Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Most anti-climactic death?  (Read 29869 times)

charcharmunro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Most anti-climactic death?
« on: June 18, 2017, 07:26:26 am »

Simple enough, really. What's the most anti-climactic adventurer death you've ever had? Mine was going to wrestle a sturgeon with my high master wrestler, immediately getting my lower body bitten through all my armor, shaken around once and then I didn't have a spine. I'd trained wrestling ON sturgeons prior with no real injuries at all because they mostly just failed to do anything, but I guess I found that one badass fish.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:30:21 am by charcharmunro »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Most anti-climactic death?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 08:03:00 am »

I once died chasing a fish off a waterfall.
One wheel short of a wagon

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 08:05:35 am »

Once battled a guard on a staircase where he was above me. After i killed him his loincloth came crashing down, caving in my skull and killing me on the spot. So... yeah.
Been a while ago, luckily skulls are a bit sturdier since then.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 09:05:36 am »

Drowned while training swimming.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 10:25:04 am »

Once battled a guard on a staircase where he was above me. After i killed him his loincloth came crashing down, caving in my skull and killing me on the spot. So... yeah.
Been a while ago, luckily skulls are a bit sturdier since then.
Yeah, something similar happened to one of my guys back in v.34. Wasn't a fight, though. Instead, one of my companions fell on my adventurer while we explored a keep. Cue fatal heart, lung, and intestinal injuries.

Also back in version .34, I lost an adventure after raiding a cave full of night creatures. Cause of death? Starvation... due to being unable to bypass the campfire I'd lit in the cave's mouth.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:36:16 am by ShinQuickMan »

Nep Nep

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of Za Warudo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 10:54:42 am »

Any death by bogeymen, really unfun to have a really intresting adventure go on then suddenly "YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY INCESSANT CACLKING" and then the adventurer dies because you didnt adventure with anyone even if they are fully armored or whatnot
Waluigi rushes to aid him, but not before warning Bowser, "Don't expect mouth-to-mouth!"

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 02:54:27 pm »

It was both the most anti-climatic, and the most poetic... I was a vampire swordsman, going around the land killing lords and ladies, and finally I found the leader of the civ I was within, a king since I added them to the humans. Walked up to him, had a nice conversation, learned someone had murdered his brother, with a name oddly like mine... Walked over to the guards and started fighting them with my fists, crushing skulls and chests. Drew my sword for those in attendance, and took out those nobles, before starting on the king. He accepted my offered mug of my blood, and took in the vampire taint, and as he turned I decapitated him. I saw a noble come up the stairs, and went to finish him off. Suddenly, he whips out a knife and cuts my head clean off. I checked legends mode. This fish cleaner was also the king's son. This vampire had killed a demon, fought half a vault, wrestled a giant, solo'd a hydra, one-shotted a giant rhino, and slain hundreds of humans, mostly guards. And a man wielding a knife and vengeance was what it took.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 03:33:47 pm »

Not adventure mode, but I had a dwarf named Minkot Isakkonos https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCBWYXDrBLI&t=9m58s who died of dehydration right beside a pond. Her arms and leg were fractured but she was operating the screw pump, and covered in floodwater. And then she dehydrated, and like 30 dwarves just walked past her as she lay in the puddle, begging for someone to bring her water.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

Slozgo Luzma

• Bay Watcher
  • RIP Emeg Orglebeamed, the Domination of Castles
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 04:37:04 pm »

Not my character, but an NPC. I was fighting a modded creature called a "Dark Master" that was posing as the Lady of a depopulated hamlet, which breathes dragonfire and is extremely strong and fast. It was murderating me as would be expected, but no limbs had been severed. Then she grabbed me and did a jump throw. I was tossed into the air, skidded around on the ground and broke a leg... she threw herself as well, and decapitated herself and lost an arm and a leg. I then became lord of the hamlet.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 04:15:09 pm »

I retired a successful legendary adventurer and he died in a block of ice. Those rivers are out to get us!

Blue_J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2017, 05:06:22 pm »

This just happened to me: I was finishing up defensive training for my new Adv. mode character. He was already a Legendary Armor user, but I wanted to get him up to Legendary+ Shield User and Dodger before venturing out in earnest.

Towards that end, I found a family of otters in the forest. I got on the ground and crept up behind them, then used my arms and legs to wrestle three of them at once so that they couldn't escape. I then tapped each one using a +birchen training axe+ to set them into a rage so that they'd attack me. I then just sat there and waited.

The plan worked brilliantly. Most of the attacks were blocked by the shield, and the ones that weren't were misses because my dodging was so good. Eventually, my character started to get Tired, but that was okay. When my character became over-exerted, I was about to let go and crawl away, but I was so, so close to Legendary in shield user that I figured another minute wouldn't hurt.

I was wrong. My character passed out, and without the presence of mind to actively push the family of otters off, they gnawed my character to death, steel armor notwithstanding. I felt dumb.

That's probably what I deserve for cheesing combat training by wrestling small woodland creatures.

Ggobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 05:46:21 pm »

ptw
Just popping in to say that if DF has taught me anything, it's that everything is doomed.

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 04:05:13 pm »

My character passed out, and without the presence of mind to actively push the family of otters off, they gnawed my character to death, steel armor notwithstanding. I felt dumb.
And thus began the tale of the Otterman Empire.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

I.M. Err0r

• Bay Watcher
  • Keas are just misunderstood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 01:16:30 am »

"You have been encased in ice."
"You are deceased."

I was just trying to train up my swimming... 

Vilkku92

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2017, 05:47:39 pm »

I became thirsty while crossing a glacier, so I lit a fire to melt some ice I had in my waterskin.

When the glacier turned to water beneath my feet and swiftly froze again, I realized I might have melted a bit more than was necessary.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7