Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Hailquake - The game of influence - players needed!  (Read 7995 times)

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Hailquake - The game of influence - Dwarves wanted!
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2017, 10:02:14 am »

Just wondering as captain of the guard, shouldn't hiring or maintaining guards be cheaper for me? It would make sense.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2017, 10:04:09 am »

As per the main rules 4.5 states soldiers in the captain of the guard's squad counts as your guards (and so don't cost you any influence).  Now if only we had a militia commander to add some (also won't be having many dwarves in the military until we have more dwarves)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:13:28 am by neblime »
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2017, 10:41:21 am »

Season 2, summer 250
Only 4 migrants came in the first wave which is a shame I wanted more to get work going faster!
Since the 3 council members have a residence for free i put a priority on constructing those to get them situated faster.
The season passed with pretty peaceful development.
Here's a picture of the residential level of the fort so far, you can see the residences of the 3 councildwarves basically done although theres no actual food in their food stockpiles for now, just empty barrels.  These are basically what to expect from a regular residence.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Note: influence losses from having influence too high is coming in to play, if your influence doesn't seem to be rising as fast as you thought that's why.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:43:55 am by neblime »
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2017, 10:44:33 am »

Alright, time to shine.
As the mayor, I hereby decide that part of the fortress shall be located above ground, and the entrance of the fort shall be upgraded into a full fledged village. In the long run, such facilities shall provide accomodation for foreign visitors, and serve as a first lign of defense against invadors. Farm plots shall be worked on outside, and walls should protect the area.

As a lumberjack, I shall work the ingrate job of gathering wood to that effect.

I will also request a residence outside to show my dwarven brothers selflessness and self abnegation. I'd like it made of stone blocks or out of wood.

Glory to Hailquake !

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2017, 12:59:10 pm »

Hm... does not respect law... I think I'll go with chucking in an application for broker.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2017, 07:12:53 pm »

ooh, ambitious plans for a mayor who has never stood for election, let's hope you stay in office long enough to get them done!
Hm... does not respect law... I think I'll go with chucking in an application for broker.
council members vote y/n
votes 0/2 needed
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:26:42 pm by neblime »

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2017, 08:10:28 pm »

Year 1 Season 3, autumn 250
we got 7 migrants this time, that's a bit more like it but still not really enough!
Traders arrived but i didn't have anything to trade so i mostly just ignored them
the outpost liason bought some disturbing news though....
a spate of kidnappings over the last few years.. lets hope the snatchers dont come here..

A kea stole a couple of pieces of thread and some ropes.. I really should put that stuff inside..
work proceeded apace for the rest of the season, we finished the wall as requested by the mayor!
also pictured is the mayor's residence, not quite complete yet so no influence cost will incur this season.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2017, 08:50:30 pm »

Year 1 Season 4, winter 250
A very uneventful season, it sure did snow a lot, no migrants sadly, I really need more warm bodies to get any work done.
Cathar your residence is officially done, so you now incur the influence penalty from having one.
I forgot to take a screenshot before the spring thaw, so it doesn't really capture it's full winter glory.
All those bridges are now hooked up to levers, so if we need to we can seal up the fort (unless the enemy can climb or fly, then we're screwed)
Spoiler: fort status (click to show/hide)
Now that year 1 is over I will be slowing down the turns, at least 12 hours since the last action to play one

also since it's a new year we have to have an election for mayor!
All players can nominate anyone, and/or vote for the incumbent, cathar
also we still have this to vote on
council members vote y/n
votes 0/2 needed

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2017, 11:52:23 pm »

I vote yay for blueturtle as broker and I vote that we take down the mayor position completely and have it be just a honorary title for random dwarfs.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2017, 12:03:48 am »

well that's its own action as per 4.1.2, so do you propose effective removal of the mayor position? if so who/what position is responsible for the day to day business of the fort? (i.e. telling me what to do as overseer)
remove mayor position (please decide what position is in charge of day to day business before this vote can go through)
Council members vote y/n
votes 1/2 needed
Blueturtle is petitioning to become broker
votes 1/2 needed
p.s. i'll make it official that actions need to be in green, thanks for leading the way spriggan
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:05:22 am by neblime »

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2017, 01:38:25 am »

I agree in electing Blueturtle as brooker.

Im an against the removal of the mayor position.
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2017, 01:41:12 am »

I also take another action :

I want to hire 3 guards for my protection (unskilled will do).

(@Neblime : do they cost influence each saison ? just to be sure)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2017, 02:11:39 am »

I agree in electing Blueturtle as brooker.
Im an against the removal of the mayor position.
Vote passed! blueturtle is now broker and gains 3 additional influence!
Removal of mayor
votes 1/2 needed (fakerfangirl yet to vote)
I want to hire 3 guards for my protection (unskilled will do).
(@Neblime : do they cost influence each saison ? just to be sure)
3 guards acquired for a total cost of 9 influence (3 per unskilled), yes they cost 1 influence per season as per section 2.2

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2017, 02:16:31 am »

Just realised a bit of an unfortunate wrinkle in the rules.. if you hire peasants to assasinate someone it might be obvious who it was if you're keeping an eye on influence because your influence will go down.  Any ideas for alternative penalties that arent as obvious anyone?
also @ spriggans and snow may i remind you we are still voting for the next mayor (if spriggans succeeds in keeping it around)
so please cast your vote unless you want to abstain (although this might just be a formality because i think everyone else already has a position so can't take it.. but still)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 02:19:42 am by neblime »

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2017, 03:17:01 am »

Okay. That's right.

I vote we keep our current mayor
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7