Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A promising World file for MW  (Read 855 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
A promising World file for MW
« on: June 10, 2017, 03:34:42 pm »

I've been spending some time on my world-crafting shenanigans lately, and created one with Masterwork settings that I just had to share.

External picture link, because the image is freaking huge (Legends export)

Features
- two large oceans, 1 good & 1 evil, for all manner of beach time !FUN!  Also it was necessary in order to create the rivers and waterfalls.

- natural waterfalls (although I was successfully able to create & adjust more using the brush-painting feature of Perfect World).

- A single large mountain formation, plus several smaller ones, allowing the Dwarves a buffer to establish themselves in the world.  Occasionally Dwarves are extinct, but that is a rare occurrence.

- Highly mixed and diverse biomes.  You can easily get 3+ biomes in your embark if you really want, although the resulting site tends to resemble a magical sneeze :-\

- Vanilla races can usually hold their own, despite the insane number of Beasts and hostile races/invaders (assuming you have them enabled).

- Edit: The North 1/5 of the world is frozen, covering mountain, ocean, and all manner of biomes.  Just in case you want to see what a tiger-popsicle looks like.

Just copy the following into your World Gen text file, and create a new world.  Enjoy! :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 03:46:34 pm by Immortal-D »

HydraKnight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A promising World file for MW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 01:04:38 pm »

looks FUN!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A promising World file for MW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 09:19:27 pm »

I'm going to install it in my world gen file and test run it... If its good It will be uploaded to my repo.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal