Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: ERRANT: UFO Defense Redux  (Read 11220 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: ERRANT: UFO Defense Redux
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2017, 09:24:10 pm »

:(
But I was enjoying this...
I didnt even get to do anything  :(

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2017, 01:47:18 am »

Sorry, I was ill and sleeping all day for the last week.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2017, 01:50:53 am »

Alexandra shall advance and slay the ayy away with large bullets!
Nina shall find better cover.

Advance moving to cover, shooting any spotted ayy's

Advance carefully, moving from cover to cover, staying at each location for a few moments to see if I can spot any aliens. If I do see aliens, alert the rest of the squad, and then fire.

((Not used to you changing prices after I get a quote, oh well.  Parachute spam was already ruined by seat limitations.))

Send twelve mooks, in the heavy chopper, around in a big circle to the northeast.  I want to drop them at king street and 5th avenue, then have them slowly advance while watching our eastern flank.  The chopper will then retreat out of range, but stay in the air, ready to come assist if needed. Nirur Torir has carte blanche to do as he pleases with the chopper.  Sokolov is in the chopper, manning a door gun, and will not disembark.

As for Trump, he'll advance aggressively southeast, deploying smoke for cover, and shooting at any ayys that are visible using thermal.  He'll make an effort to stay at the front of the team.

The squad advances south east... They reach St Patrick's and see their 2 downed copters about 100 meters away! About 200 meters away they spot a squad of advancing aliens, who spot them too!

The big helicopter goes round to Kings street, 5th Avenue with Emma and 12 redshirts.

Emma follows the flight plan. Restricted to trivial tasks, she cracks open a beer upon landing.
My mook will remain at a door gun, ready to fire on an hostile in range.

Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2017, 01:57:05 am »

Deploy smoke as cover. Stay behind the hardest available cover, don't return fire.
Alexandria: Dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka dakka!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 04:24:53 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2017, 08:00:26 am »

Take cover, and snipe down one of those x-rays.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2017, 03:57:08 pm »

« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 03:58:42 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2017, 07:09:52 pm »

Smoke them and move charge to cover firing wildly
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]