Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise  (Read 12631 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Dark Souls: Threads of Fate IC - Rise
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2017, 04:14:23 am »

Onryo continues to move forward(?) in silence.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2017, 04:33:59 am »

Kent continues watching Onryo and Ywis' backs in silence, keeping pace while watching the path behind them.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2017, 01:02:39 pm »

Kent, Onryo, Ywis

Moving through the halls, you see light from around a bend. You turn it and reach another room; large, but smaller than the one you came from. It has two levels: the "ground floor" you stand on and a set of raised balconies that ring the outside of the room. There aren't any visible entrances or staircases to the balconies from here, but there are doorways leading into yet other rooms up there, out of your reach. On these balconies are six Hollows, three to a side, wearing robes of black cloth.

One of the Hollows lets out a mindless shriek and points at you with its hand. The others follow suit and temporarily fill the room with the cacophony of their cries, but then fall silent; now, they raise their hands in unison, all clutching a small scrap of cloth. The air around their hands begins to glow a golden color that Kent instantly recognizes as the glow of a Miracle being readied.
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2017, 01:39:44 pm »

Boudicca dashes into the fray and follows up with a jumping slash.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2017, 08:56:20 pm »

Ywis tilts their head as they regard the Hollows on the balconies. After a moment's observation they duck back into the hallway and safely out of range of whatever they have prepared.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 25, 2017, 01:04:17 am »

Larae wanders around the chapel/church thing seeing as how nothing interesting is happening right at the moment. Can we perchance get point of interest prompts?

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 25, 2017, 12:33:04 pm »

Ludek, considering his options, adopts a reactive stance. He strafes along the wall, wielding his catalyst, only engaging if a hollow moves towards him. If he was lucky, Boudicca would attract the attention of every hollow, allowing Ludek to remain on the outskirts of the fight.
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 25, 2017, 01:41:50 pm »

Boudicca, Ludek, Meredith

Boudicca's attack brings her straight into the Hollows, smashing one into the ground and killing it instantly, while scattering the rest. A silver mist floats from the fresh corpse.

Boudicca gains a Pittance of Souls.

The Hollows stand and mob Boudicca, but their emaciated bodies are too weak to do any damage to her. However, one breaks away and makes for Ludek, letting out a rasping cry.

Raivo strides to the center of the room and takes a swing with his mace, launching one of the Hollows into the wall with the rough sound of shattering bones. Its souls make their way into his body as well.

Larae, Louie

A body, once occupied, now lends itself to the ether; a mind, once resolute, dissipates into ash.

Except for Lady Margot's writing supplies and the copies of the Tale, the church is empty. However, looking outside, Larae notices something strange down the hill.

Set about 15 yards from the edge of the town is a ring of stones, inside which the grass is worn away to the dirt. And, set within the circle: a small white pile of... something, with what looks like a short, red pole or stick shoved in the top. Vague shapes can be seen but from Larae's vantage point it's too difficult to tell exactly what the pile is.

Samson stands in the same spot, a slack-jawed expression upon his face.

"Is he... all right?"
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 25, 2017, 01:44:10 pm »

Meredith steps forward, rapier at the ready, and moves to assist Boudicca - stabbing some of the mobbing hollows and using her parrying dagger to fend off any that decide to focus on her.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 25, 2017, 01:56:27 pm »

"I imagine they are contemplating important things. Still... you say I am immortal?"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:00:55 pm by Adragis029 »
thincake

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 25, 2017, 02:02:21 pm »

"I can understand.

Oh, yes, that's right. It's a long story, but the important part is that, when you die, you'll just come back. Pretty convenient if you ask me. But..."

His face falls, and he looks somberly out over the courtyard.

"A lot of Undead end up going Hollow. Poor bastards."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:05:17 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 25, 2017, 02:09:04 pm »

"Hollow? I imagine it is like some terrifying blight consuming the soul?"
thincake

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 25, 2017, 02:12:19 pm »

"Well, in a way. I would put it like... they lose their purpose. The Darksign gives but it takes a lot more from some people than others."
Black lives matter.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 25, 2017, 02:39:45 pm »

"Probably. Poke him with a trout if you have one. The scent of dead fish oft wakes the sleeping Mind. I am going to go observe a Thing."

Larae exits the church and makes their way towards the circle Thing. Investigation! Huzzah! Kahlu Kalae!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 25, 2017, 03:59:18 pm »

Boudicca adopts her tribe's ancient technique for this situation. That is to say she swings her axe mightily to make a hole for her and then rolls out of it to minimize body area.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17