Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Most anti-climactic death?  (Read 30106 times)

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
Re: Most anti-climactic death?
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2017, 03:12:35 pm »

My adventurer turned vampire had gone about conquering all four of the vaults located in his world, read the secrets inscribed upon the tablets and and killed all but one of the world's remaining surface demons. He decided to enslave that last demon and went about slaughtering every goblin he came across. Eventually he decided to take over a hamlet, murdering the resident lord and his children and decided he would retire here after slaying his semi-loyal demon companion. After an epic duel he slew the demon, ridding the surface of the forever. He went outside to wash the demon blood off in a nearby river, stepped too close to someone's pet horse and it caved in his skull with a single kick. A single goddamn kick.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 06, 2017, 10:27:33 pm »

EDIT: wrong thread
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 06:22:54 am by Uzu Bash »

jimboob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2017, 04:32:43 pm »

My first adventurer, I made a hulking human wrestler in the spirit of The Mountain from GoT. His name was Lon. Not knowing anything about Adventure mode I got Lon lost and hungry. Figured our hero would have no issue taking out a stray horse for a quick meal though, so I had Lonny sneak up behind the horse and grab it around it's neck.

The horse promptly crushed Lons foot and kicked him in the body, smashing his ribs and destroying his liver.

I managed to stumble my way to my old fort I just retired and decided to suicide by one of my military dwarve. I felt like a proud papa watching one of my own beat this ever living piss out of Lon like it was nothing.

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2017, 07:22:36 pm »

I just remembered one time I decided to throw a beetle at a merchant just to see what happened. I didn't really die, per say. More like all of existence exploded. I think I eventually got rid of the save to clear up space, so yeah. The world ended because I threw a bug at someone.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2017, 09:28:00 pm »

I just remembered one time I decided to throw a beetle at a merchant just to see what happened. I didn't really die, per say. More like all of existence exploded. I think I eventually got rid of the save to clear up space, so yeah. The world ended because I threw a bug at someone.

The game crashed? I imagine this: *throws bug at some random guy* *universe implodes*. I hope this doesn't happen in our universe.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2017, 09:33:06 pm »

The game crashed? I imagine this: *throws bug at some random guy* *universe implodes*. I hope this doesn't happen in our universe.
Yeah, that would be a horrible yet hilarious way for the universe to end. Don't doubt the power of random bugs you find on the ground.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2017, 04:02:30 am »

Recruited a drunk. The next night he turned into a weremammoth and oneshot me with a bite. No wonder that drinking mound was almost empty.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Dragonunion

• Bay Watcher
  • ... challenging the monsters of the depths
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2017, 08:10:18 am »

Recruited a drunk. The next night he turned into a weremammoth and oneshot me with a bite. No wonder that drinking mound was almost empty.
A drunken weremammoth  :D
and it transformed in the first night and killed you with one bite! Thats crazy :D
But has he done much damage in the town/village? I mean: he lived there and transformed every month.
The old apple revels in its authority.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2017, 08:57:44 am »

Yeah, that would be a horrible yet hilarious way for the universe to end. Don't doubt the power of random bugs you find on the ground.

"Dwarf Fortess v1.0 has crashed"
Dammit, Toady, I thought you fixed that bug (pun intended)!
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2017, 12:32:17 pm »

and it transformed in the first night and killed you with one bite! Thats crazy :D
But has he done much damage in the town/village? I mean: he lived there and transformed every month.
Meh, things in DF are A LOT less lethal when you don't see them. Like this time when one miraclously stupid (miraclously because he actually managed to do it) NPC disturbed tomb with mumy in a town. Damn thing is totally capable of slaughtering all town even without necromantic madskillz, and started to do this before killing my adventurer, but made no more kills in a month that was spent by two (failed) tryes to kill it with two more adventurers. And i doubt that werebeasts that live in towns are doing at least something if you don't come near them in full moon.

Dragonunion

• Bay Watcher
  • ... challenging the monsters of the depths
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2017, 08:30:34 am »

Meh, things in DF are A LOT less lethal when you don't see them. Like this time when one miraclously stupid (miraclously because he actually managed to do it) NPC disturbed tomb with mumy in a town. Damn thing is totally capable of slaughtering all town even without necromantic madskillz, and started to do this before killing my adventurer, but made no more kills in a month that was spent by two (failed) tryes to kill it with two more adventurers. And i doubt that werebeasts that live in towns are doing at least something if you don't come near them in full moon.
I know. Hydra sounded for me at first time not so hard. Later my legendary elephant man died in a Long battle:(
But companions disturb every time the Mummys because they move directly next to them. Ist annoying :(
The old apple revels in its authority.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2017, 09:29:14 am »

There's no purpose to going into a tomb if you're not going to disturb the mummy. If you don't want to sacrifice a companion, or yourself, then get immunity to the curse and disturb it as soon as possible by bashing the door down or picking something up. Then your companions can safely be whittled away by the traps.

EDIT: This reminds me of when I brought disposable companions recruited from underground thugs into a tomb with me. They had deflected or dodged all the traps on the way in, and when one of them predictably (protip, if it's predictable, it's exploitable) incurred the mummy's curse, I jumped to the nearest doorway to try to lure the animating corpses into a bottleneck. So my cursed companion was in the center of it all, with an angry undead herbalist and his twenty-something smelly handmaidens while I worked in from the edges, hacking and butchering until I was near enough to take out the mummy reanimating their parts.

And he survived! Maimed and crippled for life with a face that would terrify small children, but alive. So I retired him, but during my looting I found his body on the one trap on his direct path to the exit. Apparently he crossed it just as his luck left him.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:22:43 am by Uzu Bash »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2017, 03:44:27 pm »

It wasn't my companion. It was random cytizen, that disturbed mummy in a shrine in a middle of town. I just walked around the shrine, played with random lolis, then suddenly noticed cytizen running for his life out of lower shrine levels, quickly followed by mummy. Zombie apocalypse and my death ensued. Loli was fine, i died before zombies get to her.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 03:57:30 pm by MCreeper »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2017, 06:07:40 pm »

Was a little disappointed when my elf adventurer managed to kill a jungle titan by throwing a weasel corpse at it, when I was expecting an epic battle worthy of future ballads.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

deanec64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2017, 08:46:52 am »

swimming in a river in beginning of the year (whatever its called). Frozen solid in ice!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7