Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 165774 times)

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Ending is near
« Reply #2130 on: January 11, 2018, 06:03:24 pm »

Didn't we kinda avert the Dark One thing? Y'know, since the "when never is the sun" part is no longer valid.

Just wondering.

You only have 4 turns of sunlight left. When Nix's bless ends, the darkness will gradually return.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: January 11, 2018, 06:14:26 pm »

Didn't we kinda avert the Dark One thing? Y'know, since the "when never is the sun" part is no longer valid.

Just wondering.

You only have 4 turns of sunlight left. When Nix's bless ends, the darkness will gradually return.
Well then we just need one of us to become the sun god and then everything's peachy.

Anyway: do I get to ascend now or something, or is there more stuff I need to do after killing Kup to become a dragon god?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: January 11, 2018, 06:29:46 pm »

You need to either reach level 20 or do specific quests for that. I don't think killing Kupameth counts towards becoming a god, but maybe you have better chances to become a dragon king now.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: January 11, 2018, 07:30:05 pm »

Dark's said that if I wanted to ascend on my current path, killing Kup was a fundamental part of it.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: January 11, 2018, 07:41:56 pm »

I think he said you would become a Dragonmaster, which I think it's the dragon equivalent of the Demon King. Wasn't there a demon Dragonmaster called Qloth? He didn't became a dragon or a god. Instead, he helped the dragons build the northern fortresses in the mountains.

I think you should try to go to the northern mountains later or find information about Axeworth.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: January 11, 2018, 08:03:31 pm »

*shrug* Let's wait until Dark can give input.

Anyway, level-up time!

Warrior Prophet: Every turn that Aaron is in combat, he and all players/companions fighting alongside him gain 2 Faith; this can bring him up to 30 total.

And the upgrade... no upgrade this time. Instead, I'm rebinding the Dragonruler Greatsword's powers to myself, so that I don't lose out on combat power by needing to wield a less-effective weapon in order to use my strongest combat abilities.

Also, swapping the Dragonruler Greatsword back out for the Shieldsplitter.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:29:41 pm by Glass »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: January 11, 2018, 08:16:50 pm »

I have a bunch of PM information. I wouldn't like to spoil everything but Axeworth is very important to the dragons and might be relevant to your quest to become a god.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: January 11, 2018, 08:21:47 pm »

"Axeworth", or "Axewrath"? The latter is the name of this continent.

Story

Many years have passed since a great world war between kingdoms of Axewrath ended. Claiming it's bloody harvest, the war brought also disease outbreaks that taken lives of uncountable victims, turning many bustling with activity settlements into ghost towns. Literal ghost towns, as when humanity - losing it's faith due to horrors of great war, turned their backs on gods, dieties secretely thrown a powerful curse upon the world. Unsealing the gates to Underworld, they left the path open for dead, dark spirits and demons. To come, and take over whole Axewrath, beginning the Dark Age. In the first few days, cataclysm claimed even more lives than plagues. But with time, mankind learned how to defend themselves. Undead Hunters spread across the world, to keep up the spark of hope and bring back the faith in gods. However, undead hunters are only few, and their profession ensures that they're also short-lived.

From the OP.

But yeah, thanks for the info. I'll start looking into it next turn; if you're not otherwise occupied then, I may summon you to me.

EDIT: That said... what's to say I'm not already a god? :P

EDIT2: Looking at my character sheet, I've got to wonder: would the Knightly Elite armor actually be encumbering to me? I mean, I can dual-wield weapons that are quite distinctly supposed to be two-handed. A bit of armor can't be that bad.

EDIT3: Also, while I know that it's not at all going to be put down now or any time particularly soon, I'm looking forward to seeing Kup's entrance in the bosses doc.

EDIT4: Eventually, I'm going to summon a Darkrider and trade them peace/purification (Blood Omen FTW!) for a set of their armor. That stuff has a serious case of fucking awesome.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 08:37:55 pm by Glass »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: January 11, 2018, 09:06:58 pm »

Yes, I mean Axeworth. He might be the reason the place is called Axewrath too. He's kind of a big deal.
And don't try to summon me or anything, since I'm currently on my own quest. Why are you able to summon ? I can't find that in your sheet.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: January 11, 2018, 09:07:58 pm »

Because I have a +4 to all my rolls. :D

And I'll look into him. Thanks for the lead.

EDIT: And I just made an edit to Warrior Prophet that fixes something I forgot.
Anyway, I just realized how I'll do my studying: I'll teleport to the Unavented Cathedral, introduce myself to whoever that guy in charge was, and tell him that Pguhyah once told me that he might have information on the dragons that I might need.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 09:31:04 pm by Glass »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: January 11, 2018, 09:31:50 pm »

"OWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! Broken glass! Did'ye just throw glass at me? Ow ow ow ow! That hurts! Ow! What'd you have to go an' do a thing like tha' for! Why? You got my hands! My hands've got glass stuck in 'em!"

Attack the poltergeist with my glaive.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 12:23:31 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2141 on: January 12, 2018, 02:01:19 pm »

Qloth was slain by Kupameth at some point in time. Axewrath is the name of the whole world, not just continent.

I haven't changed item descriptions on Aaron, that's why a set of full plate armor is described as encumbring.

Let's see: Undead Duke is dead, Dread Knight Kupameth is dead. This makes you Dragonmaster. I've written the path in one of earlier posts I think, but I don't remember it. So, you have to find a place where draconic energy is really strong (like an altar, a nest), and from there you may ascend to dragonhood.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2142 on: January 12, 2018, 02:10:55 pm »

Whelp, I was already trying to travel to where the dragons were. Now that Kup is dead, I can continue.

Do I become the dragon of something, or just a dragon? Or is being a dragon in this world essentially equivalent to being a god?

Anyway, can I wear my Wanderer's Cloak over the plate armor for more protection? I mean, given the former is a cloak, it makes sense that it would be able to go over other stuff...

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2143 on: January 12, 2018, 02:22:49 pm »

I don't know if dragons are equal to gods, but I know there is stuff that is at least 10 times stronger than the most powerful dragons.

Also, as said before, the dragons are on the northern mountains. You could go there and check the dragon fortresses. Going to the Unavented Cathedral is a good idea too, since Cilber seems to know a lot of stuff.

I wonder if Kup used to be a Dragonmaster.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: January 12, 2018, 03:12:23 pm »

I wonder if Kup used to be a Dragonmaster.
He killed Qloth, so yes.

I don't know if dragons are equal to gods, but I know there is stuff that is at least 10 times stronger than the most powerful dragons.
Am I one of them? :P
Anyway, where did you get this info from?
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 166