Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 21715 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite
« Reply #60 on: July 31, 2017, 09:27:19 am »

I am getting really close to the personal opinion that paying real life money for randomized loot... should be made illegal.

I am of the opinion that those who cannot control their gambling impulses, deserve what they get.
Of course, I'm certain that if I or anyone I care about had been negatively affected by gambling addiction, I would likely feel quite differently.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2017, 01:04:00 pm »

I am getting really close to the personal opinion that paying real life money for randomized loot... should be made illegal.

I am of the opinion that those who cannot control their gambling impulses, deserve what they get.
Of course, I'm certain that if I or anyone I care about had been negatively affected by gambling addiction, I would likely feel quite differently.

IF the majority of the money being made was from normal people... I'd be with you.

But when the majority of the money being made are from people who "cannot control their gambling addiction".

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 01, 2017, 11:41:01 am »

Why not just trade for weapons? You can drop them in game. If it let's you drop the crafting materials to, you can just pass stuff along that way.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 01, 2017, 09:36:04 pm »

Why not just trade for weapons? You can drop them in game. If it let's you drop the crafting materials to, you can just pass stuff along that way.

People can and do trade. I made 3 of my best assault rifle for a guy just today. But lacking any sort of marketplace, or official trading forum, or direct trading GUI, the whole process just feels a bit clunky.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2017, 11:13:38 pm »

Next patch content has been announced!
Tentatively aimed for late August/early September, we can look forward to a Survival mode, designed to last 14 game days(a fortnight).
I'm excited!

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2017, 12:31:48 am »

Next patch content has been announced!
Tentatively aimed for late August/early September, we can look forward to a Survival mode, designed to last 14 game days(a fortnight).
I'm excited!

I feel like a long-term (relatively) hardcore survival mode was something the game sorely needed and I'm happy to hear it. Now we have something to strive to grind in and aim for, similar to grinding legendary gear in Diablo 3 and other mmos.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 25, 2017, 05:23:16 pm »

Dev Update #4

TLDW:
The update on the 29th will include a free package for all players consisting of inventory and schematic slots(to accommodate the new schematics and resources being added), as well as a weapon and people llama. There will also be quests in each region related to the new game features, rewarding players with mythic survivors and legendary weapons. There is also supposed to be one extremely challenging quest that will reward players with their choice of one of the four new legendary heroes!

Yay free stuff!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2017, 12:13:04 pm »

Patch Notes!

OMG so much good stuff! I can't wait to play!
I've been using in-game matchmaking up till now without issue, but I'm going to try finding some premade groups through Discord for this survival mode.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 30, 2017, 10:53:31 am »

Shortly after the patch, I joined up with the first random discord group that would take me for a 14 day lvl 40 survival run.
It turned out, all 3 of the guys I was with did not know the first thing about effective fort design. So I basically spent the entire time running around frantically throwing up funnels and walls, and trying to salvage what the others had built into something useful. Over the course of those 14 days and nights, I expended every last resource I had, building dozens of traps each night and crafting weapons and ammo for my under-prepared allies. As the final night turned to day, half of our generators were under 10% health, but we somehow managed to scrape by and claim our rewards. This was definitely the most exciting Fortnite adventure I've been on, and I can't wait to do it again!

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2017, 11:22:56 am »

I didn't really have a lot of interest in Fortnite, but this is kind of interesting:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-09-20-pubg-inspired-fornite-battle-royale-will-launch-as-a-free-standalone-game

Sounds like it'll have no pay to win either, so it could be pretty fun.  I liked the idea behind Player Unknowns Battlegrounds, but the graphics and gameplay looked pretty horrible, so maybe this will be better?
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2017, 06:57:54 pm »

The Fortnite population seems to be pretty evenly divided...half of them love Battle Royale, the other half hate the fact that the money they spent on a PvE game is being used to fund development of a PvP game now. Personally, I'm in the latter camp.

In other news, the next round of updates was announced today.

Horde Bash update expected on or before 10/17, with 4 new heroes, 9 new weapons, new quests and a new game mode. Bear in mind that the last round of 'new' heroes were a literal copy-paste job with a weak re-skin, and the last round of new weapons were only slightly better being copies of existing weapon categories with boosted impact stats that generally had minimal impact on gameplay. I am looking forward to the new gameplay mode though.

Halloween update on or before 10/31, including new biome, 8 themed heroes, and new quests.

December update is expected to introduce event-currency, allowing players to purchase the specific rewards they are looking for.

Before the end of the year they want to introduce systems to control the bonus rolls on items.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2017, 04:04:59 pm »

Horde Bash is here!

The new game mode involves 10 defense waves with extremely limited resources for weapons, traps, and walls. Each player also gets to pre-build a fort before the match starts.

The limitations have certainly forced me to re-think my approach to defense on several fronts, and imo it's a lot of fun.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2017, 08:02:56 pm »

Earlier this month a patch significantly reworked weapon and ability damage scaling calculations. This effectively made many previously-useless heroes and their abilities now totally viable.

This month has also seen some significant revisions to the graphics engine, resulting in a much better looking game.

Today's Halloween patch started a new event with a thematic tileset and series of spooky quests, and of course seasonal weapons and heroes.

Anyone who had been on the fence about getting into Fortnite, it's in a pretty good place right now.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 04, 2018, 10:51:38 pm »

A friend of mine gifted me this for the holidays, and I must say I've been enjoying it.

My only real gripe is that I'm only level 15 and already uncommon level gear/people are pretty much superfluous. Even rares are starting to become a bit redundant. It feels a lot like high-level Diablo, except I'm really not that far in yet.

Does the Evolution of things from 1-star to 3-star really matter all that much? Should I be holding on to some of these uncommons to upgrade them? Or is holding out for epic/legendary gear just the thing to do?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 05, 2018, 01:01:52 am »

Does the Evolution of things from 1-star to 3-star really matter all that much? Should I be holding on to some of these uncommons to upgrade them? Or is holding out for epic/legendary gear just the thing to do?

One of Fortnite's faults is that it's far too easy early on. Once you level up a bit things get more challenging, and those star upgrades become absolutely essential if you want to keep killing husks before they smash your defenses.
Be warned however, each star upgrade will change the recipe to use ingredients from the next tier. If you haven't unlocked the next area yet, you might not be able to craft the weapon you just upgraded!

Epic/Legendary gear will come soon enough, especially if you do the event quests. Sell the common stuff early on if you need space. As soon as you unlock the unlimited transmutation recipes, start transmuting low tier stuff up to blue quality before you sell it, so you will get a Training Manual from the sale which you can use for evolving stuff. Survivor's are usually the cheapest thing to transmute and their training manuals the most in demand, though ymmv.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9