Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Forum Game List: BRING OUT YER DEAD!  (Read 212605 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
Forum Game List: BRING OUT YER DEAD!
« on: June 11, 2017, 03:08:28 pm »

Forum Games & Roleplaying
PLAYER RECRUITMENT THREAD

•=(==> •=(==> •=(==> The Forum Game List <==)=• <==)=• <==)=•
(click to view Google doc)

Spoiler: Hubs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Resources (click to show/hide)

Welcome to the ♫♪ SQUEEE-EAKY RAT! ♫♪

This is the Official Forum Games and Roleplaying Player Recruitment Thread, and game list Google document. You can find the only multiplayer games B12 is likely to have anything to do with here. Forum Games can take many forms, some are like boardgames, some are like interactive stories, some have a Game Master (GM) running the show, and others just follow the rules they set and proceed on their own, but they all need players.

Instructions:

1. Post your game. Include the title, the description of the basic gameplay and story, and the link.
2. You can add your game to The Game List Google spreadsheet. It will stay up for 2 months if there's more than 15 listings from the current and previous year combined, then volunteers will move it to the the Archive tab of the same document. You can renew the post date to keep it on the list longer.
3. The background color of your entry will change based on which tag you put in the type/category box. You can see all of the tags the doc recognizes, and suggest new ones, in the Tags tab.
4. Incase of shenanigans, use these instructions to restore a previous version. Easy enough.
5. The standards set by the Forum Guidelines are to be applied to all contributions to the Google doc.
6. Need a meeting place for your game on Discord? The Bay 12 Inn abides the same rules as these forums. You can reserve a channel (a 'room') for your use. Please announce when you are done, a room that is inactive for 2 weeks can be claimed by a new group.

For game design feedback and discussion head on over to the Gaming Block, and see 1001 Real GM Tips to receive and impart some sage advice. If you need to replace an inactive or quitting player, you can post a want ad in the Delinquent Players Help thread. Still not sure where to start? Why not browse all the best games in the history of Bay 12 at the Hall of Fame?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 05:17:58 pm by RoseHeart »
Awesome With Autism

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarf's Guide to the Forum Game Universe
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 02:14:14 am »

Your link seems to be "read only" link.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 03:59:32 am »

Hmm, try posting this url directly.

Code: [Select]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/177sIGwMqyfFPAckhcpuFIa1VmCjbR6FNYK7nn1zxg68/edit?usp=drivesdk
I have it as "anyone with a link can edit".
Awesome With Autism

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 05:51:51 am »

Code: [Select]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/177sIGwMqyfFPAckhcpuFIa1VmCjbR6FNYK7nn1zxg68/edit?usp=drivesdk

Yeah, that works, but the link you have in OP is view only link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/177sIGwMqyfFPAckhcpuFIa1VmCjbR6FNYK7nn1zxg68/htmlview
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 06:01:56 am »

Thanks!
Awesome With Autism

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 05:12:48 pm »

You may want to include the hub threads in the one I had created in the OP to this one and to contact Toady to do a replacement of mine.  As well, you may want to have a secondary doc for the purposes of archival and viewing in addition to the doc for seeking players.  Further, you may want to do either a couple of modifications or open a third doc for games that don't utilize player counts (largely suggestion games, but there are likely others), and maybe an indication of whether the game is seeking new players, or for players to replace individuals that have dropped out.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 09:19:50 am »

"You may want to include the hub threads in the one I had created in the OP to this one"
Done.

"and to contact Toady to do a replacement of mine."
Yep.

"As well, you may want to have a secondary doc for the purposes of archival and viewing in addition to the doc for seeking players. Further, you may want to do either a couple of modifications or open a third doc for games that don't utilize player counts (largely suggestion games, but there are likely others), and maybe an indication of whether the game is seeking new players, or for players to replace individuals that have dropped out."
An archive doc is a possibility, as are other specialized documents. Yet until the first one gets more activity, and warrents it, I'm not going to break things up.

-If it is a suggestion game or other non sign up type game, they can leave spots open blank,
-if they need replacements they can count it as spots open.
Also, the Portfolios, Squeegie's, Yours, and my threads' posts can and has acted as a natural archive.
But if this takes off and adding more docs would have a benefit and seem necessary then at that time I'd agree.

Update: Dec 8, 17
Archive Tab added to doc.

Update: Apr 1, 18
Removed version history from this post, now here, because I forgot about this one.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 08:53:19 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2017, 08:18:21 am »

This game of hot potato between game list hosts amuse me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio

Today I would like to unveil the new version of this document. This is actually even a surprise to me so it's an extra special event. We are proud to unveil the Festival of Bs. Anyway on my phone I cannot revert to a previous version of the document if someone could do so that be appreciated.
Awesome With Autism

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile

I restored some readable version. Title is still fucked though.

How did that happen in first place?
Old sigs.
Games.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2017, 02:57:56 pm »

As it seems time to do so I will take a moment to address vandalism. I can guarantee it is definitely a waste of the vandal's time more than anyone else. This list is the equivalent of a sticky note board. Vandalism is really like tearing them down or writing on them. The point is it doesn't matter: forum games fill up within a few days usually so even if anything was lost it would be like squishing someone's sandcastle it's not really too big of a deal. This whole tool is meant to be a day today convenience that is why it's not currently set up to be an archive.
Awesome With Autism

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2017, 04:36:56 am »

Silicon Chip Cookie is my suggestion game which has been getting unfairly little input.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 11:20:11 pm »

Silicon Chip Cookie is my suggestion game which has been getting unfairly little input.
I'm reading it, for the record. I just feel woefully unqualified to comment.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: The Forum Game Directory
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 04:11:16 pm »

Errant Space, an RPG forum game about adventures in a turbulent galaxy. Looking for about 5 players, though there are a few applicants already.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
Re: The Forum Game Directory
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2017, 09:10:19 pm »

A thought occurs. Maybe we should also have a google doc that lists potential players and what kind of games they would be interested in?
You arrive at a mysterious castle filled with people whose statements are always false. Which one do you vote for?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15