Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Favorite Human Panthion (Ye Olde)  (Read 625 times)

coolphoton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Favorite Human Panthion (Ye Olde)
« on: June 11, 2017, 05:24:34 pm »

I was looking thru my legend on a (sadly) nonhuman world gen and saw a massively military Pantheon: a Dance/Revelry goddess, a Strength/Misery/Torture god and a Mineral/Metal/Healing god. It got me wondering if anyone else runs world gens looking for specific domains, and what there favorites were. personally, I really look for strength and dance for a human fort.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Human Panthion (Ye Olde)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 10:27:56 pm »

It's been years but my favorite deity is still the cavespider-shaped goddess of the Sun I had in GhostlyTaught. I had this massive metropolis on the barren tundra so there wasn't any farming to do and anyone that left the safety of my covered hallways for more than a minute would get covered in frost from one of the supernatural blizzards scouring the land. The Duke had basically nothing to do with most of his time as I picked him specifically for his level temperament so he could calm the rest of the fort down whenever, which naturally meant that he was also the priest because everyone else was either hard at work pulling fish out of the guildpools, hunting, building ever more houses or trading stuff for sunshine.

Anyway, the Duke's only functional goddess was N-something, and he worshiped her constantly. I think her influence was in the lower 2,000,000s by the time I quarried too deep and killed everyone. But there wasn't much effect except every now and then an edge of the map would burst into flames before the blizzards put it out with extreme cold, and then some peasants would rush over there to grab a large knife or some pile of armor for the smelters.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle