Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Ethereal Invasion: Domination from Within: Demon possession RTD  (Read 7632 times)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Currently unnamed Demon possession RTD (Suggestions for name needed)
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 08:06:35 pm »

Oh yeah, you want a name. How about Etheral Invasion: Domination from Within?, as a starting point for suggestions.
Hey that works. Also, if anything in the rules seems missing or not clear, PLEASE MENTION IT.
I want people to be able to understand my chaotic thoughts.
In the update tomorrow your locations, equipment, familiars, and some of the bonuses your possessor provide will be explained. Rest assured, you guys picked fun choices.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2017, 08:44:32 pm »

And yourself. Lucifer

Is it wrong that I wanted to play with my character possessed by Lucifer and just wasn't going to ask because I thought you would say no?
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2017, 08:57:43 pm »

And yourself. Lucifer

Is it wrong that I wanted to play with my character possessed by Lucifer and just wasn't going to ask because I thought you would say no?
Lucifer is just the name humanity gave to a certain demon representing a certain thing. What you did was perfectly fine. Honestly I was surprised no one was possessed by something so obscure as sonder or zenosyne. (Apparently real things.)

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Ethereal Invasion: Domination from Within: Demon possession RTD
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 06:09:56 am »

Do you guys want to start together, near, or does it not really matter?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2017, 06:11:01 am »

I vote together.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2017, 06:58:11 am »

Glass/Jack: (1 on map)
Health: 7/7
Possession:
5/100 Winter
5/100 Summer

You were in your jail cell, just waiting until your time was up. However, one morning, you heard a scream of agony and a bright flash of light that shone through the stone beneath your feet. When the light cleared, you opened your eyes again. But something was... different. Other than Jack Clubs, Jack Hearts, and Jack Diamonds, there were two new voices in your head. But not just any old voice, are we? Shut up, Winter. I can help you freeze and then shatter the bars. Pah, that's nothing. I can calm those heading towards us and influence them to protect us. ((There are other abilities that they will provide bonuses when you use as an action. The ones you picked aren't really as set in stone as some of the others will be.))
A dull headache begins throbbing behind your eyes as your feel these two new consciousnesses fighting for control of your head.
You can also hear an angry jailer thumping down the stairs, along with the clanking of men in armor.

The jail cell has a nice metal window that you might be able to crawl through. The door or the front wall might offer an escape as well.

Smoke Mirrors/Raven: (2 on map)
Health: 6/6
Possession:
10/100 Lucifer, Knowledge and Thought

You were heading down the stairs of a jail in the Menn'Sann Fief to investigate reports of someone attempting to summon demons. The fat jailer swayed down the steps in front of you, and behind you were the five Demon Hunters you would be leading. However, before you could even enter the jail proper, there was an anguished scream and a flash of light flew through you from the stones below. And with it, a voice, whispering in your head. Hello there, Raven.
The Demon Hunters frown at you suspiciously. Before any of them can react, you disable them with a series of blows to soft parts and run upstairs, coming to a halt in the courtyard. I can help you gain more knowledge. Come to the Cave. ((Your quest is marked on the map as a red circle))
You'd heard of the Cave, of course, but you had always assumed it was a myth and right now you were busy figuring out how to escape the Demon Hunters below without also getting the guards in on it.

crazyabe/Jacque: (3 on map)
Health: 6/6
Possession:
10/100 Montherus, Forbidden Knowledge

You had found it. At last, the greatest book of all time! You had its location. Soon, you would have its secrets.
You scrabbled forwards, stooped over, all the while muttering to yourself. The ruins of an ancient castle stretched out before you, ancient, ruined turrets and rotted out doors.
The only door still intact was the main door, forged with iron, wood, and blood. It glistened red and appeared as new as the day it was first forged. But it was no match for your books.
You whipped out one of your books and flipped to a certain page, this one describing a profane ritual guaranteed to unlock any door. Your performed it and stepped inside the main gate. Not long now.
Evading a series of traps and other obstacles, you managed to get into the castle keep itself, and into the throne room. Where a throne used to sit was a book on a pedestal. Crimson light shone on its cover through some hidden window above. You stepped forwards, and picked up the book, opening it.
A guttural scream tore from your throat as you dropped the book on the floor. Well, tried to. It had glued itself to your hands and now you could feel it seeping inside you. A crimson light left the open pages and seeped up your arms, crawling into your skull through your eye sockets. You felt better than you had in ages, old aches and pains fading away. You stood up straighter than you had in the last twenty years. hello, jacque, they did not lie. this book, part of who i am, can lead you to the ultimate forbidden knowledge. all you must do, is give yourself fully to me. ((Quest marked on map as a maroon circle))

OceanSoul/Jay: (4 on map)
Health: 7/7
Possession:
10/100 Velur@s, Ferality ((Adds 1 health per 10 points of possession as well as +1 to unarmed attacks in combat or other suitably violent moves))

You had been in your stable, about to go to sleep for the night, when you heard a grunt and a muffled curse, as well as the squeal of a pig dying. Your dog burst into action, barking and growling, and launched itself at the thief you could not see. Your grabbed a mucking fork off the wall and moved across the stable to where your dog was mauling a man, biting him, tearing at him. It was terrible, blood everywhere, the man's screams, before he finally succumbed to blood loss and died. You stood there, and something niggled at the back of your mind. The urge to tear, bite, the urge to eat raw meat.
You knew immediately you had been possessed by something and, without losing any time, gathered some of the things you would need while on the run. Extra clothes, your rabbit (Belle), and some food. You ran out without delay, chaining your dog to the house. With one last regretful look back, you left the world you had known since forever behind.
Where could you run? You were on the border between the Sanni Territories and the Chana Fiefs. The Sanni territories were mountainous and dangerous, largely inhabited by trappers, hunters, and miners, easy to lose yourself in, but the Chana Fiefs offered the ability to blend in with crowds, travel quickly on flat terrain, or forage for food from the numerous farms that grew exotic foods that made the Chanaians so rich.

Feedback? Questions? Comments? Also, can you guys view the map ok?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:02:42 pm by johiah »

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2017, 06:59:56 am »

I vote together.
I put you and Glass together because that is just how it worked out. OceanSoul is quite near, as well, perhaps half a day of travel.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2017, 07:34:03 am »

Yeah, the map works fine.

Patiently wait for these guys to come. Greet them as I usually do when they pass by my cell. Jack is exceedingly oblivious to many, many things.

Meanwhile, Summer is making sure that the guards will be receptive, because this kid clearly needs someone to keep him from dying.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 07:52:18 am by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2017, 07:39:51 am »

Patiently wait for these guys to come. Greet them as I usually do when they pass by my cell. Jack is exceedingly oblivious to many, many things.
Wow.
You probably won't last long. Especially if Raven doesn't decide to help you out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2017, 07:40:50 am »

Wow.
You probably won't last long. Especially if Raven doesn't decide to help you out.
Summer is going to be intervening in this, don't worry. It's just that Jack hasn't yet really gotten that he's been possessed... and, for that matter, I'm wondering how these guys would have figured this out already.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2017, 08:04:51 am »

I have very few powers (that I'm aware of) that would be useful in the middle of combat, should bluff and bluster not work, I'd have to rely on hand to hand against something that for all I know has walls around it made of heat, the only advantage to not springing Glass would be in populated areas so people may still assume I'm a demon hunter, that won't work against wild animals and the like, I'm better off springing him and then getting him cleaned up, then just making an aura so people won't question me. Speaking of which...

"I'm going to need some help to reach The Cave, find me a powerful possessed (Glass) and then we can get going" Create an air about myself that makes it so people don't question my actions, as well as stand up tall and make a "I am very busy with something important, don't question or stop me or someone important will be mad at you" face then move to the cell of the powerful possessed (once more Glass) and open the cell, making it appear (not with powers, with body language) that I'm taking him for questioning or something and then leave the building, and, once out of earshot, explain what we are doing.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:27:31 am by Smoke Mirrors »

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2017, 09:03:34 am »

The urge led Jay to head for the Sanni territories.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2017, 09:31:03 am »

Hmm, I'd Best head to the North East.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2017, 11:35:09 am »

This looks intresting can I join?
Spoiler: Character creation (click to show/hide)

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2017, 12:16:07 pm »

This looks intresting can I join?
Spoiler: Character creation (click to show/hide)
You know the demon of wrath is Satan.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7