Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 165233 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Fiery Aftermath [9/10]
« Reply #1710 on: October 23, 2017, 08:02:21 am »

Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: October 23, 2017, 08:21:51 am »

Good. I just wanted to be clear. If anyone has any question, just ask me.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: October 23, 2017, 09:37:13 am »

Good. I just wanted to be clear. If anyone has any question, just ask me.
And then ask someone else, you should try to get all the facts and not just one side. Have you noticed you have only listened to people who hate the gods and no others before making your opinion? I'm not saying the gods are the good guys, I agree that based on what we know, they are being assholes, but I also trust Cilber only as far as I can throw him.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: October 23, 2017, 09:50:42 am »

Well, not all gods are evil. It just happens that most of them are evil and removed the powers of the few good ones. What Cilber wants is to switch the old, ancient gods with the new demigods to solve this whole undead problem we have here. Remember I'm just making theories and I'm not 100% sure about some stuff. But the gods caused the undead to rise and because of this they are our enemies.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: October 23, 2017, 10:14:24 am »

Well, not all gods are evil. It just happens that most of them are evil and removed the powers of the few good ones. What Cilber wants is to switch the old, ancient gods with the new demigods to solve this whole undead problem we have here. Remember I'm just making theories and I'm not 100% sure about some stuff. But the gods caused the undead to rise and because of this they are our enemies.
"And that makes part and parcel of why I am an exorcist--the division of morality as one major role. What we see is a lot more tangible for our thoughts and actions, but I doubt that all deities, tutelary or otherwise, are on that...spectrum of 'evil'.

"That I can banish spirits was something people would or could not do before; people are more diverse in how things...manifest from them. Did you know people couldn't do this, or what any of you do, years back? I plan to collate history and memorize people such as the fellows here for future generations."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: October 23, 2017, 10:39:53 am »

There are some gods that are somewhat evil, very evil, neutral, somewhat good, very good, etc. But I said that the gods are evil to simplify it, since if I remember correctly those who went against the "very evil" gods were downgraded to Archangels at most and  banished to earth as dark spirits at least.
Explaining this is hard, okay? I bet Cilber could explain it waaay better than me, I'm just theorizing with the few things I know.
The few thing I know that I have confirmed as facts are few.

Right now, I'm more worried about Lyirah and the inquisitor guy more than this god problem we have here.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: October 23, 2017, 04:58:05 pm »

Listen, I trust you, but I still don't trust Cilber at all.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: October 23, 2017, 05:25:53 pm »

Even if he had lied, it would change nothing. My objetives have always been the same since I bonded with Fzbxr. To put an end to this battle between undead,
demons, spirits and humans. I feel that if I support him, I might be able to accomplish this.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: October 23, 2017, 11:01:47 pm »

Serrana felt something important was in mind. She honestly did not know the depth of the lore of the Gods, but only on the lore on Spirits, even if both may even be correlated.

"Who is this Cilber, and why has anyone let them establish a local domain within a fortress? I mean a church is a fortress in a way too. And how long has this been known?"

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: October 24, 2017, 06:21:22 am »

As far as I know, Cilber is an Archangel and maybe used to be a god? I don't really know anything else. He was probably banished to our world for going against the gods or something similar. I don't know what you are talking about "within" a fortress? The Cathedral is very far in the east. I came here by a portal.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: October 24, 2017, 08:14:50 pm »

Erm, Dark One, just to clear something up: when I'm in dragon form, do I look like a full-on dragon, or am I something like an 8 foot tall still-humanoid dragon guys with the whole dragon head and wings and tail and stuff (as opposed to the 6 foot tall lizardman-type guy I normally am)? I tend to envision it the latter way, but this past turn has made me a bit confused as to what your vision was.
Was just wondering.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: October 24, 2017, 08:21:56 pm »

he's been gone for 3 days again. I know it's not fun, but we have to give him a chance to respond instead of filling the thread with more posts.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: October 25, 2017, 04:19:27 am »

Turn 71

[Renald: 1, Imp: 6] Wanderer takes a brimstone chunk out of his pocket and held it up in front of the smoke imp. Demon stared at the chunk for a while, then hissed out: What's this rock gonna do, huh? - then it charged at Renald and scratched him several times, until it mistakenly destroyed the chunk. The brimstone turned into dust and severely burnt the imp!

[4 +1] After resting, Aaron decided to scour the village for as many charms as possible. Within piles of ash and several burnt houses, he was able to find a few brimstone chunks left by demons hiding in the area before lightnings struck. Searching further he was able to find something rather interesting - a wyvern's tooth!

I need to go to the mountains. The demigoddess Lyirah was traveling there to regain her powers and I promised to help. If I don't hurry up I won't be able to support her. Also an archangel told me that if I took her to the cathedral she could increase her powers to help them defeat the evil gods who cursed us and caused the undead and demons to invade, and I agreed to help him find her and bring her to the safety of the Cathedral. He is a very wise archangel and havig a safe place where to rest and learn could be useful to us. Will you guys come with me? I can't do this alone and I don't want to abandon the group. Cilber might even reward us if we do it, with either answers or weapons, so please consider joining me. - Pguhyuh told others about his mission and attempted to convince them into helping him.

[4] Using the shard of Underworld, demonologist opened a portal to Abyss.

With this portal I haven opened, we should have easy access to the mountains. Then I can use it to return to the Unavented Cathedral or this village with this shard the Archangel Cilber gave me. - he then said.

I'm inclined to come along. Gettin' on the good sides of a goddess and an archangel sounds like a good deal to me. If we had that, then maybe we can start actually fixin' this mess the world's in. Anyone else coming? - Dennis agreed and asked.

To be clear, I trust this fallen angel about as far as we can throw him, which, barring dragon man over there, isn't very far. However, I'm coming along, someone needs to watch your back and make sure you don't lead us all and the demigoddess strait into a trap. - Lysander replied, ordering his minions to follow him and Pguhyuh.

I'll follow you once I'm done looting for charms. - dragonruler said, inspecting the wyvern's tooth.

[4] While he knew that wyverns were a thing of past, living far before dragons, presence of their scales and teeth meant that something greater was coming. Looking at this well preserved tooth, Aaron noticed tiny canals in it, from which the venom was still dripping out!

I trust you all know what you're doing. - Serrana said, then turned to Erlath's spirit and asked: Any idea on how you'll enact your vengeance with us?

[6] Haven't you listened to heavily armored freak that just opened a portal here? There's a cathedral, an archangel and a demigoddess! What's more, their goal is much like mine - defeat the gods! - the spirit exclaimed, exorcist's halberd glowing red as it spoke.

Don't worry, everyhing is going to be fine as long that we stay together.  I don't think we have met before, have we? I am Pguhyuh, a foreign scholar from the east and this is my companion Fzbxr, a smoke demon I bound to my soul. So, who are you? - Pguhyuh said and asked.

I am Serrana, part of a local exorcist order. Local meaning 'neighboring'; I am here on my own reasons, and my halberd has a vengeful spirit who wants to kill Gods; in respect of atheism, it was not right for them to curse him and put him into a small idol. Which is very strange as a motive, and not becoming as far as my knowledge goes of "Gods" and deities.. - exorcist replied, introducing her spirit companion to others.

I can understand his feelings towards gods. Gods are total assholes considering all the information I have collected. Lots of curses and almost not a single good thing for humanity. They just... inserted themselves in history and slaved humanity. Didn't even create us, one of the few things they made in this world was death itself. Also cursed the Daemei with insanity and transformed them in the current demons, and caused the dead to rise as undead and attack their people. Those undead used to be human. They are being manipulated by the gods as a punishment to us for not adoring and worshipping them enough because of the war. The Archangel Cilber has been recruting demigods to destroy the current gods at the Unavented Cathedral. I bet Erlath would be glad to help them slay the gods. - demonologist explained the situation, then after a while he added: ...Yeah, I hate gods.

We've noticed. - Aaron said a bit mockingly, joining in with others.

Good. I just wanted to be clear. If anyone has any question, just ask me. - demonologist said, and Lysander hastily added: And then ask someone else, you should try to get all the facts and not just one side. Have you noticed you have only listened to people who hate the gods and no others before making your opinion? I'm not saying the gods are the good guys, I agree that based on what we know, they are being assholes, but I also trust Cilber only as far as I can throw him.

Well, not all gods are evil. It just happens that most of them are evil and removed the powers of the few good ones. What Cilber wants is to switch the old, ancient gods with the new demigods to solve this whole undead problem we have here. Remember I'm just making theories and I'm not 100% sure about some stuff. But the gods caused the undead to rise and because of this they are our enemies. - Pguhyuh clarified.

And that makes part and parcel of why I am an exorcist--the division of morality as one major role. What we see is a lot more tangible for our thoughts and actions, but I doubt that all deities, tutelary or otherwise, are on that...spectrum of 'evil'. - exorcist said, then added: That I can banish spirits was something people would or could not do before; people are more diverse in how things...manifest from them. Did you know people couldn't do this, or what any of you do, years back? I plan to collate history and memorize people such as the fellows here for future generations.

There are some gods that are somewhat evil, very evil, neutral, somewhat good, very good, etc. But I said that the gods are evil to simplify it, since if I remember correctly those who went against the "very evil" gods were downgraded to Archangels at most and  banished to earth as dark spirits at least. Explaining this is hard, okay? I bet Cilber could explain it waaay better than me, I'm just theorizing with the few things I know. The few thing I know that I have confirmed as facts are few. - great diplomat thrown in a bit more into discussion about gods, then said: Right now, I'm more worried about Lyirah and the inquisitor guy more than this god problem we have here.

Listen, I trust you, but I still don't trust Cilber at all. - Lysander said.

Even if he had lied, it would change nothing. My objetives have always been the same since I bonded with Fzbxr. To put an end to this battle between undead, demons, spirits and humans. I feel that if I support him, I might be able to accomplish this. - Pguhyuh explained his motives.

Serrana felt something important was in mind. She honestly did not know the depth of the lore of the Gods, but only on the lore on Spirits, even if both may even be correlated. Who is this Cilber, and why has anyone let them establish a local domain within a fortress? I mean a church is a fortress in a way too. And how long has this been known? - she asked.

As far as I know, Cilber is an Archangel and maybe used to be a god? I don't really know anything else. He was probably banished to our world for going against the gods or something similar. I don't know what you are talking about "within" a fortress? The Cathedral is very far in the east. I came here by a portal. - Pguhyuh said.

[1] Ending the conversation, they all stepped into the portal one by one, and ended up at courtyard of darkrider fortress! Two darkrider knights approached them!

[5] Wanderers, what brings you here? The wastes of Abyss are not a hospitable nor welcoming place. But such is the Axewrath as well! - one of dark spirits said. You are lucky you haven't ended up in a keep of abyssal knights, they wouldn't be so gentle! - said the other one.

[2] You may leave now, but remember for the next time - the entry to darkrider fortress is paid with blood! - the spirit said, hurling a lightning at a switch high above the gates, opening them.

[Roboson: 6, Undead soldier: 4] Enchanter kept fighting! He charged at the undead soldier and started punching it until it's head turned into a bloody pulp, but he got very exhausted by it. However, it wasn't enough to kill it and the undead retaliated!

[Undead soldier: 3, Roboson: 4 -2] The zombie slashed Roboson back, mortally wounding him!

[1] Reynald wanted to look for anything interesting in the rotting body of a dragon, but it started rapidly decomposing and he had to run away, or he'd suffocate in miasma!

[4] With Lyirah, they found their way out of the dragon, to fresh air.

So Liyrah, how shall we proceed from here? Do we rest and recover, or should we press on and rest when we find your father's spear? - inquisitor asked.

[4] I think we should go on. I have a feeling that someone is after the spear as well, we can't let anyone take it! - she replied.

[4] Demigoddess hastily constructed another gargoyle and with Reynald they took off!

[2] After a rather long while of flying around the mountains blindly, Lyirah finally spotted the cave they should enter!

[4] Gargoyle landed and they all entered the caves. Amethyst crystals were glowing brightly here, illuminating their way with eerie, pale purple light. After several turns, larger and smaller sub-caverns, they reached a rock gate with runic engravings. This is it! - Lyirah exclaimed, then touched a seal that was on the gate.

[4] The gate opened with a loud creak and the whole mountain started shaking! Billows of dust filled the air and after they settled down, Reynald and Lyirah could see an expansive cavern in front of them. In the middle of it, there was a pedestal with something long lying on it. That's the spear! We must get it quickly! - demigoddess shouted.

[Stan: 2 +1, Imp: 5] Demonologist tried to blast the imp again, but it swiftly dodged his attack and thrown a firebolt back at him!

Imp: [10/30]

Smoke Imp: -45 HP [15/60]

Dennis: [60/60]
Aaron: Found Wyvern's Tooth, found 6x brimstone chunk [80/80]
Reynald: [59/90]
Pguhyuh: [75/75]
Lysander: [45/45]
Serrana: [60/60]
Renald: -10 HP, lost brimstone chunk [10/20]
Roboson: -9 HP [1/25]
Stan: -5 HP [15/20]

Smoke: [120/120]
Naablvat: [140/140]

Stumpy: [80/120]
Erlath's spirit: [180/180]
Lyirah: [256/256]

OOC

Sorry for recent update delays. I was busy and tired, and now I'm ill on top of that...

Wyvern's Tooth - Grants poison immunity, allows to poison weapons, giving them +40 toxic damage and +5 toxic damage per turn, for 4 turns

Erm, Dark One, just to clear something up: when I'm in dragon form, do I look like a full-on dragon, or am I something like an 8 foot tall still-humanoid dragon guys with the whole dragon head and wings and tail and stuff (as opposed to the 6 foot tall lizardman-type guy I normally am)? I tend to envision it the latter way, but this past turn has made me a bit confused as to what your vision was.
Was just wondering.

Depends on the form. The usual dragon form turns you into the latter, while some stronger dragon forms fully turn you into dragons, like shadow dragon form.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 04:23:48 am by Dark One »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: October 25, 2017, 05:08:07 am »

"Well...that I suppose"
back away from the imp as quickly as possible and shoot it with the bow.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 06:34:27 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: October 25, 2017, 05:55:16 am »

Wait, are we at the place that Pguh wanted us to get to, or someplace else?

And thanks for clearing that up.

In addition to whatever I'll be doing later, give all of those brimstone chunks to Lysander, except for the one that I'd already owned.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 166