Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Having issues encrusting stuff with Gems  (Read 689 times)

evilmagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Having issues encrusting stuff with Gems
« on: June 18, 2017, 11:09:16 pm »

Spent the last 8 hours trying to get my guys to encrust my furniture with gems but no one will actually do it. I've tried manually queuing them up and setting them as priority and doing it through the manager. I am playing as humans, do they not have the tag? If they do not is it possible to edit something to allow them too? Thanks in advance!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Having issues encrusting stuff with Gems
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2017, 03:48:56 am »

You're probably better of asking about modding behavior in the modding forum, as humans are not playable in vanilla. Thus, you should expect that some things won't work properly.

Some vanilla causes:
- Stockpile links, where some resource isn't provided by any linked stockpile.
- Nobody having the appropriate job (I don't know which it is, as I've never bothered with encrusting), or being busy doing something else.
- Workshop restrictions so whoever should have done the job isn't allowed to.
- Gems in bins causing the job to be cancelled because of bin access lockouts.
- Workshop access being blocked. It's possible to build workshops such that nobody can get inside because of impassable tiles plugging the would be entrances.
- Burrows disallowing the appropriate worker to work at the workshop location.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
Re: Having issues encrusting stuff with Gems
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 05:13:38 pm »

Did you turn on gem setting on somebody?
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.