Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance  (Read 1051 times)

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
« on: February 16, 2019, 08:40:02 am »

This is one of those games that I've spent more time watching videos than actually playing, though not for lack of trying.  Anyone else remember this game?  Still has a pretty active community, and having a team of Dorfs to go pub-stomping with would be nice.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2019, 08:50:57 am »

It's still quite popular, for an RTS. I think most people here probably 'remember' it because they still play it. I love it, there's not quite another RTS I can think of which has a similar scale.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 09:00:31 am »

Heh, spring's stuff (and I guess by extension Zero-K), planetary annihilation, mostly. There's a few with similar playstyle.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2019, 09:26:44 am »

Heh, spring's stuff (and I guess by extension Zero-K), planetary annihilation, mostly. There's a few with similar playstyle.
I remember Planetary Annihilation.  Could never quite get into it, but I do appreciate what it offered for an RTS.
It's still quite popular, for an RTS. I think most people here probably 'remember' it because they still play it. I love it, there's not quite another RTS I can think of which has a similar scale.
Nice!  I do want to assemble a team for semi-regular practice.  Not talking super pro, but I definitely want to get better, and eventually have some fun in pubs.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2019, 11:34:44 am »

Don't we have like 2-3 threads on this already xD

I've been doing some FAF in the past year, tho since my connection has been spotty in the past several months I've kinda stopped playing for the most part. Still, I'd be willing to give it a shot, maybe it'd work out some of the time atleast :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2019, 12:42:32 pm »

Don't we have like 2-3 threads on this already xD

I've been doing some FAF in the past year, tho since my connection has been spotty in the past several months I've kinda stopped playing for the most part. Still, I'd be willing to give it a shot, maybe it'd work out some of the time atleast :V
The last thread was by me, a year ago :P  I'll put you down as a 'maybe'.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2019, 10:06:18 pm »

I'd like to join, but I don't know if that's the best idea. I'm chronically unskilled and my experience with prior players has been them getting extremely frustrated and going on tirades moreso than lending a hand.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2019, 10:46:45 am »

That's understandable.  However, consider that the key difference here is we're all Dorfs :P  Tirades are reserved for the Clowns.  Also I haven't played in half a year myself.  My goal is to have a team for semi-regular practice sessions, so we can eventually go pub stomping.  The biggest issue would be time commitment; a few hours per week.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2019, 12:09:43 pm »

I mean, there's nothing wrong playing easy and just testing stuff out, even in multiplayer for with mixed skills the ppl that know how to play can take the chance and test out the less strong strategies and maybe learn something.

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2019, 01:25:07 pm »

I mean, there's nothing wrong playing easy and just testing stuff out, even in multiplayer for with mixed skills the ppl that know how to play can take the chance and test out the less strong strategies and maybe learn something.
Exactly.  I'm not talking about e-sports perfection, but I do want to get better, and for a game like this, the best way is practice with a team.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 04:59:49 pm »

I've played a lot of Supreme Commander in the past. (A little above average in the FAF community).

I could probably help out with advice or what not if you get something going.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.