probably repair them afterwards with sheet metal. The ship will still be skyworthy!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2017, 12:28:36 am »

Moneys Left: $1,119,325

Spoiler: Helicopter Storage (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Swine Log (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Donald Trump (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Glass Nox (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Nirur Emma (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: SmokeMirrors Han (click to show/hide)
Gas Mask

Spoiler: Egan Nina (click to show/hide)

Map:

ERRANT approaches the town from the east. Neon signs blazing from 4 helicopters. Pepsi has come to the aid of this small town.

We are near 1st Avenue, King Street. In our immediate vicinity, about 100 meters west, is a small church that might provide a vantage point. There is movement in the treeline north of the highschool about 300 meters away, within small arms range. You suspect that there may be hostiles in the school itself.

The UFO is parked just east of the highschool.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 03:21:51 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2017, 01:27:29 am »

The only action we can process is this one:

He will also make a rousing speech about how today, the conservative forces of Capitalistic America defeat those dirty alien invaders, full of lots of blanket ad-hominem about the aliens and self-aggrandizement.  The speech is broadcasted to all the pepsicopters too, and whatever recording infrastructure Pepsi is using, of course.

During the flight in, Trump broadcasts an inspiring speach: d20+6: (10+6=16)

He reaffirms his commitment to a wall, and removing all illegal aliens from america the civilized world, whether they are from Earth, Syria, Betelgeuse, or Hades itself. He envisions a world without the surplus unemployables, without squatters, beggars, Ombres, kidnappers and rapists. Where everyone is a hardworking, dedicated employee dedicated to generating better bottom lines for the righteous.

These aliens, he says, are harassing good productive folks, like you and me. We need to show them what happens to people who don't belong. We need to kill every last one of them.

The pepsimen, most of whom were military veterans before becoming cheap mercenaries, nod and approve. Less aliens, more killing, and more jobs for everyone.

Emma Ace is flying the giant HALO MI-26 helicopter

Nini and Han find the safest parts of the heavy copter and hide in there under the luggage.

Trump lets it hang, taking one of the door guns and waving to anyone watching in general.

Mr Nox takes the other door gun, as a "sniping" position.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2017, 01:54:14 am »

Retroactively make sure Nox, Emma, Halthor, and Han get thermal cams, and that Shin and Nox's mook get a thermal cam and gas mask as well.

Then, deploy using this plan:
Spoiler: Plan (click to show/hide)

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2017, 03:15:56 am »

So you're going to fly as close to the enemy as possible to drop tear gas on them, which may or may not work on the hostile soldiers. There are also civilians in the area...

Is everyone in agreement with this plan?

You can have the thermal cams.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2017, 03:19:13 am »

I'm going to send disposable mooks close to the enemy to test for AA and deploy tear gas which at minimum offers concealment, yes.  As for civvies, there's not much smoke on their positions, and I don't much care anyway; better than getting probed, and Trump's got lots of experience with lawsuits.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2017, 07:25:34 am »

We want to capture aliens, Trump, not just kill them all. We need them for Vahlen.

Be on the lookout for alien movement; if I see one, shoot at it. That is, go on overwatch.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8