Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Forum Game List: BRING OUT YER DEAD!  (Read 213452 times)

Doopna64

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Game List: BRING OUT YER DEAD!
« Reply #210 on: January 08, 2023, 01:27:42 pm »

When I joined I found a game thread where the voters were managing logistics for a war effort. Can anyone recall what I mean or where to find it?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 08, 2023, 05:39:00 pm »

I think you might be referring to an "Arms Race" game.
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 11, 2023, 11:14:17 am »

Yep that’s an arms race. Currently there’s only one running, Chiaroscuro 2 by NUKE9.13 (but doesn’t require knowledge or experience with the first game). It is a strictly magical fantasy setting, and the logistical aspects aren’t as prominent as they were a few years back - for instance we no longer see transport capacity in use to determine which of your resources you can actually use - so I don’t quite know if it’ll scratch an itch.

I’ve got a good few games under my belt if you’re looking for a read. I’d link em but I’m on a phone wrangling a toddler. Warbiz is probably closest to what the latest arms races have looked like mechanically, and there’s a good few short and abandoned games out there (as most arms races unfortunately tend to become). But I *am* working on a Cold War science fiction arms race roughly based on two of my previous games, Industrialized Warfare and Mechanized Warfare, if’n you’ve got an interest in that. As with Nuke’s chiaroscuro there’d be no need to be familiar with the other two games, but a few people might suggest reading them for fun anyways. (Me being one of those people, I think it’s a good view of how arms races adjusted over a period, plus I just think they’re frickin cool).

And in order to keep from only tooting my own horn, besides both Chiaroscuros and my things, if you’re looking for some good reads then I’d suggest Intercontinental Arms Race, the father of modern arms races by Sensei, Draignean’s War of the Cinder Spires (probably has peak arms race logistics), Mad Arms Race, and Iron Behemoths. They’re the ones that’ve impacted my arms raceing personally, and they also all managed to get a good number of updates before ending or dying.

And if logistical decisions were your main draw I think you might enjoy looking over piratejoe’s arms races although I can’t remember any of their names at the moment.

Welcome to the meatgrinder. Enjoy your stay.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #213 on: April 04, 2023, 05:02:56 am »

Check out Way Too Minimalist Forum Game. Probably the crown jewel on my forum game carrier. No where to go from here but down.
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 15, 2023, 07:24:41 pm »

Sign-ups open for The Work, a game in which a group of cosmic artisans create a world and its inhabitants.

In other words, it's a god game with a couple of twists. Another reason to join: this game might actually finish, as it will last no more than six turns.
One wheel short of a wagon

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 21, 2023, 03:15:03 am »

Trying to reboot The Imperial Question, a forum game that uses the Traveller RPG ruleset as an "engine" of sorts, and where I slightly overwhelmed myself a while ago by writing a 13000 word character generation post a while back (phew!).

I'm trying to get it started again and it's lost players over the course of the long inactivity, and if anyone is interested in a weird hybrid of Wh40k, Star Wars, Victorian Britain, and a bunch of other strange vibes in a universe I built based loosely on a CK2 playthrough that I turned into an Aurora 4x playthrough, swing by and feel free to pick up a character.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #216 on: September 18, 2023, 12:27:37 pm »

Keyforged
A collaborative kingdom fantasy sim where players take on hybrid GM roles by joining guilds and expanding the world.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 10:00:58 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 22, 2023, 05:32:01 pm »

Schizophrenoida

A social deception game where players control the mind of a protagonist and try to get them successfully to the end of the day, and where the antagonist players invent fake scenes that the players have to differentiate from to succeed.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 15, 2023, 04:05:27 pm »

Competitive Evolution: Season 4

This post is mainly here because in Turn 14 (As of now, 13), plants will make landfall, and so will the players. Many new niches will be opened. It will be prime time to join in.

The smaller reason is so that this post will serve as an archival entry to the game itself. So that it stays up even if goes down.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 05, 2024, 05:02:46 pm »

Could it be? Are the forums back up! Hooray!
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #220 on: March 14, 2024, 05:49:07 pm »

Welcome back!
Awesome With Autism

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 12, 2024, 12:34:07 am »

Wiki-Warfare: Operation Nocturne!

A new version of the classic game, up to ten players battle eachother with randomly-generated characters, Chunky Salsa rules, and a unique set of gamemodes! With a slight nod towards story and roleplaying, it's fun for competitors and worldbuilders alike!
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]