Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Fortnite  (Read 21678 times)

pilgrimboy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortnite
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2018, 08:15:43 am »

So I went to their website to read more about the game because this thread peaked my interest. However, it is totally focused on the Battle Royale.
Regular writer at a totally non-related Christian blog, Pulling Weeds Out Of Potholes

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2018, 04:35:51 pm »

I'm rather fond of the Battle Royale mode.  I've had some really good games beginning in Tilted Towers, as well as Tomato Town.

What's funny to me is that the less populated parts of the map, even places there's NO REASON for anyone to jump (like an coastal house on the other side of the map from the bus), end up really populated most of the time.  The players that jump there seem to hide until just before the storm hits.  Its like a whole other ecosystem of players, whenever a fight breaks out a whole bunch of them try to sneak in for an easy kill and then they end up fighting the winner and each other.  Sometimes there'll be a ridiculous pile of loot because no one can safely pick it up; they just keep running in for their easy kill and adding to the pile.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2018, 06:01:19 pm »

Recent updates have added a Hoverboard for rapid transport in Save the World mode. There are already tons of amazing YouTube videos of people building courses and then boarding across them.

There is also a live Valentines/ChineseNewYear event, featuring lots of earned loot boxes, weapons and heroes, and a defense map where your team can bring up to four Defenders!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2018, 11:51:09 am »

Hopefully my busted finger will be good to use again soon. Can't play fortnite well when I can't right-click properly. :(
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2018, 03:43:33 pm »

New patch is here, bringing many quality of life improvements. Most notable is the long-requested ability to run without burning stamina. Also increased stack-size for many traps and resources, freeing up much needed backpack space.

This patch also brings the final quest of the Spring event, making it a great time to hop in and complete quests for quick loot.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2018, 03:27:33 pm »

That bunny sticker is my new favorite thing ever.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2018, 12:55:14 pm »

Do people still play the pve mode or has the free pvp mode crushed it?
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2018, 12:59:42 pm »

I've been doing PvE a lot lately to finish the Spring event before it ends, and to buy the egg-launcher shown above. Playing in Canny at all level ranges, I generally get a full party within 5 minutes of joining the event maps.
I'm playing on PC though; can't speak for the other platforms.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 05, 2018, 04:03:10 pm »

Is this popular? I tried it and couldn't seem to hit anyone. 🤷
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2018, 05:46:34 pm »

I've been doing the PvP with some friends a few times a week now. Decent fun with other people, tho playing solo just makes me salty. The rotating special modes are pretty fun tho, especially the current high explosive one, guided missle wars are damn fun to do.

Interested in seeing how the PvE mode plays, hopefully they release that soon and don't just abandon it like Paragon since BR is just raking in all of the money right now.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 05, 2018, 06:00:35 pm »

PvE is a lot of fun, though I found Plankerton to rather abandoned back in January. Then I broke my finger and haven't touched any fps games in a while so I have no idea how the current population is. I'll have to check back in once I get the splint off my finger in a few weeks.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2018, 12:19:27 pm »

Is this popular? I tried it and couldn't seem to hit anyone. 🤷

Yes, it seems to be quite popular.

I had the same problem when I first started. I don't know what it is exactly, part of it is that most weapons are fairly inaccurate at range, but more so if you're moving or spraying. With a common assault rifle now I can usually hit someone from almost any distance, but I have to take single shots.  I used to play a lot of counter-strike, so it's not as if I'm not used to having to exercise trigger discipline.

The player models are also pretty skinny, and although you don't move super fast, when jumping around and moving side to side it can be hard to hit people. 

Sniping weapons have projectiles with travel time (And they're ridiculously slow at that). They also drop, so sniper weapons are a lot harder to use than in other games where they are hitscan. You have to lead your target and shoot high at a distance.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2018, 03:36:58 pm »

New patch is live!
New PvE event season has begun, featuring the return of 7-night survival, and a new set of energy-weapons to aquire.
Also included are more quality-of-life features, including greatly increased cap on building materials held, and Outlanders can now use weakened versions of their abilities without any charges!

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 20, 2018, 01:09:32 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I just rolled this as my event quest reward O_O

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 20, 2018, 01:32:16 am »

Niiiice
Come play Mafia with us!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9