Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventurers having children, or: breeding a better race of dwarf.  (Read 2313 times)

Thecookpot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

The idea goes as thus:

I have a truly Herculean adventurer and want to spread his genes throughout my fort.

However, it turns out that Toady has hardcoded adventurers to not be attracted to others.

I would love to breed a superior race of dwarf with lineages who's names are spoken in legend, but this one minor detail is stopping me.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventurers having children, or: breeding a better race of dwarf.
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 11:25:53 pm »

Devnotes.
Adventurers marry, settle down, have kids, play as their children later.

In the meantime, dfhack has a way of switching a characters sexuality which works for adventurers too.

Thecookpot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 12:17:29 am »

In the meantime, dfhack has a way of switching a characters sexuality which works for adventurers too.

Actually, that command takes specific issue with using it on adventurers. It works on everything but them, apparently.

Believe me, I've tried.

(Unless I've been doing it wrong, somehow)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 12:37:07 am »

Oh, well there you go. It always seems to be suggested as the way to solve the issue, never got round to trying it myself.

Anyhow, this is planned to be solved eventually without mods. Once Toady's figured out how an adventurer's familiy are supposed to react to them (without crashing) I guess.

Of course that leads to the pandora's box of poetry, romance, courting rituals and all those other icky details people are just dying to try out. So might take a while.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2017, 04:16:13 am »

Actually, that command takes specific issue with using it on adventurers. It works on everything but them, apparently.

Believe me, I've tried.

(Unless I've been doing it wrong, somehow)
Seems like it's working for other people:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=159709.0