Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Most anti-climactic death?  (Read 30115 times)

Nazgul

• Escaped Lunatic
  • ELF GET OUT
    • View Profile
Re: Most anti-climactic death?
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2017, 03:08:04 pm »

Many many bogeymen deaths..

Once spawned in a forest retreat and thought it would be funny to bother the elves, got pushed out of the tree and died.

Recently jumped in a well for some dumb idea and couldn't climb out past two Z levels because the walls were too slippery?

Sure beats being ripped apart by night trolls or yetis.

Hired Goons

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 03, 2017, 10:02:56 pm »

Apparently my current world has acid rivers  ::) I melt before I can swim across the larger one.
Guess I need to look harder for the bridge...

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2017, 06:48:38 pm »

Apparently my current world has acid rivers  ::) I melt before I can swim across the larger one.

You might just be in a really hot area. Acid rivers would be kind of cool, though. More stuff for evil biomes, maybe?

Hired Goons

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2017, 08:57:00 pm »

You might just be in a really hot area. Acid rivers would be kind of cool, though. More stuff for evil biomes, maybe?
Yeah, anything I try to eat when out and about is "too hot", so it just has boiling rivers instead of acid ones. Guess something's wrong with worldgen settings.

VolcanoQueen

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably a robot or something.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2017, 06:04:14 pm »

[Yeah, anything I try to eat when out and about is "too hot", so it just has boiling rivers instead of acid ones. Guess something's wrong with worldgen settings.

I didn't know food could get too hot, though I guess that makes sense if the rivers are boiling. I can't remember which thread it was, but I remember someone messing around with worldgen settings and making a world that was ridiculously cold at the poles and a giant, scorching desert at the equator. Anything that tried to pass through the middle would melt, so the two sides mostly developed on their own. It was pretty cool.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2017, 06:24:00 pm »

Got knocked into a lava tube by a rodent man after defeating the rest of them 1v8...
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2017, 09:21:51 am »

I was playing as a eagle man, I had just killed a hydra. I was running off a nearby cliff to start flying (just thought it would be a cool) but as I ran off the cliff I remembered that my left wing was broken in the fight. Ended up falling 20z levels to my death.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2017, 01:11:45 am »

I used to freeze to death a lot when I traveled in rivers during nights. Didnt matter if it was a jungle or whatever. Havent had this problem for quite some time though.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2017, 10:47:57 pm »

Decided to throw an artifact into a volcano for the hell of it, decided to get a good look at it, forgot that the lava was higher up than I thought, burned up. RIP.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2017, 11:33:33 am »

Killed a wereantilope, only to learn the next month my companion got bit- they kicked my head off the moment they turned before I could even notice. While we were peacefully singing in a tavern.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 28, 2017, 12:21:22 pm »

Any death by bogeymen.

blister_pack

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil biome package of hairy goodies.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2017, 06:27:46 am »

On a new small world, while tweaking with areas of good and evil biomes suddenly I got Age of Legends (43.05!!!) Decided to take a look at it, sadly it was reveal history 0 to speed up the worldgens, so I had to do it the long way. The reason for end of myths seemed to be a single elven civ that tamed giant elephants. That and evil biomes turning megabeasts to undead and sending them vs demons so one of them had to go.

I decided to hug some trees for that glorious civ of --ing giant elephant riders. Whoops... only one camp available as spawning site. No map on spawn. Civ is dying.

I wake up and replace 'dying' for 'dead'. There's one elf in the camp plus me. The elf was kidnapped when she was 3 and escaped into the jungle and settled that camp. It was 170 years ago. The camp is next door to the dark tower of slade and some dark pits. No gear in the camp. The she elf wont join me, shes got responsibilities. The night will come eventually. We are in a savage jungle, but evil hills next door spawns evil clouds. All I wanted to do is to see the giant elephants for tree's sake!

Following was one of the most tense adventures I ever had. I met a goblin-dwarf-elf patrol of 13, all clad in iron. I won thr iron long sword from ine of them by throwing sharp rocks at the group from behind the tree until somehow not blocked by any shield, one of the rocks incapacitated one of weapon arms. I couldnt take it of course, not until they went away few hours later and I travelled to the same location and somehoe found the sword in the jungle. I raided a tower in nearby pit, came back with gear to the camp, clad the she-elf and me in metal.
I waited for the night. Decided, to hell with it, and tried to sleep. Woke uo fealing uneasy, but no cackling. Some scouting revealed the sad truth - my camp was raided by the 13 strong patrol I got my sword from! I was competent swordsman, maybe talented fighter and adequate everything else by then. For the ancient elephants of yore!

Few hours later, after sneaking, climbing, blocking whips, dealing punches into exclamation marked teeth, chocking,  kicking, biting, scratching and backstabbing I was standing over the dead body of the she-elf with half of the patrol scattered dead all around the neighbourhood, other half with various scars or without teeth slowly gathering for the second attack. I could hear them talking in the night.

From one of goblins back in the pits I learned about both a cave and a maze naerby. It was just before midnight though and tired as I was I could never get to the cave before boogeymen got me and punched out seven kinds of snots from me. I decided to take the body and myself to the maze.

I made it. I fought with the minotaur. After many hours of striking the air I finally got it. as she scrambled, I even got to talk with her (gotta reveal all those histpry facts you know). She had a father and a mother. Wow. I decided to let her live. When she passed out, I puncjed out all her horns and teeth, brpke every of her limbs and fast travelled as soon as I could before she died of blood loss.

Yes, I made it even further! - the elf boasted. I came back, rushed into the maze and started talking to the minotaur. I forgot broken limbs healed faster and I didnt severe her nerves in fear of loosing her. As the elf opened his inquisitive mouth, she grabbed him by the leg and broke it. I took out a crutch I found in the maze when leaving it, got up, she charged and the elf fell. Then she kicked him in the neck, the neck snapped and it was all over. After few rounds of trying in vain to bite her throat, the brief upshoot from the muck of this crazy world was just another entry in legends mode.

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2017, 10:34:13 pm »

My Legendary  lasher with a artifact silver whip which has been handed down for 5 generations of heroes Elder wand style
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
who had a name lost to time (and my memory) the whip was named the ace ace of aces by the way. Guess how I died?? Go on guess!!! >:(

I don’t even know where I died so I can reclaim this Birthright of death (Deathright?)

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2017, 10:41:03 pm »

My Legendary  lasher with a artifact silver whip which has been handed down for 5 generations of heroes Elder wand style
who had a name lost to time (and my memory) the whip was named the ace ace of aces by the way. Guess how I died?? Go on guess!!! >:(

I don’t even know where I died so I can reclaim this Birthright of death (Deathright?)

How... Just... How? You know you can fill your backpack with snow and then heat it up, right?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 12, 2017, 11:18:13 pm »

Is it bad that I actually didn't know that? Thanks for the info tho. :P
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7