Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: Ineth Zafal, a Humankin fortress  (Read 34482 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Ineth Zafal, a Humankin fortress
« Reply #165 on: August 14, 2017, 07:06:40 pm »

Yeah, if I could give any advice, it would be to tear down the current adhoc fort and build a better one with actual barracks and the like.
Favoring reconstruction and addition over tearing down things. The fort is actually quite nice, if a little small.
yeah when i built i had real trouble getting anything done because of lack of migrants, but now with the veritable swarms of humans we possess...
maybe i can tear it down and build a stone one, now that would stand out
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 17, 2017, 03:49:29 am »

Quarrying continues!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
although its starting to become less of a quarry and more of a scarily deep hole out of nowhere
our stone stocks are not zero but they are disturbingly low so i'll try to quarry as much as i can
the wooden walls of the old fort was deconstructed to make way for something grander, although i forgot about the stairs left above and we had a small accident.. (dead guy in the bottom right)

are we allowed to build in the air above the road separating the grid?  I had an idea for a sort of skybridge between my tile and the one to the right
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 17, 2017, 04:26:12 am »

Should be good.

New rule:

Walls can be build crossing roads to connect to other player's walls, but there must be a big enough openable gate to allow a caravan through.

TLDR; as long as a caravan can cross the tile divider, and construction is meant as a bridge to the next tile, everything is ok.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:28:13 am by Bearskie »

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 17, 2017, 09:25:35 am »

Military complex attaching to the Town Houses, Tavern, and Hospital via skyway sounds like modern forward thinking human architecture.  Approved! 

Also, please feel to use the quarry below my district.  Just channel down 1 layer, then build up/down stairs to keep everything "light" within city code. 

You can even probably start a quarry from the military complex, then connect to the existing one below the roads and moat too.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 17, 2017, 10:00:02 am »

Once I get my quarry through the aquifer, which I can manage in my next turn if we don't get attacked by goblins, our stone worries should be over.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 17, 2017, 10:46:18 am »

Sign me up!

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 17, 2017, 10:50:43 am »

^ You're gonna have to need to choose a tile first  :P

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 17, 2017, 10:51:42 am »

Added you to the list.

You have until your turn to pick a tile.

You don't need to do it immediately.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 17, 2017, 11:14:34 am »

Once I get my quarry through the aquifer, which I can manage in my next turn if we don't get attacked by goblins, our stone worries should be over.

How we going to have obsidian?  Magma Piston?

I hear we have Bearskie, a tower builder and destroyer next in line?!

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 17, 2017, 11:18:04 am »

I'm sure the hole can reach magma eventually.

Magma piston doesn't follow the guidelines given, as humans are unable to master such feats of physics abuse.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 17, 2017, 11:31:58 am »

Aw cmon, I just knock down one tower and I become known as a tower-destroyer for the rest of mah life. :'(

But aye, it's probably going to be something tall, ridiculous and entirely focused on waving my e-peen around.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2017, 11:33:52 am »

So no impulse ramps, even on constructed "light" buildings. 

Still workable once a hole is dug, to construct green glass pump stack, powered by aquifer generators on the surface.  I think we have sand.

We got plenty of trees for fuel too, but I would like to get some magma-filled minecarts to start surface smelter, forge, and at least 1 glassmaker. 

But I think iron is scarce, so hoping there is garnierite / nickel available for minecarts.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2017, 11:07:51 pm »

I cant help but notice we have a huge variety of stone blocks of different colours, since the bulk of the nice grey diorite has already been used.
So I will be making a rather multicoloured building

I didn't notice this quant fellow arrive, but suddenly he's in a meeting with the duchess...
Predictably enough he asks us to stop cutting down trees
I can't really imagine how we could limit ourselves, however I thought i'd ask the rest of you before potentially plunging us into hostilities with the elves...
what do you guys think?

JStheguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 17, 2017, 11:18:19 pm »

I'll be honest, 100 trees in a single year sounds like a reasonable limit. Hell, I'm not even sure if there ARE 100 trees on site.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2017, 11:24:26 pm »

He basically doesn't want to see 100 logs lying around when he comes next year, if my understanding is correct.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26