Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 165573 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Fiery Aftermath [9/10]
« Reply #2010 on: December 09, 2017, 03:13:07 pm »

Try to connect more with my 'dark' spirit, and also 'realize' more regarding my connection with spirits in general.
Understand my 'dark' spirit buddy more (because long term goals are making him less vengeful, and more enlightened with understanding).
Once more! :D

Serrana wondered where else to look for Pughyuh's goals.

"Was this part of your plan, or can these things even happen? The passages are blocked and there should be other ways in other than digging through. Erlath, can you check through the soil and see what is going on?"

And then some Prayer aboveground, and shove (most of) it on Erlath!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 02:53:58 pm by Tiruin »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: December 09, 2017, 03:25:23 pm »

"Not here, but once we reach the underground area of the Keep.
Lyirah's father was a rock giant and she regained her earth powers recently. She used to live below the Keep with Seymour, an ascended mortal that became a god of war. I have a feeling that place might be "connected" to her in some way, otherwise she would have lost her power like she almost did at the surface.
Talking about connections, if fallen angels are dark spirits, angels must be normal spirits. Cilber being an Archangel and your weakening connection to spirits while in the Unavented Cathedral might be related. A protective aura, perhaps? Dark spirits tend to be agressive as we have seen before or the angels might be hunting their fallen brethren"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:17:43 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: December 11, 2017, 07:46:05 pm »

So, I happen to have had alignment charts on the brain for a little while, and I was wondering: could we put together a full alignment chart for the world of Undead Hunt? Here's some of the things I've come up with so far:

Lawful Good: Lyirah. This is just generally my impression of her.

Neutral Good: Serrana/Tir. This is what Tir always is, if not Lawful Good. I feel like I would be hard-pressed to find a Tir character that isn't pure like this.

Chaotic Good: Aaron Blaze. He's Leeroy Jenkins, except generally successful. Praise Lady Luck.

Lawful Neutral: Reynald. He's a paladin, but he's not really pure enough to be Lawful Good; hell, whether he'll be good or evil is Dustan's main goal for his character arc.

True Neutral: Pguh. He's doing his best with what he's got, but he doesn't seem quite "Good" enough to me to be up there. He's also trying to overthrow the gods, but he's not enough like that to really be chaotic... and I've got a better guy for Chaotic Neutral, anyway.

Chaotic Neutral: "Town Fool's Luck, I seduce the demon."

Note: going forward, the Evil people are mostly just who fits best. None of us are terribly evil... save one.

Lawful Evil: Dennis/the Duke. Hypocrisy powers makes Dennis seem to fall into this for me, albeit lightly.

Neutral Evil: Lysander.
"Hey, Lysander. Glad you're here, I had a quick question. A bit weird, but are you the devil? I just get this weird feelin' you're the devil."
Yup

Chaotic Evil: "Lunatic's Luck, everyone nearby but me auto-rolls a 1 on all actions."

Please give feedback!
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: December 11, 2017, 08:01:09 pm »

I'm lawful?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: December 11, 2017, 08:03:27 pm »

Moderately. You're the Duke, after all.

You, SM, and Random's places are kinda hazy; I just put you where I decided would be the least wrong over the course of 5 minutes.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: December 11, 2017, 09:36:05 pm »

True Neutral is totally perfect for Pguh
Some explanation thing:
Spoiler: Pguh point of view (click to show/hide)

But I don't think Dennis is Lawful Evil, but more like Chaotic good. Remember that chaos is confusion, randomness, conflict, discord, it goes against what is established and what is considered normal, correct, logical and reasonable. It is the opposite of the law, order, balance and harmony.
At least that is what I think.
Lysander leans towards chaotic evil, but not quite yet.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:57:06 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: December 13, 2017, 12:06:40 pm »

Hey, Dark, what's with the new poll? Did I one-shot Kupameth or something?

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: December 13, 2017, 12:33:52 pm »

He was last active 2 days ago. He probably set it up expecting it to bump the thread to the top while he was working on the turn, but nobody noticed and it locked.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: December 13, 2017, 12:48:38 pm »

I never noticed the poll.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: December 13, 2017, 02:44:45 pm »

Re:Alignment charts.

Sorry to Crazyabe, Spazyak, and Darkwarlock. I'm not sure what your characters are like yet.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: December 13, 2017, 03:04:15 pm »

It looks amazing!  :D

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: December 13, 2017, 03:04:35 pm »

I still don't think I belong on the evil axis.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: December 13, 2017, 03:10:02 pm »

I think a different quote might of been better for mine, but good choice of picture.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: December 13, 2017, 03:12:20 pm »

But if everyone else thinks that you are evil, then by their point of view you are evil. Maybe the things you do can't be considered "evil" by demonic standards, but they are still seen as bad stuff by non-demons.

And the picture for Reynald is perfect.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: December 13, 2017, 03:28:43 pm »

Turn 77

[1] Ferron left the cart in the keep and went down the road towards the village in search of food, but he moved too far and got to fields. Suddenly spiked vines grown up and an enormous potato with teeth emerged from the ground, chunks of flesh still in-between teeth in it's maw!

[Tainted potato: 1, Ferron: 1] The plant tried to grab the alchemist, but he thrown a flask of firewater at it, burning it down! Explosion was so strong that the fire slightly burnt Ferron and spread further, awaking more such corrupted plants.

[1] The fire ceased very quickly and a horde of tainted plantlife slowly moved towards the alchemist!

[1] Bentfear looked at the destroyed equipment with horror and sorrow, there were no parts salvageable for proper use!

[4] He decided to look for the duke and left alchemist's chamber. After a while of wandering, he found Dennis.

[4 +4] Aaron used Blood Omen to cleanse himself and surrounding area!

[6 +4] Then he poisoned Shieldsplitter and Daemei Greathammer, but some of the toxin that dripped down on his scales seemed to work on him as well, weakening him slightly!

[4 +3] Aaron shifted into spectral dragon form!

[1 +3] Then when he was ready, he screamed as loudly as he could, cursing the name of Dread Knight Kupameth and calling him for a duel. It only took mere seconds for the dread knight to respond, a powerful lightning hit in front of the dragonruler! Dread Knight emerged from electricity and said mockingly: Ah, just look at this dragon! What is it this time? Feeling mighty, powerful and unstoppable? Head on then, let our duel begin! Or are you going to lose your tail in hope that I'll mistake it for you, just like a pitiful lizard would do? - he then laughed loudly, lightnings striking across the sky. But let it be a fair duel, what would be it's point otherwise? - Kupameth chuckled, and a strange aura enveloped him. Know that there is no chance of hurting me with your flashy tricks. This will be a duel of might! Strenght against agility! I'll let you attack first. - the dread knight said.

Last time I saw Seymour, he was overcharged with so much arcane energy he had to leave this plane. If my theories are correct, praying could be used as a way to contact him or Lyirah because of their divine origins. If that doesn't work, we could search the Keep and try to find the other survivors we fought along and see if they know anything. Do you think you could pray towards them once we are there, Serrana? I feel we would need to be underground for it to work and the tunnels below the Keep would be the perfect place to try to contact them. - Pguhyuh said.

I will do that but I fail to understand why a prayer underground is somehow more effective--I thought about how my feelings and connections to the spirits waned and waxed while I entered the Cathedral. It must be connected with whomever you talked to. - Serrana replied.

Not here, but once we reach the underground area of the Keep. Lyirah's father was a rock giant and she regained her earth powers recently. She used to live below the Keep with Seymour, an ascended mortal that became a god of war. I have a feeling that place might be "connected" to her in some way, otherwise she would have lost her power like she almost did at the surface. Talking about connections, if fallen angels are dark spirits, angels must be normal spirits. Cilber being an Archangel and your weakening connection to spirits while in the Unavented Cathedral might be related. A protective aura, perhaps? Dark spirits tend to be agressive as we have seen before or the angels might be hunting their fallen brethren. - great diplomat explained.

[2] Serrana tried to establish a stronger connection with spirits and gain greater understanding of them and her companion, but she was unable to do so while still close to the cathedral.

[4] Pguhyuh, Serrana and Fzbxr entered the portal and found themselves in the Abyss.

[4] The portal to Height Keep was clearly visible and not far away, so they got to it fast and moved to the other side!

[2] While they were there, they tried to find the way into underground passages. They found it after a while, but it seemed that it wasn't working!

Ok, that was 100% a doomsday prophesy. Naablvat, Stumpy, fetch me all the books they have here on the end of the world, no matter how stupid or childish it may appear, or how difficult it is for you to understand, but stick to cleared sections. - Lysander ordered his minions.

[5] Lysander and his minions went to library and after a brief moment were back from keep's library with a pile of occult books!

[1] None of them seemed to have any information about doomsday! To make things worse, one of the books was cursed and summoned a darkrider!

[Darkrider: 4, Lysander: 3] The dark spirit charged at surprised daemon king decendent, slashing at his wings!

It's been so dark and dreary of late. Most of my friends are gone. Even the plants are acting up these days. Longest night I've ever...Wait, I know what to do! - the duke exclaimed.

Hey Dennis, just heading to the library. - Lysander said to duke, Dennis turned around in his throne, leaning over the back.

Hey, Lysander. Glad you're here, I had a quick question. A bit weird, but are you the devil? I just get this weird feelin' you're the devil.

Yup. - Lysander hastily replied after getting back from library, and Dennis said: Huh, neat. - heading out to work on the decorations.

[6] Calling all the people sheltered in his keep, Dennis ordered to cover it and the village up with Solstice decorations. Getting necessary plants was the most tricky part, and some people received serious wounds from tainted plantlife, which further broke their morale!

[4] Local alchemist came to speak with Dennis.

Enemies

Dread Knight Kupameth: [256/256]

Tainted Potato: Dead
Tainted Wheat: [64/64]
Tainted Potato: [64/64]

Darkrider: [128/128]

Players

Lysander: -35 HP
Ferron: -10 HP, 1 undead killed

GM Notes

That alignment chart looks really good, with some perfect matches (though gods are standing out). Character sheets will be updated tomorrow!
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 166