Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 166897 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Ending is near
« Reply #2115 on: January 03, 2018, 05:55:00 pm »

You could try summoning another incarnation of the Daemei King though.
...I'm pretty sure he was the demon king though. Not an incarnation, the actually demon king banished from hell looking for redemption or something like that.

SM write confusing, cosmic-scale backstories, ok?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: January 03, 2018, 07:33:44 pm »

"Serrana, try praying. There is a strong tainted presence in the undergrounds.
I must cleanse this corruption."

Empowered by the blessing (and Serrana's prayer if she prays), use Grand Cleansing on the tainted presence in the passage.
((It's either Thunderlord or Maelstorm. Prepare for a fight.))
"I-got it!" Serrana said, stopping herself from saying 'um', as she knew she couldn't do what he wanted, but could do what was needed.

Cleanse the taint from the fountain! (Use any skill applicable, even combined)
((...I at least recall I could do something about taint, but it's not in my sheet somehow @_@))

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 04:24:52 am by Tiruin »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: January 03, 2018, 07:41:35 pm »

You could try summoning another incarnation of the Daemei King though.
...I'm pretty sure he was the demon king though. Not an incarnation, the actually demon king banished from hell looking for redemption or something like that.

SM write confusing, cosmic-scale backstories, ok?
Dark One had confirmed me that he isn't (yet) through a PM a while ago. There are many possible incarnates that could potentially become the new Daemei King and have demonic powers too. When he died, he stopped being an incarnate and another person became the new one. This cycle continues until the prophecy comes true.

((...I at least recall I could do something about taint, but it's not in my sheet somehow @_@))
I think you were thinking either of Prayer (increase faith), Exorcism (banish dark spirit) or one of your healing skills.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: January 04, 2018, 01:30:33 am »

i start the research on the most suitably material for nearly unbreakable alchemy equipment and where its located
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: January 04, 2018, 01:38:00 am »

Foreigner's luck
I Turn back to Blackened, And attempt to use Necromancer on him.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: January 04, 2018, 02:19:22 pm »

Just wander around the castle for a bit.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: January 04, 2018, 03:00:53 pm »

SM asked me to try to summon Lysander back to the land of the living when combat ends. Is that ok?
He's dead so you can't. Jeremiah wasn't dead. You could try summoning another incarnation of the Daemei King though.

Not exactly like Seymour (due to energy overloading), something more happened in between and forces even greater than gods had their part in it. Add to it prophecy that Lysander was about to discover, and you may find out what happened to Jeremiah.
Is this related to:
The Wanderer
The "Eclipse"
The Dark One
The Return of Axeworth
The Hellback Prophecy

Answer yes or no to each one, if possible.

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Can't remember anything like that, must be from some older messages, but no
4. No
5. No

SM asked me to try to summon Lysander back to the land of the living when combat ends. Is that ok?

You may go to Height Keep and somehow resurrect his body as your undead/arcane construct minion, but bringing him back to life and to previous form would require help of gods or greater forces.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: January 06, 2018, 10:04:33 am »

You would need a god of rebirth for that first.
Hey, Demigoddess! If'n you had your magics back, would you able to bring back a dead thing? Say, an ox? - Duke asked, but this clearly offended Lyirah: What!? I'm not a goddess of rebirth, and bringing someone back from death is a blasphemy! - she yelled at Dennis.

The Dark One thing was mentioned here:
Ah! A king in exile seeking aid of Abyss! - the spirit hissed out. Heed my words, for you still seem to be clueless - The eclipse is near, accompanied by deep silence complete. Helpless fear, of dark one's deed. Gods cry, when never is the sun. Then comes the night, and it is almost done. Realities fade to black...
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: January 11, 2018, 02:37:46 pm »

Turn 80

[Aaron: 5 +4, Kupameth: 3 -1] Good morning, Kupameth. - Aaron said mockingly and charged with full strenght and speed, his greatsword turning on fire and greathammer gleaming red. With great finesse dragonruler dodged all futile attacks of the dread knight and slain him with one powerful strike!

[4] The essence of dread knight started to fade out and flesh started growing on the ground. Several mutilated faces appeared on the patch of burnt skin, each shouting: Impressive for a mortal, yet still not enough to face what awaits you further! Take these, they may aid you to discover the truth! - then the flesh died out in sunlight, leaving small crystalline orbs. Eyes of a dread knight!

[3] Feeling the sunlight on his skin after so long, Reynald rallied zealously!

[Reynald: 6 +2, Pestilence: 5 -1] With a surge of faith and power, inquisitor ran up to the demonic lord and jumped, then hit it at scaly, hornet head with a skull crushing strike! Pestilence roared in pain and made a few step backwards, stunned!

[Pestilence: 3 -1, Reynald: 1 +2] Demonic lord recovered from stun in a blink of an eye and charged, but inquisitor dodged then followed up with a fast slash at Pestilence's legs!

Serrana, try praying. There is a strong tainted presence in the undergrounds. I must cleanse this corruption. - Pguhyuh shouted. I-got it! - exorcist replied.

[5] Starting with loud chanting and obscure gesticulation then focusing and forwarding energy, Pguhyuh sent a ball of spiritual energy that effortlessly flewn through protective force field and found it's target underground. After a while the field disappeared and a tall undead in rusty northern armor ascended from the passage.

[3] Time flows slower under the cold earth... - the corpse muttered out dropping it's glaive, taking off armor and throwing it away, then taking a seat and staring at golden sun.

[6] Bentfear spent a long time reading first few chapters of the book, then decided to start research on unbreakable equipment without further reading. He went to the laboratory and cleaned up the mess after explosion, when suddenly a smoking, twisted figure flewn through the window phasing through the glass. It's a dark spirit, probably escaping from sunlight!

[Poltergeist: 5 -1, Bentfear: 1] Dark spirit telekinetically grabbed a mortar - one of the few things that survived the explosion, and instantly thrown it at Bentfear! The flying alchemical equipment shattered into countless pieces while the alchemist was knocked unconscious!

[Erik: 6, Blackened: 3 -1] Seeing rays of sunlight, wanderer instantly turned back and attempted to use his necromantic powers on the Blackened. While it resisted his will, it was greatly weakened and stunned!

[6] Dennis wandered around Height Keep in search of entertainment, being a duke got a bit boring. After getting through most of the ruined rooms he headed to the second wing of the keep, but suddenly he heard noises coming from laboratory. He moved there immediately and spotted a poltergeist and the alchemist lying unconscious on the ground!

[Poltergeist: 5 -1, Dennis: 6] Dark spirit hastily grabbed another piece of alchemical equipment and chucked it at Dennis, but the duke grabbed it in his hand! However, it was composed of glass and shattered when he grabbed it, wounding his hands!

Enemies

Dread Knigth Kupameth: Dead
Pestilence: -170 HP, decreased mobility [86/256]
Blackened: Halved HP, stunned [64/64]

Poltergeist: [30/30]

Players

Dennis: -20 HP [50/70]
Aaron: Received Eyes of a Dread Knight, Level up!
Bentfear: -25 HP [5/30]
Erik: -5 HP [45/50]

GM Notes

I'll update character sheets tomorrow.

Jeremiah's Bless [4] :
 - enemy health reduced by half
 - enemy buffs removed
 - enemy rolls lowered by 1

Eyes of a Dread Knight - removes or creates illusions (4 turns), owner can always see through illusions and identify them, allows to identify items, can be used to watch far away companions (6 turns cooldown)

The Dark One thing was mentioned here:
Ah! A king in exile seeking aid of Abyss! - the spirit hissed out. Heed my words, for you still seem to be clueless - The eclipse is near, accompanied by deep silence complete. Helpless fear, of dark one's deed. Gods cry, when never is the sun. Then comes the night, and it is almost done. Realities fade to black...

PM Sent.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 02:40:18 pm by Dark One »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: January 11, 2018, 02:46:18 pm »

Draw sword of justice, Stab Blackened.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: January 11, 2018, 02:50:35 pm »

Ok, now try to res me/ find a god of resurrection.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: January 11, 2018, 03:26:06 pm »

Make sure that I'm still on fire.
Remember that charm Kupameth had the first time around? The luck-inverting one? Find that and take it.
Then, try to summon Lysander to me; try to res him when I see his corpse.

Do I get that subclass upgrade? Anyway, I'll do the level up stuff later. Level-up has happened. Time to use that +5 to looting from Dragonruler+Dragonform+Fire.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:10:30 pm by Glass »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: January 11, 2018, 03:53:59 pm »

Pguhyuh sits close to the undead and relaxes under the light of the sun, while meditating.
"Indeed. I had almost forgotten about the daylight after all of this time.

The sun is nice, isn't it? Ahhh, It reminds me of my home...

Yet, I was never allowed to go outside and enjoy the sunlight. A strange sickness I was born with, the sun would burn my pale skin and I was forced to wear robes for years just to go outside. I couldn't go play with the other kids outside and everyone thought I was creepy because of how I looked. The only friends I had were books and I wasted years under the celling of libraries when the real knowledge was outside.
But, despite everything, I still had people that cared about me. I still had a home and I still had a family.
I think it's finally time for me to go back home. There are many questions that require answers.

Do you still have a home, knight? I have heard that many of the northern fortresses and keeps where evacuated once the sieges started. If you don't want to risk going there, there is a Cathedral in the east where undead and humand live and pray together under the protection of the Archangel Cilber. You could also stay in the keep and try to talk with the new duke. Or you could come with us and try to uncover the truth about this world. What will you do, knight?"

After relaxing under the sun, talking with the knight and giving him the location of the Unavented Cathedral, stand up and create a portal back to Eylru. There is nothing else for me here, so It's time to go back to the beginning of my quest. I need answers and Eylru has the greatest known libraries. And I need to stop running away from my past.
"Serrana, I apologize for dragging you from one place to another and always telling you what to do or what not to do. I never asked you what you truly wanted to do. If you want to, you could stay in the keep and return with the duke. Or do you still want to come with me?"

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: January 11, 2018, 03:59:58 pm »

"Do you have any last words or requests, Or would you prefer that I honor you with a quick death?"
offer the demon the chance to give a last request to me, then finish them off with a Mighty strike.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: January 11, 2018, 04:56:50 pm »

Didn't we kinda avert the Dark One thing? Y'know, since the "when never is the sun" part is no longer valid.

Just wondering.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 166