Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Most anti-climactic death?  (Read 30104 times)

Feathermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most anti-climactic death?
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2017, 02:24:33 pm »

It'd have to be the adventurer I took from one end of the world to the other on a quest to slay the dragon at the south pole. After a long journey filled with adventure they defeated the dragon with ease and retired on a pile of treasure and dragon meat.. only for Legends Viewer to report them slain by an elven administrator with zero combat skills post retirement.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2017, 03:40:38 pm »

@Feathermind a.k.a. Choked to death on a pineapple.
@Max™ That can happen?
@duckman I had water freeze behind me right after leaving it.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2017, 03:48:19 pm »

One of my favorite adventurers tried to catch a fish and passed out in a river. He froze to death right next to the site he and his companion were building. All because I suck at ambushing small animals.

MrLurkety

• Bay Watcher
  • Bogeymen are tasty. So am I, to the bogeymen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2017, 04:12:05 pm »

Going swimming and becoming encased by ice.
Bay12 Evo game
-snip-
I'm not an expert on the political climate but I'm pretty sure that politicians don't join armies and invade dwarven fortresses.

Feathermind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2017, 04:17:42 pm »

@Feathermind a.k.a. Choked to death on a pineapple.

I just assumed it was death by paperwork.  The adventurer retired in an elven retreat, and her poor dwarven heart probably gave out when, after painstakingly filling out all the paperwork for residency, citizenship, business license, permit for sale of exotic meats, etcetera, she was told she had to do it all over again because it was on the wrong kind of paper.

The administrator later claimed responsibility for her death on his tax forms, because this kind of thing happens a lot and it's standard policy to do so.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 04:27:47 pm by Feathermind »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2017, 06:47:53 pm »

It can happen now, dragonfire fucks everything up now, and I forgot the times I've been traveling and checking out volcano sites on glaciers, leave travel mode > go to take a step > you have been encased in ice...

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2017, 09:14:19 pm »

*ignore*   :-[

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:15:56 pm by Eater of Vermin »
Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2017, 03:57:27 am »

I should know better than to tempt the rivers by now, but several times this adventure I've gotten lucky and the opposite happened. I stepped 2-4 tiles from the river I got out of when it freezes behind me.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2017, 04:40:35 am »

I just assumed it was death by paperwork.  The adventurer retired in an elven retreat, and her poor dwarven heart probably gave out when, after painstakingly filling out all the paperwork for residency, citizenship, business license, permit for sale of exotic meats, etcetera, she was told she had to do it all over again because it was on the wrong kind of paper.
:'D
(That was a good one.)
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2017, 10:33:42 pm »

*ignore*   :-[
Let me guess, you tried to eat a fire snake?

No, wait. Probably just choked on a fly.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2017, 03:26:42 am »

It'd have to be the adventurer I took from one end of the world to the other on a quest to slay the dragon at the south pole. After a long journey filled with adventure they defeated the dragon with ease and retired on a pile of treasure and dragon meat.. only for Legends Viewer to report them slain by an elven administrator with zero combat skills post retirement.

Administrators are the job title given to soldiers when they are not in a squad I believe. Your elf probably has acquired combat skills in a squad/army before the final shodown. I hope he got a heroic title of his victory

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2017, 06:15:22 am »

Administrators are the job title given to soldiers when they are not in a squad I believe. Your elf probably has acquired combat skills in a squad/army before the final shodown. I hope he got a heroic title of his victory
Neither the role or title of administrator have anything to do with combat skills (and his post did state "zero combat skills".) It was most likely the governor of an occupied settlement. Worldgen never settles fights sensibly, which is why a Demon Lord in history could be slain by a duck.

OmegaShadowcry

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeper of Many Memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2017, 12:37:27 am »

Going swimming and becoming encased by ice.

Now, imagine that with a Necromancer Vampire trying to push their Naga Necromancer companion across a river, and you have a pretty good idea of what happened to my most successful adventurer up til that point.
He finally died when there was nothing else to take and my axeman bled him out trying to steal his guts.
I walked off of the outer wall a few minutes later as the new King. I'm still baffled.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2017, 12:56:38 am »

Punched a guy in the chest, the force of the blow sent him flying. We happened to be fighting atop a castle I made, 22 z's high. Decided to jump on him where he'd land, cause fatality. Problem is, I didn't take a moment to look at how close we were to the edge... I leapt off to my death and turned into a puddle of goo on impact, he didn't even go as far as I thought and survived well and good on the roof.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Murderkill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2017, 02:41:44 am »

Embarked at a tower. Became a necromancer. Sprinted into the wild for barely a minute and fell into a pond. Instantly froze to death.
I name all my adventurers Daven.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7