Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 167760 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Ending is near
« Reply #2400 on: May 28, 2018, 04:41:19 am »

((I've been reading back and admittedly the main problem for me is the recency--I just entered a game where people's folks all know each other and the conflicts therein >_> I don't know WHAT to act now as I didn't see anything happen))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: May 28, 2018, 07:59:31 am »

((Really, the only ones who probably know what is going on are Aaron and Pguh, while the Demon King has some innate knowledge. You can try talking with Dennis or Reynald, or ask Aaron for an IC explanation of the recent events.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: May 28, 2018, 08:44:41 am »

Tir, you just need to get to a shrine and get your spirit guy to open it up for you. Okay?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: May 28, 2018, 08:56:57 am »

((I think the game is going to end next turn, depending on what happens to Cilber. At least things are greatly going to change depending if my plan works or Reynad kills him before I do my thing.))
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: May 29, 2018, 10:01:11 pm »

((I've been reading back and admittedly the main problem for me is the recency--I just entered a game where people's folks all know each other and the conflicts therein >_> I don't know WHAT to act now as I didn't see anything happen))

((Hey, that's no problem. I don't think Dennis has ever understood what was going on and yet it never stopped him.

Anyway, like Glass said, all you need to do is have RGN send you to a shrine and then have your pet ghost let you ascend. This will mean you effectively win the game by surviving the apocalypse. However, RGN seems to think he might be able to win the game right now, so you might just want to hang out here for a turn to see what happens. ))
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: May 29, 2018, 10:19:10 pm »

((I have a big plan to solve the corruption. If it works, the corruption will probably be removed and the world will be restored or something close. If it fails, Reynald probably has to refight Cilber, but he will have help from Serrana and Dennis, so it will be easier.))

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: May 30, 2018, 03:27:39 am »

The game will end exactly at turn number one hundred, and have the epilogue thingy afterwards (or - How RNG made you die to a flaming pig).

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: May 30, 2018, 05:53:15 am »

The game will end exactly at turn number one hundred, and have the epilogue thingy afterwards (or - How RNG made you die to a flaming pig).
((Oh, I wonder what will those last 10 turns be if my thingy works well.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: May 30, 2018, 09:16:29 pm »

Tir, you just need to get to a shrine and get your spirit guy to open it up for you. Okay?
I know. It's more that I'm lost in the scenery. >.> Nudging like these doesn't help me be attached. :-\
Alongside the idea that I have no idea that a shrine can be 'opened'. I'm working with 0 details other than a prophecy, and 0 details on 'how' it works.

Notify Erlath about the importance of a shrine; find a way into the cathedral with him.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Afterworld
« Reply #2409 on: May 31, 2018, 01:08:05 pm »

Turn 90

[1] As Pguhyuh stepped closer to the force field, Aaron approached him and gave him a large, blood red gem. Demonologist felt that there was great purifying power concealed within it, but the object refused to change owner! It seems that spirits watching over the stone, or living inside it, decided to not help Pguhyuh!

[Reynald: 3 +2, Darkfallen Cilber: 6 +2] Inquisitor charged at the fallen archangel who were on the ground with a mighty strike, but Cilber rolled out!

[5] Spectral Lysander throwed a childish, Dennis-alike insult at Cilber and got his full attention!

[Reynald: 3 +2, Darkfallen Cilber: 4 +2] Reynald promptly followed with a skullcrusher, greatly enhanced by a sacrifice off his own blood, but one swift move of a glaive blocked the attack! The Darkfallen stroke the ground with the shaft of his weapon and released enough force to push Reynald slightly back!

[1 +3] Just when the inquisitor was pushed away, Pguhyuh moved to the area in front of the altar, where the battle took place. It was nearly ruined by Reynald's and Cilber's duel, yet the destruction never reached the altar itself, as if it was protected by someone from above. Ah, I see that my friend had returned, as always looking for answers! - the archangel welcomed demonologist with outstretched hands. Let us cease hostilities and talk, and make it honest for once! - Cilber said strapping the glaive to his back.

[4 +3] Pguhyuh moved closer to the fallen archangel and asked his question. Why? Why did he cause this, why did he corrupt the chains, why did he create the undead curse? Was he jealous of the other entities? Was he angry for being weaker than the creator? What did he want to archieve from this? What was his goal? To create, to destroy or to change?

The answer is simple, my friend. Because such was my purpose, the destiny given to me by forces even greater than creators in the void! There never were even the slightest bits of jealousy in my actions! Can't you truly see? Just look at your draconic companion! The chains were corrupted and the abyssal curse brought upon the land as a sacrifice! A great sacrifice so that those potent enough could be set free! Free from the eternal slavery that is keeping you tied by chains! - Cilber exclaimed, golden embers shining in his eyes.

[Pguhyuh: 1 +3, Darkfallen Cilber: 6 +2] Demonologist attempted to persuade Cilber to leave his plans and accept his cleansing, but the fallen archangel was completely untouched by his speech!

[Pguhyuh: 2 +6, Darkfallen Cilber: 5 +2] Seeing that there is no other choice, Pguhyuh decided to sacrifice himself to empower his spell of grand cleansing. He kneeled keeping his head down. Something suddenly appeared in his hand - it was the red gem that previously refused to go with him. It seems that the spirits took pity on him and decided to aid him in his last moments. Pguhyuh's clutch on the Blood Omen was as strong as possible. Cilber had drawn his blade and prepared to deal a strike, to slash great diplomat's head off. Reynald immediately jumped over Pguhyuh in an attempt to attack, but Cilber dodged out. The two started their fiery dance, continuing their whirlwind of destruction while Pguhyuh gathered energy. All his memories, emotions, beliefs, faith and power contained within his items. Teardrops fell on the ground as beams of pale-blue energy shot out of Pguhyuh's body, tearing his flesh and evaporating blood. Yet Pguhyuh wasn't the only one that felt this excruciating pain. Fzbxr stayed with him till the end, and out of his free will, formed union with demonologist. After a short, inhuman scream, a powerful wave of energy shot out of Pguhyuh and fully embraced Cilber!

[4] Pguhyuh's sacrifice paid off well! Cilber was completely cleansed off all his taint and corruption, then exploded, releasing a massive wave of energy that cleansed the whole world! As it moved, undead, dark spirits and demons were turned back to humans! Everything that died, not only during the last few months, but in the entire history of Axewrath turned back to life! The taint of the blackened Sun had disappeared and a new morning dawned on everyone!

[2 +2] Serrana told Erlath, who had just materialised as a tall, handsome man in front of her, that she needs to find a shrine. Looking around, he replied that they are in a cathedral, which clearly means that they are in an enormous shrine! Looking around, Serrana saw that they are in the inner sanctum of the cathedral, just in front of the altar.

Axeworth casted Aaron and Lysander back, just before they were about to say goodbye to everyone.

Darkness. There is nothing but a frightening and cold embrace of death. Pguhyuh wants to shiver, to warm himself up, but he can't. He has no body, yet he feels cold. He has no mind, yet he thinks about the warmth of life. He has no voice, but he has to scream! Mere seconds in this emptiness feel like passing through dreadful eternities! Alas, to live is to die! - a familiar voice echoed throughout the empty plane of death. Suddenly a bright flash of light warmed him up and freed him from torment! You deserve so much more for what you did! - the voice said with empathy, almost crying. In an instant, a chariot made of sunlight appeared in front of Pguhyuh. A hand moved out of this beacon of light in a welcoming gesture, and without hesitation, Pguhyuh moved towards it. His body was back! Pguhyuh entered the light and saw a cloaked figure in blue, gold hemmed robes. Hang on, we're off to take one more person! - the figure said and in a blink of an eye, the chariot stopped. Fzbxr had entered it and they moved on, to the high heavens! Far away from the void, from the binding chains! The figure turned back and it was no one else, but Jeremiah Nix! It really is good to see you! - he said and hugged them both.

Enemies

Darkfallen Cilber: Cleansed

Players

Health restored, cooldowns removed.

Pguhyuh Sugnta: Ascended!

GM Notes

I really want to thank randomgenericusername for participating in Undead Hunt! The game wouldn't be the same without him!

The corruption and taint had been cleansed, and all the dead were revived. You are now free to explore for the last ten turns or seek ascendency.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: May 31, 2018, 01:35:13 pm »

Axeworth, I'd just like to say: I told you so. :))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: May 31, 2018, 01:55:39 pm »

dark one, you seem to have forgotten what Sacrifice does. It forces my roll to act as a 5,  which means that the second attack SHOULD HAVE CONNECTED. And that's on top of giving ascension to the guy who did barely anything regarding this particular chain and had his own objective to do for ascension.
Suffice to say, I am more than a little miffed that happened when I was doing everything in my power to proceed.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: May 31, 2018, 02:00:31 pm »

I had your sheet open when I was writing the turn, checked whether you can use the skill or not and what it does, and yet failed to write the action properly! *Facepalms out of existence*

The attack wouldn't kill Cilber though, as he had healed last turn, but that was an epic failure from my side!

About Pguhyuh ascending: I simply couldn't leave him with such a bland ending. The urge to make it even more bland and overtly happy was irresistible.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:02:41 pm by Dark One »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: May 31, 2018, 02:01:29 pm »

Presumably, Cliber's eyes should be available.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: May 31, 2018, 02:14:54 pm »

dark one, you seem to have forgotten what Sacrifice does. It forces my roll to act as a 5,  which means that the second attack SHOULD HAVE CONNECTED. And that's on top of giving ascension to the guy who did barely anything regarding this particular chain and had his own objective to do for ascension.
Suffice to say, I am more than a little miffed that happened when I was doing everything in my power to proceed.
I'm not sure why I ascended either, I thought it was pretty clear that I wasn't going to be able to ascend and that's why I picked dying over wasting everyone's time again. I don't really care if Pugh ends in hell forever or is erased from existence instead, and I think it might have been a little unfair for Reynald even if the inquisitor ended there by pure accident. But I guess it's ok because the plan worked out and everyone was saved? There also are 10 turns left, so Reynald can still probably ascend.

Also, while I might have done stuff, I think Undead Hunt wouldn't have been the same without any of the players, not just me. I loved playing this and I'm sure everyone else had fun. A loy of Pguh's personality wouldn't even exist without Reynald opposing him, for example. I also want to thank all of the players for participating on this RTD and Dark One for running this.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 166