Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Most anti-climactic death?  (Read 30064 times)

TheRedwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Pagan Desert Bitch (she/they)
    • View Profile
Re: Most anti-climactic death?
« Reply #90 on: December 12, 2017, 11:21:41 pm »

Damn, I wish it was that simple. If I would have done that (thanks for the tip by the way :D) I would have gotten boogie woogie SLAUGHTERED by those bastard Night Creatures (you know the ones :P).
That’s just what I get for wandering around the forest at night looking for new people to MurderHobo!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:23:55 pm by TheRedwolf »

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 17, 2017, 08:44:35 pm »

Getting hit in the throat.

Actually - that's all of my deaths.

Really hope Toady fixes that one day.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 17, 2017, 09:31:18 pm »

I see no reason to fix that. In real life, along with most fantasy works, getting your throat torn apart is lethal.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

kiwiphoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 18, 2017, 05:19:50 am »

Had just done a bit of modding to make organ damage more realistic (i.e. even more crippling/deadly, for the most part).

Made up a fresh-faced young peasant, and headed out into the world to seek my fortune.
Met a bandit hardly a dozen tiles outside of my hometown.

Took literally one step, and he shot me in the spleen.
Collapsed, went into shock, and haemmorhaged to death on the spot.

On the plus side, the mod worked perfectly!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2017, 05:22:01 am by kiwiphoenix »

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 18, 2017, 10:10:12 am »

I see no reason to fix that. In real life, along with most fantasy works, getting your throat torn apart is lethal.

That's not my problem - my problem is there's no way to protect your throat. I have adventurers that have killed thousands of goblins - but the throat is always vulnerable, even with a masterpiece robe and full superior armor and 6 hoods and several cloaks and an iron helmet no less; there is no protection for my throat. If it's hit by *anything* I'm dead, even if it's something I could otherwise have literally killed with my bare hands.
stack of 10 prepared dragonfly brains - I'm trying to imagine what's more funny: a dwarf popping a tiny dragonfly brain into his mouth for a snack, the butcher who actually prepared this feast, or the brave hunter who ventured out into the wilderness and returned with this bounty.

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 18, 2017, 10:15:17 am »

That's not my problem - my problem is there's no way to protect your throat. I have adventurers that have killed thousands of goblins - but the throat is always vulnerable, even with a masterpiece robe and full superior armor and 6 hoods and several cloaks and an iron helmet no less; there is no protection for my throat. If it's hit by *anything* I'm dead, even if it's something I could otherwise have literally killed with my bare hands.
yes, but they are punching you so hard that your throat collapses. hoods, cloaks, and helmets don't protect your throat. there has never been any armor that protects your throat.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 18, 2017, 10:26:34 am »

yes, but they are punching you so hard that your throat collapses. hoods, cloaks, and helmets don't protect your throat. there has never been any armor that protects your throat.

He meant to make a suggestion. Tell him to post that in the appropriate forum.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Nerserus

• Bay Watcher
  • Rawr.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 18, 2017, 06:46:43 pm »

He meant to make a suggestion. Tell him to post that in the appropriate forum.
I'm not making a suggestion - and you can talk to me directly as I'm here. I'm saying all deaths are anti-climactic when you get hit in the throat and it's a pretty big list.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 18, 2017, 07:51:37 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorget

deathpunch578

• Bay Watcher
  • local satanist practices black magic in cornfields
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 18, 2017, 09:44:51 pm »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gorget
didn't know those existed, and to be fair they eventually became necklaces.
Someone hands you a basketful of Jeses.
Cheerful with a side of wink wink nudge nudge I bet this guy's spine would look great mounted on my wall.
You ever get so mad you fuck a donkey?

Amorphage

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_HATEABLE] [FANCIFUL] [SLOW_LEARNER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2017, 07:30:41 am »

Going swimming in cold weather and proceeding to have my adventurer have the entire river freeze around em as soon as night  falls.
Hasn't happened in a while because i'm now careful to train swimming in areas that don't get below freezing overnight, but gosh is it frustrating when your fully outfitted adventurer turns into a block of ice and insta-dies because you forgot to check the temperature.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 22, 2017, 08:37:38 am »

Started a Large world and made several Demi-God Heroes named after friends, retired them, and then recruited them with my own character. Was ready to go on grand adventures in a massive world!

Then the first bandit in our first mission destroys my leg with his Morningstar and kills me slowly as my companions are off fighting elsewhere. Took control of one of the companions and continued my adventures. Several quests later the second guy gets bit to death by crippled bandits that refused to die or focus on me. Mauls are terrible weapons, never use them

Now my last guy is left alone with both his friends dead.

Drako365

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2017, 02:02:21 pm »

I once died chasing a fish off a waterfall.

Sigged.
I once died chasing a fish off a waterfall.

ungeniusidea

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2017, 12:34:16 pm »

The wiki has a list with some armour types that seem to cover the throat. According to that a mail shirt is your best bet.

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Armor
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]