Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Ethereal Invasion: Domination from Within: Demon possession RTD  (Read 7625 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Demons and other creatures have always existed, scratching at the back of humanity's consciousness.
We just didn't want to admit they were real.
And now it has cost us everything.

Spoiler: The Story (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TLDR (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character creation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The players (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 04:19:39 pm by johiah »
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Currently unnamed Demon possession RTD (Suggestions for name needed)
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 02:17:30 pm »

Jack Spades

Desc.: Tall and lanky, black hair, perpetually dirty
Quirks: Always carries around his shovel. Rarely has any idea what's going on. Frequently lost.
History: An occasional grave robber who always seems to get pulled into every crime that has ever happened, regardless of his personal guilt or involvement. The jailer knows him well, and he has his own designated jail cell.

Possessed by: a variety of things. The loudest ones would probably be Summer and Winter, though.

EDIT: quick, someone else, be possessed by a set of sentient serial killer knives. Be the Jack of Smiles. Hell, everyone be Jacks! Jack Diamonds, Jack Daniels, Jack Black, Jumping Jack, I don't care, just be Jack!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 02:22:58 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 02:37:47 pm »

Glass your is fine except one thing I am going to note:
You can indeed be possessed by Summer and Winter, but one is an angel and one is a demon. Both are considered gods and are part of the main group of the most powerful entities. This will make the beginning a lot easier for you, but as your possession number grows, they will both fight more for control over you. As far as the other things in your head, those are all coming from you, not outside of you.

Lovely, our first applicant is already schizophrenic.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 02:39:39 pm »

:D
EDIT: Sounds like Angelo and Diablo. (Y'know, SM.)
EDIT2: Mind you, Jack is in the unique situation of just being a confused person who doesn't really care a whole lot about having voices in his head. They've kinda all been there a while, and he was just already weird enough and easygoing enough that nobody figured it out for a while.
EDIT3: In other words, Jack is the kind of guy who doesn't give a shit, not because he's strong or brave enough to disregard the power of the gods, but because he's clueless enough to do so.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 02:47:59 pm by Glass »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 02:48:46 pm »

:D
EDIT: Sounds like Angelo and Diablo. (Y'know, SM.)
EDIT2: Mind you, Jack is in the unique situation of just being a confused person who doesn't really care a whole lot about having voices in his head. They've kinda all been there a while, and he was just already weird enough and easygoing enough that nobody figured it out for a while.
EDIT3: In other words, Jack is the kind of guy who doesn't give a shit, not because he's strong or brave enough to disregard the power of the gods, but because he's clueless enough to do so.
Yeah. Also, the rules explaining combat, general moves, and the stats, are on the way.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 04:51:55 pm »

SM is setting up a mind control dude.

Anyway, I feel like Jack's personalities can be separated like this: while under the influence of Winter, he's cool, collected, and logical. When under the influence of Summer, he's excitable, hot-blooded, and impulsive. And left to his own devices, he's laid-back, friendly, and exceedingly clueless.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 05:15:58 pm »

Spoiler: Holy Sheet (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 05:21:01 pm »

WHO DARES SPEAK MY NAME AND SUMMON ME FROM THE WORLD OF MAGIC! Oh, Glass. Oh, hey Johaih. You know, this looks right up my alley, and I can give you some info on angels and demons, cause, it's one of my hobbies.

Name: Raven Silvers (Sorry, Glass, everyone being Jack would be weird)

Physical description: Tall, pale, and black haired, constantly wearing dark clothes, and a lean type of muscular, Raven Silvers looks like your average 18 year old goth teen, except he's not goth, he's fairly optimistic, and he's 30, not 18. He has a blood red tattoo above and bellow his eye, and some occult symbols tattooed over his skin. However, they are normally covered by black pants and a black dress shirt. He's also British.

Any mental quirks: An OCD level obsession with knowing all he can about the occult, whether it is demonic, angelic, or even mythological.

A short history: "They thought me a loon, but it is they who were the fools." Raven was an occultist, a line of work that has gotten him called such things as, a goth, a satanist, and a loony. None of these are accurate, though the first one is the closest. He was always prepared for the demons, he knew they would arrive, there were too many stories for such a thing not to be. He read through every book about demons, angels, magic, and everything in between. This, with a photographic memory, gave him an encyclopedic knowledge of the occult. With his information, he was a great ally for anyone who wished to track down remaining demons, and he was prepared to battle them as well. He was even prepared, for possession.

What you are possessed by: I'll answer that question with a question, would you care for an apple? That's right, Raven is possessed by the serpent of original sin. The demon of knowledge and thought. While all out mind control is most likely out of the question (Johiah, it's your call) he can implement thoughts into other people's heads, making them more likely to do what he wants. Combine this with mind reading and the ability to transfer thoughts to others (also thought based illusions, once more, your call) and you have a pretty good support.

I thought of this character before I saw the new guy and have been working on him all day, so let's count them as different demons with different skill sets.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 05:22:44 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2017, 05:24:18 pm »

I told you to edit that down...

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2017, 05:26:20 pm »

The difference between our Demons:
Mine is of forbidden Knowledge, and is likely to give me access to the secrets of "Magic" on a per payment basis, Yours is of Knowledge and thought, and Ought to Screw with people's heads.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2017, 06:01:46 pm »

I think it would make sense if both of us had a bonus to cracking codes and cyphers.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2017, 06:31:07 pm »

Is it me or are the two newest rtds coincidentally simmilar and created relatively close to one another, just on opposite sides?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2017, 07:41:14 pm »

It's you, Dustan.
Name: Jay Kennel (I am a jack, but I'm not, too!)

Physical description:Brown, medium-long ruddy hair, mildly torn wool undershirt, fur-lined boots, gloves, and vest, healthy-colored skin.

Any mental quirks: Loves animals, prefers their company to humans. This one orangey cat keeps following him around, and he thinks it's possessed by a demon, too (it's not). Thinks that order and careful, logical thought's too slow for staying ahead of the Demon Hunters.

A short history: Animal tamer/trader that just wanted to live a peaceful, natural life. Some possessed guy snuck in his stable to kill a pig for food before his dog killed him. The shock at seeing the events unfold was the opening Velur@s used to sneak in him. He had to leave pretty much every animal he had behind when he went on the run, save a rabbit (kept under his hat) named Belle.

What you are possessed by: Velur@s, Demon of Ferality. He's unsure if it's -urAs or -urOs, since the voice is growly in a bit of an unclear way.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2017, 07:46:23 pm »

These all work great.
SM, your demon is technically two demons that were forced to fuse together via human belief back when the Bible was written. You will receive bonuses to decoding things and learning things etc, as well as the ability to manipulate the perceptions of others. And yourself. Lucifer will have a secret roll each turn with which he can mess with your perceptions, depending on how he rolls. (If he wants you to kill someone that you don't want to that person may appear as someone else, etc.)
Crazyabe will receive bonuses specifically to learning forbidden knowledge. At a price. This doesn't have any real straight combat bonuses until he starts making powerful artifacts with said forbidden knowledge.

This is enough people to start with, I will finish explaining the quests and upload the map and then I can start the first DM tomorrow.

Is everyone ok if I upload the map as a google drive link?

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2017, 07:49:45 pm »

Oh yeah, you want a name. How about Etheral Invasion: Domination from Within?, as a starting point for suggestions.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7