Once Dark Rolls dies?
- 2 (28.6%)
Wouldn't sequelitis kill it?
- 0 (0%)
Obligatory joke option!
- 3 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166

Author Topic: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End  (Read 165793 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - Afterworld
« Reply #2460 on: June 08, 2018, 01:16:33 pm »

I reread the whole RTD over the past couple days. That was fun. I really wish I could draw well enough to do fanart or maybe some comics.

I was thinking of what classes our characters would be in D&D after going back through the discussion on alignments. I went for Pathfinder instead, because I'm more familiar with its non-core classes.

1.Reynald:I'm a bit reluctant to call him anything other than a paladin. He could also be an oddly constructed cavalier, fighter, or warpriest based on his moral ambiguity, lack of healing magic, and focus on dueling.

2.Serrana:Although Cleric would seem like the obvious choice, Oracle might work better given her focus on spirits.

3.Dennis:Commoner, but one that somehow survived to high level with high Constitution and ranks in Bluff and Intimidate.

4.Aaron Blaze:Steelblood Bloodrager/Dragon Disciple. Bloodrager would get him his spells, Steelblood would get him his armor, and Dragon Disciple would do the rest.

5.Pguhyuh:Summoner. Smoke is his eidolon.

6.Lysander:Sorcerer with the Infernal bloodline. He's also the only one I'd stat as a non-human. Probably a tiefling.

7.Bob, Jacob, Jonathan, Alexander, Steven McGurn:All of these are commoners.

8.Roboson:Wizard, but we didn't see him for very long so I'm guessing.

9.Renald(Crazyabe's character, not Dustan's.):Fighter.

10.Stan Alexander Tanerus:Probably a summoner.

11.Ferron, Bentfear, and Vivian MacFurich:They were alchemists in the RTD, which matches well with Pathfinder's alchemist.

12.Eric Grimkelsson:Barbarian. His description calls him one and he was roleplayed this way for as long as he was around.

13.Jeremiah Nix:Deities don't have stats in Pathfinder.

PS:Am I correct in assuming that Dennis gets the last couple turns of the RTD to himself after Serrana and Dustan ascend?

Also, bump.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 01:19:26 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: June 08, 2018, 01:34:16 pm »

Did I ever actually get any proper armor? I’m pretty sure I was just wearing my wanderer’s cloak most of the game. I was just impossible to hit.
Mind you, had I at any point managed to get my hands on a set of Drakrider’s Armor...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: June 08, 2018, 01:41:14 pm »

...I don’t think I put it on until much later.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: June 08, 2018, 02:12:45 pm »

Teifling Sorcerer is totally a character I'd play. I have actually had a player play as one. His name was Hitaz Trump, but we called him Hitler, which was his intention, because he used his 20 charisma to convince the other players to be evil. His first action was convincing one of the other players to convert to satanism. I actually have a lot of funny stories about times he was a horrible failure, like rolling a 1 against a spider in an attic, a normal spider mind you, not a giant one, or when he rolled a 1 to see what his penis size was. It was a wierd game.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 02:20:38 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: June 11, 2018, 02:09:32 am »

((AUGH I thought this post had gone through a few days back!))

. . .Ascend!

[6 +2] Then she used her faith healing skill to fully cure everyone in the cathedral. Suddenly, she felt presence of countless spirits around her and felt that they're taking her to the realm of spirits! Your connection with spirits was always very strong. This is what makes you a best candidate for a spiritual guide, a link between the realms! - the spirit exclaimed
"Hehe. Those two stuck in the same chariot ride. That'd be somethin' to see. Well Sarah, looks like we did it. The world is safe, and you're probably goin' off to become a goddess-type somewhere or another. I'd come with, but...I don't really want to? Now that I got myself my ox and a world where things aren't dyin' constantly under a black sun, I think I'd rather stick around and enjoy this place. I'll see you off, and then I'm goin' back home. Thanks for fixin' the leg, by the way."
"A bridge doesn't mean I'll be gone from one or ther other; this means I can be elsewhere at once, like Pugh's portals. I've a lot of feelings to sort out but I'll be helping the rest of you in the meantime."

Also ask if Erlath is ok since his downfall into the village shrine!

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
  • 'What do I care for your suffering?'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: June 15, 2018, 12:12:55 pm »

Update in progressTM

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: June 15, 2018, 11:25:48 pm »

Excellent! I'm looking forward to the ending. It turns out that only peasants could actually win, right?
My mods and forum games.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: June 16, 2018, 06:15:16 am »

Turn 93

Reynald Smithson

I cannot in good faith stand as an equal with any god, for I am but a man. I am a tenacious man, but my origin and flaws are clear to me and to deny those facts would only further strip away my meaning. However, I am prepared to accept responsibility, to purge the corrupt and evil from the chains, till I can no longer perform my duty. - Reynald said.

Pguhyuh triggered by Jeremiah's words whispered: And here we go again... - then started an argument: Why does it must be with fire and sword? Does that truly makes us better than the corruption? So now we kill and destroy things because we don't understand them? Because they're different, we must erradicate them? Is this truly what you call justice? Now, before we do anything, I want you to explain what truly is the corruption and where did it come from. Because if creation was truly perfect, "flaws" like this shouldn't exist at all because there wouldn't be a concept for it in the first place unless it originated from it's creator. In which case, it wasn't truly a perfect creation. - he paused for a moment, then looked at Reynald and added: But keep in mind: If you feel that this is the right choice, I will let you follow this path and won't object. I don't have the right to make the choice for you.

here is a place for words and deeds, and there is a place for bloodshed and battle. They will not always be in equal measure, but do not mistake my actions to be bloodshed for the purpose of bloodshed alone. You might not have seen the beginning of my fight with Cilber, but the moment I had arrived he descended upon me with his glaive poised to pierce my heart. Had I not been trained to expect combat, his attack may well have ended me, and in turn ended everyone else as he absorbed my power. - inquisitor explained calmly.

Yet, Cilber must have originated from something or someone that was already corrupted. Don't you think so? Cilber, he probably is just one of many. Many will probably come after him. There's no dobut that the corruption itself isn't exactly "good" for us, but shouldn't we be looking for the reason of it's existence and origin instead of treating it's symptoms? I would rather not participate of another meaningless conflict against something we don't even fully understand. - Pguhyuh continued arguing.

Finally Jeremiah got his words in edgeways: The void always spawns opposites. From where the great creator ascended, came also the great destroyer. They were meant to balance each other, but destruction outweighed creation. The nature of Cilber and those alike to him is known. I respect your pacifist approach to the problem, but haven't your sacrifice did what Reynald was about to do? The cleansing led to death, an explosion that cured the world, but killed the one you tried to save from the corruption! - Jeremiah stopped, then said to Reynald: So be it. But be assured that even if you fail, we won't let it end like this!

Shining particles started gathering around Reynald. He felt lighter, much lighter than usual. After a while, he found himself in a ruined tower, blackened sun burning on the sky, bleeding corruption onto the world. He heard a commotion on the lower level of the building, and a long shriek.

Dennis & Serrana Weraldfaren

Hehe. Those two stuck in the same chariot ride. That'd be somethin' to see. Well Sarah, looks like we did it. The world is safe, and you're probably goin' off to become a goddess-type somewhere or another. I'd come with, but...I don't really want to? Now that I got myself my ox and a world where things aren't dyin' constantly under a black sun, I think I'd rather stick around and enjoy this place. I'll see you off, and then I'm goin' back home. Thanks for fixin' the leg, by the way. - Dennis said, watching Serrana ascend.

A bridge doesn't mean I'll be gone from one or ther other; this means I can be elsewhere at once, like Pugh's portals. I've a lot of feelings to sort out but I'll be helping the rest of you in the meantime. - Serrana said, standing between the realm of mortals and spirits. She didn't need to ascend at all, but only find the power within her!

[4] Dennis then took his ox and they went back to the village where he lived. It was quite far away, but he shoul get there fast.

[3] Serrana asked Erlath if he was ok since his downfall into the village shrine. He replied: I'm fine I guess. It'd take a long time before I get used to my body again.

Players

Reynald: Teleported to another realm!
Serrana: Ascended!

GM Notes

I think that's it about this game, the epilogue will come next.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: June 16, 2018, 08:24:13 am »

Do you still need an action from me?
My mods and forum games.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: June 16, 2018, 10:36:07 am »

"Alright, I just wanted to know! Everyone here should already know how much I hate not having an explanation to things. I just love hearing of different point of views!"

"So, now that I am here... What should I be doing? Seems like you already has a job for Reynald, and there isn't a lot to see from here."

"Maybe we could talk in the meanwhile, if time exists at all in this strange  and alien place. Tell me about the First Wanderer, maybe about Axeworth or even the Daemei. I think Fzbxr would like to know about his origins."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dark One

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undead Hunt - Dark Age Upon Us - The End
« Reply #2471 on: July 03, 2018, 05:37:42 am »

Epilogue

Alright, I just wanted to know! Everyone here should already know how much I hate not having an explanation to things. I just love hearing of different point of views! - Pguhyuh stated and asked: So, now that I am here... What should I be doing? Seems like you already has a job for Reynald, and there isn't a lot to see from here. Maybe we could talk in the meanwhile, if time exists at all in this strange  and alien place. Tell me about the First Wanderer, maybe about Axeworth or even the Daemei. I think Fzbxr would like to know about his origins.

You can leave and return at any time, but we may talk if you wish! - Jeremiah replied.

The curse of the blackened Sun has been lifted off and life started to flourish again. All the dead not only rose, but truly came back to life with their bodies, minds and spirits restored. The Underworld collapsed and resurfaced as Axewrath's neighbor continent, where Daemei and dread knights, brought back to life, await the return of their ruler. Great dragons returned to their fortresses in the mountains, gathering their followers. Peace has returned with faith and hope following it.

The peasant and his ox returned to their village, or rather remains of it, since the dread knight razed it to the ground. The only thing that survived was a shrine, untouched by any destructive powers that moved through the area. With all the people that were brough back, Dennis started rebuilding the village. When everything was back in its place, they took care of the fields and lived happily in their farmstead.

The inquisitor continued his war against corrupted forces destroying the chains of life. His combat prowess and unbreakable spirit allowed him to lead several successful crusades until the abyss thrown his perfect opposite against him. However, even death and blackened curse couldn't stop Reynald on his quest. As a revenant, he continued to battle with the taint until the end of time.

Free from the earthly confines, the draconic wanderer explored the infinite realms within the void, returning to the mountain fortresses every once in a while. Followers of the draconic path built Aaron his own chapel, where he could rest during his presence in Axewrath.

The demonologist and his demonic companion remained in High Heavens for a while, speaking with Jeremiah and other gods. When he learned everything that he wanted to know from them, Pguhyuh and Fzbxr descended back to Axewrath and headed to the city of knowledge. The former was hailed as Archmaster of Demonic Knowledge, while the latter became his advisor.

The exorcist continued to exist on the borders of spiritual and corporeal worlds. Serving as a link between people on Axewrath and Ancient Spirits, Serrana aided those who wanted to leave for eternal rest in the spirit realm.

Those that died without a chance to complete their adventures had also received another chance. A certain peasant named Bob returned to the ruins of Bogersberg and rebuilt his home. Another peasant, Jacob Cobbs was his name, returned to his drunken way of life. Jonathen Gaunt moved back to his farm. Alexander and Sightless Ghatzu moved to another continent to sit beside dread knights and darkriders. Roboson and Renald became wandering enchanters. Stan Alexander Tanerus met with Pguhyuh and Fzbxr on their way and came along with them, to practise his sorceries. Lysander Blackguard rose in the catacumbs and was freed from his shackles. His demonic changes reverted, just as with the rest of Daemei. He set off to reach the other continent and became the high ruler of the land. He resurrected Naablvat and ordered an enchanter to rebuild Stumpy as his royal guards. Bentfear received another chance at becoming an alchemist in Height Keep under the rule of the Great Duke Lysandr.

GM Notes

I'm not best at writing the epilogue thingy (or writing at all). Thanks to everyone for participating!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: July 03, 2018, 07:31:34 am »

Thanks for running it, Dark! I can promise, we all enjoyed playing it! :))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: July 03, 2018, 08:53:14 am »

This was probably one of the first RTD I participated in, and it also is one of the best. I particularly liked the way anyone could die at any moment, it made combat more serious and strategic.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: July 03, 2018, 10:22:57 am »

I apologize in advance for the "Club Penguin instructional video" quality.

This was great. It was better than any other RTD I've played, by far. Certainly, I was more attached to Dennis than I was to most of my D&D characters.

And I survived the whole way, too! Peasants forever! Now don' worry, I'm sure the rest o' your classes and such were plenty of fun and all, even if they weren' the best.
My mods and forum games.
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166