Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26

Author Topic: Ineth Zafal, a Humankin fortress  (Read 34432 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: Ineth Zafal, a Humankin fortress
« Reply #315 on: October 19, 2017, 06:24:07 pm »

In my low experience, sieges tend to prefer to come at the start of seasons, though if they're ambushers they may hide.
Turns out, the problem wasn't with the water, problem was with a plant with a material value of -1.
Literally makes you poorer to have it...

jk, I know it means missing material value. Though that is odd.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 20, 2017, 01:23:12 pm »

Wow, something really doesn't like that artificial tree tile in armok vision.

More errors popped up.

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 22, 2017, 07:22:00 pm »

Turns out, the problem wasn't with the water, problem was with a plant with a material value of -1.

Ahh useless plants, like trees. 
Trees are kinds to elfs. 
Therefore, elf-kins are less than worthless.

I'd like to point out - with glee - that sometimes, when dealing with software configuration, a "-1" actually means "infinite".
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 23, 2017, 01:46:51 am »

New map!

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 23, 2017, 10:51:43 am »

/ooc update: I played slowly (~20 FPS) over the weekend, that I actually fell asleep on my chair.  I wrote notes on what mundane things that happened. But nothing too exciting.  I reach summer at least with progress in some project.

At this rate, I don't think I want the headache of a siege.  Is it ok to set invaders to 0 for the rest of my turn?  Yeah, it's lame, but I don't feel like delving in too deep and just want to clean up corpses, make clothes, make booze, let kids stuck in trees dehydrate, flood the tree with wooden caskets, build a wall and make you pay for it, build nice roads, mine gold, quarry granite, stuff like that. 

I designated 55 pages of xClothesx to be hauled to the depot but the merchants announce they aren't willing to wait and left.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 23, 2017, 10:54:48 am »

At least you already have one of the only two defensible squares.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 23, 2017, 08:01:49 pm »

Japa's tile has the best idea - dig a hole so useless that even the goblins don't want to go near it.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 23, 2017, 11:12:48 pm »

Ch 5: Tersus Sursum Libellum Supplicem

1 Granite, 258

Apparently, there a few more issues to be addressed.
Spoiler: There are 163 animals: (click to show/hide)
I marked most of them for butchering.  I hope we have a butcher.  What? No butcher.  Ok, let me see… Dolak, a human (not really, just a titled dwarf) brewer, you’re a butcher now.

But save the lambs and baby alpacas.

A small step to progress, alas!  A human miner named Nhaniz is building the rutile skybridge to access D2.

Onul, a ghostly miner toppled a chestnut table in The Treasury of Spears library. 

There were a dozen coffins available, so I assigned them to be lain with the other burial receptacles.

‘Bora’, a human mechanic is stumbling around obliviously.  Ok, I hope you fall in the river to help end your misery sooner.

I hear sparring, and it’s just something that make you pause.

Ahh, Kadol, a ghostly brewer has been put to rest.

Yes, more progress.  A cavy pup has been slaughtered and another ghost put to rest.

Still waiting for the rutile bridge.

Urdim, an armorer on the way to store items in the tomb, is experiencing an emotional shock in the middle of The Notched Temple full of remains.
Spoiler: emotional shock (click to show/hide)
11 Granite

Yonali, an elven diplomat from Imara Nisa has arrived.  I hope finds his way to the tree people.

Edbi, a human miner completed the retracting rutile bridge.  Now to build stairs and reach inside.
Spoiler: Access fo D2 (click to show/hide)

As soon as we enter D2, a commotion is going on at the tavern’s basement.   A mother peahen is beating up a drunk human.  We may have an army of peahens to deploy at this rate.
Spoiler: Peahen vs Human (click to show/hide)
My eyes and ears hurt from the green words of the elf, green as in envy, green as in vomit.

The Human Duchess of Air City, Udie meets with the Elf diplomat.

Yonali says “Greetings from the woodlands.  We have much to discuss.”

The elves want to limit tree butchering to 107.  That’s fine, not much trees left in D2.  Although I would need more apricot logs.

The duchess mumbled something about working towards mutual co-existence.

Ok, the world is the same as ever.

This elf is making jokes about seeing eye to eye (ha!) and about embracing rocks and mud like they do nature.  I’m going to embrace armor and you can hug an axe.

16 Granite

Three masons and a mechanic walked into a stone pile.  The miner says, “why the granite face?”  Ok, nevermind.  Why don’t just you all just use up the D2 stone pile, and get more from the quarry below.  It’s rhetorical.

And then the petitions begin with Rith Braidbells is approved to reside in Air City to entertain.

Lokum Crewedpaged is approved to reside in Air City to entertain.

The elven caravan arrived.

There are 59 pages of tattered clothing to be hauled to the trade depot.
The military will take a break from training to haul rags.

25 Granite

Only 10 pages worth of rags are hauled so far.

Bora the human mechanic is throwing a tantrum. Dang, he is our broker.
Alright, anyone can trade, and needed in the depot.

Oh, hi Bora, glad you decided to conduct trade. 
Well, crap you blew that deal.
So you saying they think it rude you offered some leather with wood splinters?
They left, so that’s a positive, I guess, but you all did not finish hauling the rags.

Oh well, the military can go back training and beat up the crundles and troglydytes coming out of the cavern.  That tree barracks sure looks bloody.

Batow, “Human” bone carver withdraws from society, claims a craft shop, made a figurine of the Queen of The Charcoal Wheel, and named it “Lostjailers the Ferocious Silver”.

2 Slate

Cadem Butterwaters petitions to be a soldier.  Approved.

The Foreign Legion 1 is renamed Foreign Flails captained by Setoc the wood cutter, and recruit Cadem.  Yeah, we got some flails.

7, 11, 14 Slate

Kubuk Gildednets and Sigun Glazedwet and Kado Waxhopeful are approved to entertain.

20 Slate

So, apparently, a ghost can have overdue books in the library.

The miners struck gold in D2 quarry.  But we need more granite blocks.
Speaking of blocks, Bora just cancelled making granite blocks because he is too depressed.

That dwarf needs to jump down the cliff and swim with the fishes.

Do we need a Happy Place around here?  This is like circa 42… err, nevermind.

Oh great, depression is contagious now? I mean, Uzin slipped into depression also.

23 Slate

The Skybridge that connects D2 to the Military Complex has been redone to raise up to the east.  The lever will be in the Mayor’s room, on the 2nd floor of the D2 Hospital.

Crossroad One is the barracks for The Foreign Flails (1z), a meeting area that is part of The Cruel Barbs (2z), and food and drinks storage room (3z).

The barracks houses the granite weapon rack “Burnlungs”.
The tavern extension is just another hangout for the visitors.
So, we need more booze and food on the third floor.
Spoiler: Crossroad One (click to show/hide)
Hey, what’s going on here?  The booze count has dropped.  We have no still to brew, and there is only one farm plot for sun berries.  Build 4 stills next to the farm plot, which is just two blocks away to the east and south of Crossroad One.

24 Slate

Erthok Lividpulley and Ngilsho Glazewine are approved to entertain.

Four stills are build, and brewing hopefully resume.

3 Felsite

Jal Focusedlizards is approved to entertain also.

The Skybridge is linked finally.

The Crossroad One is expanding up to follow the slanted roof architecture of D2.

There is no Soaper, so I ordered some ash, lye, to make soap from both tallow and oil.

14 Felsite

Obin Tombscover petitions to be a soldier.  Approved, and added to The Flails.
Just great. Obin cancels picking up equipment: experiencing emotional shock.

20 Felsite
Ijam Tunnelcloven petitions to be a soldier.  Approved, and added to The Flails.

I orders some clothing from Tal, a legendary clothier to make: 30 silk dresses, silk cloaks, yarn trousers, yarn socks, and yarn mittens.

Hey spring ended.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 23, 2017, 11:28:00 pm »

Japa's tile has the best idea - dig a hole so useless that even the goblins don't want to go near it.

I'll have you know that hole has a destiny.

Graebeard

• Bay Watcher
  • The reasonable penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 24, 2017, 01:31:25 am »

Gentlepeople. I haven't really done any forting since 2013, but this effort delights and inspires me.

I'd love to claim B2 if you'll have me. I make no representations about my ability not to wreck everything, provided I can even figure out all these newfangled thingamabobs.
At last, she is done.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 24, 2017, 02:44:09 am »

Added you to the list, and map updated.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 24, 2017, 03:51:03 am »

Japamala: "We have bit larger embark with a waterfall, but hopefully the FPS will hold with smaller divisions."

Maximum Spin: "I like Cavies."

Oh and also

DF2016: "Dwarves are pretty emotionally sturdy now. You can play for years and not see a single tantrum."

The Notched Temple: "This is why I have 77 tiles of dozens of dead body parts. Why, this mortal, Urdim, will be driven insane from the view!"

And then since the Notched Temple can't aim for shit two other people go insane instead.

Also, that's an interesting approach to military training. Probs doomed when a FB with deadly dust cometh, unless you make precautions.

I wonder who gave ghost a library card....

Unless you mean, anybody can just walk in, take books, and walk out? What kind of library do you run here?!

Still, jeez. That was just spring.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 24, 2017, 04:03:35 am »

In my defence, the waterfall is gone for now.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 24, 2017, 05:48:13 am »

During my turn I made a concerted push for magma, and one of my main plans was that I'd sacrifice every last pet as a tribute to Armok, to ail our flagging FPS.

Unfortunately, that plan did not come to fruition (ran out of tiles), and those fuckers basically multiplied exponentially in Sanctume's tile.

My personal opinion on all overseers so far...

Japa: "I like holes."
neblime: "I like forts."
Sanctume: "I like maximum-security forts."
JStheguy: "I like dead people."
Japa: "I like big big holes."
Maximum Spin: "I like murdering people's FPS."
bloop_bleep: "I like needless complexity."
Bearskie: "I like trees."

What kind of library do you run here?!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 24, 2017, 08:55:41 am »

Of course. How could I have forgotten Bearskie.

Also, amusing summation.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 26