RoseHeart:
Forum Games & Roleplaying
PLAYER RECRUITMENT THREAD

✎Daren Kazzarch ✎MadMonkey ✎roseheart
•=(==> •=(==> •=(==> The Forum Game List <==)=• <==)=• <==)=•
(click to view Google doc)

Spoiler: Hubs (click to show/hide)DROP-IN
Above Poster
Respond the previous poster as described by the rules.

Origin: Possibly the oldest and most primitive forum games were of these "play by post" variety.

Spamkingdom
All play the ruler with rapidly updating multiple choice decisions.

Origin: Created by Haspen.

ISG - Image Suggestion Game
All play the protagonist in a tale with visual storytelling.

You Can't Die
No matter how dire things get, there's one thing you can count on.

TEAM
Arms Race
Multiple factions design new tech to battle against their opponents.

Origin:

--- Quote from: Iris on April 01, 2022, 11:58:23 am ---As a genre, it was codified by Sensei; however, the design lineage can be seen in several early one-sided "design bureau" games before Sensei introduced the modern form. I wouldn't say the genre was created by anyone, only that Sensei introduced the first recognizable Arms Race. Many others have improved upon the basic formula, like Draignean.

--- End quote ---

Fire Emblem on Forums
Player characters join forces in campaigns divided into chapters.

Origin: Created by Haspen.

RPG on Forums
Tabletop gaming played online.

SOLO
God Game
Each play as a god, puppet masters of the world below them.

Picture Wars
Command your pixel forces on the battlefield!

Wikipedia Wars
Battle with upgrades from random Wikipedia articles.

MORE
Roll To Dodge Subforum
Feeling lucky? Got an advantage? Don't overshoot!

Mafia Subforum
There's a wolf in sheep's clothing among this crowd...

DF Community Games & Stories
For a more Dwarf Fortress centered playground.

Forum Game Portfolios
Archive your games or browse the collection of others.

Delinquent Players Help
The mercenaries, of forum games.

Other Forum Game Websites
It's a beautiful place in the neighborhood.

Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)RESOURCES
Gamer's Block
Get forum-game design feedback from your Bay 12 peers.

Game Requests & Ideas
See what people want and express your own desires.

Roller's Block
Get RTD design feedback.

Sigtext
Stash quotes and alternate Forum Game portfolio.

Board Game Discussion
Play games face-to-face!.. Or talk about it online anyway.

Writer's Apprenticeship
Get writing feedback from your Bay 12 peers.

BBC Help
Reference for the forum code used here, and other tricks.

Color Names
Express yourself!

Version History

Previous Game Lists
2016-2017 by Zanzetkuken The Great
2014-2015 by Squeegy
2013 by Phantom of The Library
2011-2012 by Criptfeind
2010-2011 by Cheddarius

Also
Forum Game List by Cinder

Yes, I know it is spelled "squeaky".∆

Highlight below for game list thread replacement procedure:
The Google Doc was added so that even if the topic creator (me, in this iteration) ever became inactive as is natural to happen at some point, the forum game list could still retain functionality. However, there are some situations in which despite this, my thread should be replaced if I become inactive and these problems arise: 1. Hub threads have been replaced but the links here do not go to the new ones, or similarly new hubs for new game genres are not being represented. 2. Something else about the thread that would benefit from change or new content. If one of these conditions have been met and I am unavailable to rectify them then congrats, you're just the person we need to make a new game list thread(hey, you're reading this, that gives you my vote). If I am still around but just lost interest, it may be worthwhile to have me explain the transfer to ToadyOne, otherwise you must ask him to pin your new thread yourself. Goodluck.

Welcome to the ♫♪ SQUEEE-EAKY RAT! ♫♪

This is the Official Forum Games and Roleplaying Player Recruitment Thread, and game list Google document. You can find the only multiplayer games B12 is likely to have anything to do with here. Forum Games can take many forms, some are like boardgames, some are like interactive stories, some have a Game Master (GM) running the show, and others just follow the rules they set and proceed on their own, but they all need players.

Instructions:

1. Post your game. Include the title, the description of the basic gameplay and story, and the link.
2. You can add your game to The Game List Google spreadsheet. It will stay up for 2 months if there's more than 15 listings from the current and previous year combined, then volunteers will move it to the the Archive tab of the same document. You can renew the post date to keep it on the list longer.
3. The background color of your entry will change based on which tag you put in the type/category box. You can see all of the tags the doc recognizes, and suggest new ones, in the Tags tab.
4. Incase of shenanigans, use these instructions to restore a previous version. Easy enough.
5. The standards set by the Forum Guidelines are to be applied to all contributions to the Google doc.
6. Need a meeting place for your game on Discord? The Bay 12 Inn abides the same rules as these forums. You can reserve a channel (a 'room') for your use. Please announce when you are done, a room that is inactive for 2 weeks can be claimed by a new group.

For game design feedback and discussion head on over to the Gaming Block, and see 1001 Real GM Tips to receive and impart some sage advice. If you need to replace an inactive or quitting player, you can post a want ad in the Delinquent Players Help thread. Still not sure where to start? Why not browse all the best games in the history of Bay 12 at the Hall of Fame?

AoshimaMichio:
Your link seems to be "read only" link.

RoseHeart:
Hmm, try posting this url directly.

--- Code: ---https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/177sIGwMqyfFPAckhcpuFIa1VmCjbR6FNYK7nn1zxg68/edit?usp=drivesdk
--- End code ---

I have it as "anyone with a link can edit".

AoshimaMichio:

--- Quote from: roseheart on June 12, 2017, 03:59:32 am ---
--- Code: ---https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/177sIGwMqyfFPAckhcpuFIa1VmCjbR6FNYK7nn1zxg68/edit?usp=drivesdk
--- End code ---

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that works, but the link you have in OP is view only link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/177sIGwMqyfFPAckhcpuFIa1VmCjbR6FNYK7nn1zxg68/htmlview

RoseHeart:
Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version