Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I need some feedback.  (Read 1628 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
I need some feedback.
« on: June 11, 2017, 10:42:28 am »

I have two things I'm deciding between. A few people have voted on them but I'm looking for a larger sample size.

1. A game called "Deep Carbon". Scientific drilling has uncovered, miles deep within the earth, a honeycomb of caves, rivers subterranean seas and unseen life forms. The nature and scope of this discovery has been kept secret and governmental powers are eagerly exploring the substrata, looking for anything they can use. Originally scientists and "real" explorers were used but the lower worlds proved too dangerous, so now all manner of prisoner, mercenary, loner and men who will not be missed are used. The players are stationed on a drilling ship and inserted deep into the earth to explore. Sometimes they will have specific objectives, sometimes they will just be tasked with figuring out what this place is. This game has a more ER style feel to it but set in the modern world and with the caveat that humans shall remain decidedly human (unless external fuckery occurs). There are no magics or shit available to humans, though they might find magical things to use or get some of that reality cancer.  Its got a more expeditionary feel to it, being shoved in and then exploring before getting out.

2.A game called "The Bowels of God": Earth has been eaten. Or perhaps it is still being eaten. No one knows. But you're inside it; trying to make a living in a world of flesh. Explore the labyrinthine guts, meet other races that have had their planets destroyed, interact with the parasites and generated species within the belly of god, and try to make sense of this new and hostile world. Has anyone seen episode 4 of the samurai jack season 5? Yeah, kind of like that. This game is much more "tribal". More crafting using organic shit, more monster hunter style better gear via monster parts, and more "go here and do this because our children are dying of the flesh rot" rather than "Go here and do this because the secretive government leaders want to speak the language of techtonic plates and control earthquakes."

Those are the two choices. Which seems more interesting to you? Feel free to ask questions.

The poll is here:

http://www.strawpoll.me/13158649

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: I need some feedback.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 03:29:47 pm »

We got a few more people voting and the vote is still somewhat even, with deep carbon in the lead by 2.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 03:38:33 pm »

IMO, the second one's name is a bit offputing but the concept is definitely interesting compared to deep carbon, especially with no defined solid objective (unless you want to try killing the thing eating planets.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2017, 11:02:08 pm »

We are nearly tied. Uh oh. I was hoping for a clear outcome!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 02:17:51 am »

And votes are even. You know what this means?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 02:23:57 am »

(Sorry)

What does it mean?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 03:38:22 am »

It means pw have to do both. Or scrap both. Or roll the black dice.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 06:34:07 pm »

It means pw have to do both. Or scrap both. Or roll the black dice.
Hmmm....WE SHALL LET FATE DECIDE!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 08:58:22 pm »

Fuse 'em! A drilling ship was sent to investigate the interior of the earth, leaving its occupants safe for when the earth was consumed. Remnants of the earth still litter the bowels, and it seems that the same being that dug those tunnels is somehow tied to the beast you are all in. Find the ruins of your earth before they're dissolved, and use them to figure out what this monster is, and how to prevent more societies from becoming Elder-chow.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2017, 09:03:55 pm »

Fuse 'em! A drilling ship was sent to investigate the interior of the earth, leaving its occupants safe for when the earth was consumed. Remnants of the earth still litter the bowels, and it seems that the same being that dug those tunnels is somehow tied to the beast you are all in. Find the ruins of your earth before they're dissolved, and use them to figure out what this monster is, and how to prevent more societies from becoming Elder-chow.
YES. I would play the shit out of this.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2017, 09:08:06 pm »

Oops. Thought I was breaking the tie. I instead appear to have prolonged it.

Ah well.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 08:26:46 am »

Hmmm. Or perhaps a colony ship lands on a planet only to find it is a living organism and that it is now on route to earth to devour it. And now they must find some way to penetrate to the planet's heart and kill it before it destroys Earth?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 08:45:35 am »

Hmmm. Or perhaps a colony ship lands on a planet only to find it is a living organism and that it is now on route to earth to devour it. And now they must find some way to penetrate to the planet's heart and kill it before it destroys Earth?
and maybe while drilling through it, they find the ruins of dozens of various different planets the beast has already eaten? I'd be up for that.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 09:00:03 am »

and maybe while drilling through it, they find the ruins of dozens of various different planets the beast has already eaten? I'd be up for that.
Yes. Very yes.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 10:07:26 am »

Can I reserve a spot for this before it is even made? Otherwise I won't be able to get in.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating
Pages: [1] 2