Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126]

Author Topic: Brexit! Conversation Continued  (Read 177670 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Brexit! Conversation Continued
« Reply #1875 on: June 07, 2017, 10:54:45 am »

I'm with Sheb on this one. Our brave, brave Sir Robin is so afraid of his imagined threat of genocide that he's willing to endorse actual genocide.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: June 07, 2017, 11:07:26 am »

Ok, so you don't want to kill Muslims to stop terrorism, you want to kill them to preserve a white ethno-state.

Now I guess the next step in the discussion is you complaining when people call you a nazi.
I'm with Sheb on this one. Our brave, brave Sir Robin is so afraid of his imagined threat of genocide that he's willing to endorse actual genocide.
Tell me this.

If whites are not allowed to have an ethnostate, they why does nobody seem to bat an eye at non-white countries trying to preserve their ethnostates?

Quote from: smjjames
Are you implying that drugs and related problems aren't enough? Mexico is basically a failed state run by cartels.

Quote from: Ispil
That's the "popular" argument, but it has issues.
1. It assumes the rate will continue to drop, or at least stay low, forever.
2. It assumes importing new people will solve this problem.

Option 1 doesn't make sense. The biological imperative will never allow that, unless outside forces pressure for it, which would be the aforementioned genocide.
Option 2 also doesn't make sense. If it's the economic model that causes it, then they will suffer the same fate. If the economic model is NOT the primary cause of declining birthrates, then this is forced demographic replacement, and therefor genocide.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: June 07, 2017, 11:15:45 am »

My post mentioned explicitly that it only applies to those who actually consider themselves of the same culture as the country in question. A failure to integrate (due to aforementioned lack of patriotism, possibly stemming from a "glory days are behind us" attitude in culture) means that the new-coming immigrants would not also suffer this issue. It's a curious confluence of economics and culture.

That is, it's not the economic model that hurts birth rates. It's the economic effect on culture that does.
You edited it after I had started typing up my post, and I didn't realize it.

As for Japan, it will stabilize. It's honestly way overcrowded, anyways. It will be a little painful getting there, but then the pain is gone, and they don't have to make irreversible changes to their people and culture to do it.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: June 07, 2017, 11:16:51 am »

Ok, so you don't want to kill Muslims to stop terrorism, you want to kill them to preserve a white ethno-state.

Now I guess the next step in the discussion is you complaining when people call you a nazi.
Tell me this.

If whites are not allowed to have an ethnostate, they why does nobody seem to bat an eye at non-white countries trying to preserve their ethnostates?

*ahem* Isn't every country in Europe a white ethnostate? Maybe you could look towards Iceland?

My post mentioned explicitly that it only applies to those who actually consider themselves of the same culture as the country in question. A failure to integrate (due to aforementioned lack of patriotism, possibly stemming from a "glory days are behind us" attitude in culture) means that the new-coming immigrants would not also suffer this issue. It's a curious confluence of economics and culture.

That is, it's not the economic model that hurts birth rates. It's the economic effect on culture that does.
You edited it after I had started typing up my post, and I didn't realize it.

As for Japan, it will stabilize. It's honestly way overcrowded, anyways. It will be a little painful getting there, but then the pain is gone, and they don't have to make irreversible changes to their people and culture to do it.

I am a white person and you disgust me.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: June 07, 2017, 11:29:17 am »

*ahem* Isn't every country in Europe a white ethnostate? Maybe you could look towards Iceland?
>Just move to an increasingly smaller area. I SWEAR we won't come after you again like we did all those other times!
Isn't every country in africa a black ethnostate? Isn't every country in the middle east an arab ethnostate? Isn't every east asian country an oriental ethnostate?

I am a white person and you disgust me.
I don't give a fuck what color you are. Your opinions are still shit.

Yes, but most other countries with the same issue don't have overcrowding as an excuse.
My point still stands, perhaps even moreso. Those other countries should stabilize even faster

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: June 07, 2017, 11:33:42 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Stabilize"
"Projection"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: June 07, 2017, 11:39:35 am »

Then how else would you prefer to argue the subject? Birth rates are declining, globally. Pure and simple. You expect there to be a rebound, but there's no evidence that such a rebound would happen.

The entire first half of that image isn't projection. It's actual estimate. You can see the decline for yourself.

Though Mali (I think that's Mali?) stays a bit high for a while compared to the rest of Africa for some reason.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: June 07, 2017, 11:45:07 am »

Then how else would you prefer to argue the subject? Birth rates are declining, globally. Pure and simple. You expect there to be a rebound, but there's no evidence that such a rebound would happen.

The entire first half of that image isn't projection. It's actual estimate. You can see the decline for yourself.
That is but a single model. Other projections are quite different.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: June 07, 2017, 11:52:23 am »

That is but a single model. Other projections are quite different.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

It's not the only simulation/projection, that's true. Although, I wonder if any of them take into account the side effects of global warming, including the fact that food supplies will change. Though that'd probably just make it even more complex.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #1884 on: June 07, 2017, 01:43:22 pm »

I've read enough.  Lagslayer is out.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126]